Used 2009 Volkswagen CC Sedan Consumer Reviews

$6,900

Used CC for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

After Market Sunroof Possible

steve3752, 05/07/2009

I was not going to buy the CC becuase of the tilt only sunroof. Decided to buy CC Sport at invoice and try aftermarket Webasto 735 Sunroof. Cost $1,295. Very happy. Has more features than any factory roof I have had on Audi, Acura and Lexus. Automatically closes when ignition turns off. Car is great. People constantly ask if it is a Mercedes and are shocked when you tell them VW. 2.0 T is very resposive, smooth and quiet

Very pleased [so far]

OBTV, 05/01/2009

This exceptional styled sedan meets most acceptance points of any auto out there today, as a previous owner of a DTS [FULLY LOADED] cadillac I miss the softer ride only, however the CC has all if not more extras than the Caddy. Thats the good news folks...the not-so-good points are a User Manual that is NOT so "user friendly" (many smaller titled booklets in one binder) that you are constantly fumbling from one to another to find the info needed, & most [if not all] the driving control feature set-ups have to be programmed...a real nightmare! I use a computer every day and can only imagine someone that don't have some computer skills saddly will end up not using many features available.

Best (looking) VW ever?

11th-vw, 05/01/2009

After five months of ownership, this 11th VW in my driveway has not disappointed me in any way. Fuel economy combined after nearly 7000 miles is 31.1 mpg. Quality/workmanship is excellent, comfort for driver and passengers (front and rear) excellent. Easy to expand the trunk space (although not a wagon....). The 2.0T engine is not only great with respect to fuel economy, acceleration is fabulous, engine noise minimal. Better than the V6 that I've owned. 6-speed manual is smooth and makes driving fun. Sound system is very good. Only (slight) negatives (that one knows after a test drive): View to the rear is challenging at times, and limited seating capacity may be an issue to some

Right Choice

HappyInCbus, 04/30/2009

I am a recent college grad. who just started his first real job, and needed a new car. My old car was on its last leg, so I started test driving everything (Camry, Avalon, G35, Mazda6, Altima, A4). I was all set to lease an Altima, but the CC was my last car to look at, and it blew me away in person! In my opinion, it is one of the top 3 or so best looking cars, regardless of price. I have already had 5 different strangers come up to me and ask what kind of car it was (nice ego boost by the way). It's a blast to drive, and nice to have a "worry free" warranty that lasts for the life of the lease (3 years, 36K mi.).

Time will tell

Derasie Lee, 05/05/2009

I owned a GXP with 303hp before this car. It had much more raw power, but this car can move for it size good pickup. The ride of the car feels a little more upscale, and the design of the car is what made me take a second look at VW. PS still miss the GXP however

Holy VW!!!!!

NewCCMan, 05/17/2009

WoW! I am totally blown away with this car. The manual Sport Model is perfect. There is no better car out there for the price of such German Engineering and Avant Garde Styling. If you appreciate handling, performance, European styling, this is the car for you

Judging a book by its cover

Cookin998, 05/21/2009

My third VW, I've gone from Jetta to Passat and now to CC. In the transitions I was a bit disappointed in the Passat (like most 90's VWs, it had its electrical problems). The CC restores my faith in VW. My wife is a BMW gal and she loves this car. The ride (in stop-and-go, on country roads or highway) is a lot tighter than her 535. The standard features are incredible (could use a better sunroof though) for a car in this price range and the tires and rims that come standard need absolutely no upgrade. Within the first two months every single person who rides with me in this car or even sees the car in a parking lot asks about it. I would definitely recommend this, just negotiate a good price

GREAT CAR! Quick for a 4cyl

Tom, Virginia, 05/27/2009

Bought the car yesterday, fast fun and a REALLY cool exterior design. Only issues are interior storage, the door storage area is a joke. Rear seat middle area would be better served to seat a 5th person, also the rear could have easily had dual exhaust like on the 6cyl instead of one side on the 4cyl. But oh well, love the car through and through! Out the door price was $28k. Same car as the Audi a4 for the most part except it's $5k cheaper...

