2017 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Vw
By John B.

2017 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Better than I thought it would be. Great pickup and gas mileage.

Jetta GLI manual
By Jblank

2017 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Shop around for a better deal.

A Very Pleasant Surprise!
By J. Johansson

2017 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In 2016 I was reorganizing my life. I traded in a newish Volvo, for this a brand new Jetta Sport 1.8 Turbo. It was the most intriguing car at this price point. (It was important that I purchased within my means, still having a new, dependable car with warranty - but that was within my budget.) Everything else seemed cheap. I really was expecting to not like it and to be very unhappy. But to my surprise, this Jetta sports model with larger, turbocharged engine, revised suspension, wheels and tires, and 2 tone seating - drives like a sports car. It has great acceleration, tight steering and great interior with seat bolsters that hold you in place! It feels A LOT more like an Audi than a Volkswagen! My friend calls it a poor mans Audi. I agree. It also has a sleeker appearance sitting lower to the ground on larger sport wheels and tires. For the price, it's amazing and a bonafide secret. Seriously, if you strap on one of these sports models you will be sold! Oh, and it has a huge trunk! This review is for the Sport model with the 1.8 liter turbo. I can't vouch for the regular 1.4 liter turbo models.

you have to love volkswagons to purchase one
By fnj

2017 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T S 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought a 2017 Jetta i have no complaints about this car its a very nice car ,but beware !! ,when you buy these cars ,you WILL lose about $11,000 within 6 months time. i tried to trade it in to upgrade and i was offered $8000 for my vehicle that is only 6 months old ... i felt like i got robbed when bought this car .i guess i learned that my 1995 chevy pickup is worth more than my 2017 Jetta how nice

Great Low Cost Buy Used Car
By david smith

2017 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Very sure-footed in snow & slippery driving conditions. My only complaint is "blind-spots" for lane changes. I'm a seasoned driver who has had several close-calls changing lanes on the highway in this car (no lane departure or other driver-assist detection cameras/software)... I recommend that you check & double-check for another vehicle just behind & beside you before changing lanes - the "B & C-Pillars" seem to block out vehicles traveling just beside & behind you. Otherwise, I really like this car for my needs.