2017 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

2017 Jetta lease - horrible
By Slade Noecker

2017 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T S 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

don't get a lease, payments may be low but its nothing more than a big headache

One year down, no issues
By Pete

2017 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T S 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun little car with spink and great gas mmileage. I've had it for a year now and have put 13K miles on with no issues, just drive and change oil. The gas mileage does drop during the heat of the summer due to a/c drag. Lots of room in back for my bike with seats folded down. Starting on a hill with air on is a bit tricky with clutch, I usually turn the air off in this situation. Only wish it had a 6 speed but love the car. Very happy with purchase and experience so far.

Vw
By John B.

2017 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Better than I thought it would be. Great pickup and gas mileage.

Jetta GLI manual
By Jblank

2017 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Shop around for a better deal.

A Very Pleasant Surprise!
By J. Johansson

2017 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In 2016 I was reorganizing my life. I traded in a newish Volvo, for this a brand new Jetta Sport 1.8 Turbo. It was the most intriguing car at this price point. (It was important that I purchased within my means, still having a new, dependable car with warranty - but that was within my budget.) Everything else seemed cheap. I really was expecting to not like it and to be very unhappy. But to my surprise, this Jetta sports model with larger, turbocharged engine, revised suspension, wheels and tires, and 2 tone seating - drives like a sports car. It has great acceleration, tight steering and great interior with seat bolsters that hold you in place! It feels A LOT more like an Audi than a Volkswagen! My friend calls it a poor mans Audi. I agree. It also has a sleeker appearance sitting lower to the ground on larger sport wheels and tires. For the price, it's amazing and a bonafide secret. Seriously, if you strap on one of these sports models you will be sold! Oh, and it has a huge trunk! This review is for the Sport model with the 1.8 liter turbo. I can't vouch for the regular 1.4 liter turbo models.