Great Car for the Buck!

Eric, 06/02/2009

I used to drive a Mercedes SL500 (priced around 105,000). Switching to VW has been a great experience. Mine is a Basic 4 cyl.The car is just great! Exterior and interior design is fabulous. I get a lot of compliments for the car. I certainly recommend it.

Love the car. Driving comfort ???

michelle-horton@sbcg, 06/01/2009

I bought the CC 4cyclinder 2.0 model about 3-weeks ago. I enjoy the attention the car gets and the sleek look. One major drawback is the car doesn't absorb bumps well and it's not a comfortable ride at all. I have not read about any suspension problems. Feel trapped in a beautiful car with a not so comfortable ride. Also, the gas mileage is so good. Not getting 20 mpg at all. Backing up is a nightmare

Amazing Value!

cameron12x, 06/03/2009

The Sport trim is an amazing value. The turbocharged 4-cylinder mated to the six-speed manual transmission produces sub 7-second 0-60 times, yet I got 33 mpg on my first road trip! The build quality is first-rate, comfort abounds, and it's an incredibly beautiful car just to look at. I can't wait for the parking lot comments!

Stunned

Brian, 06/04/2009

If you're in the market for a sleek, classy & sporty sedan without the high $30K price tag - this is undeniably the only choice. A comparably equipped Altima, Accord or Camry costs more, yet this car easily matches the A4, 3 Series and IS in quality and style. I pulled up to my bank the day after I bought this and this gal pulled in beside me in her new 3 series. Her buyer's remorse gaze at my new ride as was unmistakable. This car wants for nothing in style or performance. If I wanted a monster fast sports performer, I'd buy a GTR. This car has everything and then some - all for $10K less than the usual suspects.

Great Car....but

Scott, 06/14/2009

I have only had this car in my garage for a few days - I too think the styling, performance (for a turbo 4 cyl.) and overall level of quality is great for a vehicle at this price level. I am very pleased so far and will update this review in a few months. However, for $32K+ the owner's manual leaves a lot to be desired - what's written and what I've got don't always seem to be the same. No information on the stereo/radio/sat/CD is provided and that's a bit of a frustration. Apparently there's no Blutooth cell system that uses the MFD or at least that my dealer was aware of. The panoramic sunroof is a waste of material. I still think this a great car even with a few shortcomings.

Love This Car

TC in NJ, 06/23/2009

I too am on my third VW (Jetta, Passat, now CC). I love this car. It looks and feels like a much more expensive car. The outside styling captivated me, but I love the way it handles and the sleek interor as well. Great soundsystem. So far my gas mileage is running on the high end of the range. Once I drove this, I dropped all thought of a more expensive BMW.

Best looking car and value on the market

Greg, 07/02/2009

The CC has the looks of the C-class, but for half the money. Even the back seat is larger than the C. I bought the black on black Luxury with Technology package and BlueTooth. We wanted the better MPG than the 6. So far, very happy. Haven't figured out the hard drive yet, but, you can watch a DVD on the NAV screen. Pretty cool.

CC 2.0T Luxury

VARam2000, 07/04/2009

I had already decided on a CPO 2008 S80, when my wife saw one of these on the highway. She sent me a photo from her cell and said , "You've got to buy this car!" After seeing this gorgeous car in person and a 20 min test drive, I was sold. Picked it up the next day; White Gold 2.0T Luxury, moon roof, Sirius, extra mats for $29k. MSRP was 34695. Invoice was $30110.

Best bang for the buck

E.T., 07/16/2009

Came off of lease on a Lexus RX-350 and was looking for something less expensive with better mileage. Was seriously looking at the Passat wagon when I caught sight of the CC, sat in it, and ultimately test drove it. That was it...sold! I have owned other German luxury sedans... Audi, BMW, and currently a Mercedes E350 (our other vehicle). From an engineering and design standpoint, the CC is a home run for VW and the best value in the industry. Remarkable acceleration from the 2.0L turbo 4, great handling, beautiful design inside & out. If they could have made the sunroof retractable, this car would be near perfect.

Sleek Baby!

Tony, 07/16/2009

Amazing car. The performance/luxury/value equation on the CC Sport (or Luxury) is very high. The amount of style (beautiful inside and out), performance (sub 7 sec 0-60 with the manual), fuel economy (30+ on the hwy and 24ish around town), and standard features puts this car in a class by itself. It really stands out on the road in a sea of forgetable family sedans. The get up and go has really surprised me; you find yourself over the posted speed limit in no time and the power delivery is so smooth, you would never know this is a 4 banger. Build quality is top notch and even the standard radio is solid. The one down side...the steering is a little too light. Otherwise, well done VW!

What a VW!!

Dr Dan, 07/20/2009

This is the best car we have owned. Drives great, looks great. Gave it to my wife as a birthday present. She loves the blue color and the numerous features the car has. We have taken it on two trips and it has done great. People stare at it when we stop at lights and restaurants. VW has done a great job on this one. This is our third VW. Happy Driving!!

Great Experience

MRod, 07/21/2009

I bought the car in February but waited to put a few thousand miles on the car before writing the review. The car runs like a dream and the 4 cyl turbo is all the engine great around town and on the highway. The interior is a key component of any car I purchase and I have to say I absolutely love the interior. It rivals the interior of any Audi. The exterior is beautiful and turns heads everywhere. I bought the shadow blue with the two tone interior and its a real pleasure to have in my driveway. I regularly drive 200 miles between NY and Pennsylvania and can only say the car is rock solid at speed (autobahn like). Around town smooth and responsive. Previously owned 2004 Acura TL. Buy it.

Such a fun car

MarcoN, 08/01/2009

So, I had to come back to Edmunds and write a review. We debated over the CC, and the somewhat comparably priced entry levels from Lexus, Infiniti, and Audi. Hard choice picking the VW over the "luxury" brands, but I have to tell you that it was definitely worth the name plate trade off. Extremely well built, solid car; very fun to drive, with a lot of pep for a 4-cylinder; like others have noted, unlike the entry level luxs, you will get plenty of looks. So many people have stopped my wife and me and asked what type of car it was, or just complimented the style and look. We bought a luxury model fully loaded (backup camera, bluetooth, nav, etc.) in the blue/gray. Would recommend to anyone.

I'm converted!

Sarah, 08/07/2009

Is it so wrong to want to sleep in my car? I went from a SUV to this, and it is a major shock. I can now accelerate on every corner instead of braking. It's very low to the ground, so it will take me a while to get used to. I bought the VR-6 Sport Blue Exterior, two toned leather interior with Nav, etc. I love the ride - very comfortable seats. The Nav system is awesome so if you can get it, do so. I'm a bit of a techie so there are plenty of buttons for me to push to satisfy the need. Yesterday I found out I have a USB port in my glovebox. I have a rearview camera that shows what's behind me when I go in reverse, and has lines to show what my path is depending on my wheel position.

alignment

victor, 08/13/2009

bought car beginning of August. has been in shop longer than it has been at home. Alignment problem, let go of steering wheel and drifts drastically to the right. Service guy has been much help, even though 3 technicians have tried to resolve problem. Latest attempt was to replace all tires, another alignment, and balancing. We'll see what happens. Haven't had time to really test drive it myself since I've been out of town on business. Will keep you posted. Really like the style, inside and out, but we'll see.

New Owner 2 day review CC SPORT VR6

sumncguy, 08/31/2009

5/7 220lb no problem getting in/out, plenty leg/head room. Drver Seat setting allows ample leg room rear seat rider. Config of the dash controls, 1st glance, easily found/used while driving. Over done interior electronics most I will never use. A good reason to get the warranty. VW should offer VR6 with less fluff. If they did I would have purchased that model instead. Performance/handling quite good both in twisties & on the slab. slow at the starts. Rougher back roads reminded me I was in a smaller car. Performance/steering wasnt inhibited crests/valleys are felt more. Mirror/through window views unobstructed. Ill be back with an updated review.

Amazing Sport Sedan!! Test Drive it!

The Kingwood KId, 09/15/2009

The last Sports Sedan I owned was a 2004 Acura TSX. In my opinion, this car blows it away on performance and handling. From the satisfying grip of the steering wheel to its solid handling and acceleration, this car is a winner. I could feel the difference when I drove a new TSX and a 2010 Ford Fusion Sport. Two months ago I didn't know this model VW even existed. I can't understand why VW hasn't marketed this car like it has some of their other models. You have to test drive this car to really appreciate what it has to offer in terms of the driving experience. Simply amazing. I have had the CC for two weeks and have about 700 miles on the car with no complaints what so ever.

Water Leakage

Stephen (Dallas, TX), 09/16/2009

This is a wonderful car! VW has done a great job. Sleek,total head turner. I love that it has no model on the outside.One major flaw is water holding in the doors.Especially the rear doors. I noticed it immediately. After being washed or rain it holds in the doors. It will soak your shoes. Waited to have it address at the first free maintenance (10K). My area experienced a lot of rain a few days before taking it. I happened to notice the water is now inside the car. Back right floor board is soaked. I let the service man experience the woosh of water in the svc bay. They found water in the front as well. Now 3 days in the shop. They are clueless at this point. Send me suggestions!

Best looking car on the road today

Greg , 09/19/2009

I looked at the Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and Acura's. The CC looks better than all of them, and has an incredibly large trunk, with a back-seat that also folds down. The technology package is awesome - even accepts a mini-flash card for music, and play's DVD movies while waiting. Another cool feature is the "auto-hold' brake. It automatically holds the car until you press the accelerator - great in rush hour traffic. This is a great car and excellent value. It's design will last at least 10 years or more.

Great Car!

Luis @ Houston, 09/24/2009

This is a great car. $70k style with $30k price. 2lt turbo is adequate. 4- seat concept is nice. It developed a water leak inside but VW of America called me to bring to the shop to have it fixed. They know now the door seals accumulate water and are fixing. Great styling outside and inside. Good motor. turbo boost. Great seats. I'm 5'9" married no kids and car is perfect for us.

Fun & reliable car with water issues

Hello, 09/29/2009

I have already put over 10,000 miles on my new VW. I searched for awhile before purchasing it. I looked at new Honda Accord, new Nissan Altima, a used BMW 3 series and many more, but decided to go with the VW CC. This is the first VW I have ever owned. I have had it in the shop a couple of times already. The first problem was the speedometer was fluctuating. They replaced it with a new one, but I do notice it is off by one mile from the electronic display. The second and major issue is the doors are holding water. The back right side door especially is holding water. They are not sure how to fix it, but I did hear a service bulletin is coming out on this issue.

Water Retention (rear doors)

DGrant, 10/11/2009

I've had my VW CC for 7 months now and I'm still in love with it. Not only does it perform and ride well, it's an attention getter. However, the issue of water retention in the rear doors is annoying. With every heavy rain, I'm opening the rear doors to release the water, and checking the floor for wetness.

I love this car

Neo, 10/12/2009

I usually suffer from some buyer's remorse when I buy a car, but not this time. I just bought this car to replace an Infiniti I30T and I couldn't be happier. I had test driven the Lexus ES, BMW 3 series, Maxima and a few other cars and chose the CC for its styling, peppy engine (the 4-cylinder 2.0T is much quicker than the 6 cylinder I had on the I30), and price in comparison to other cars that were less sexy, had fewer features and were $5k to $10k more. I get more compliments on this car than others I have owned and people often wonder what type of car it is. I would definitely recommend (and have recommended) this car to others.

beautiful but fragile

patrick800, 10/20/2009

A real looker. Nice exterior and interior. Nice engine sound, good performance and decent fuel economy. Enormous trunk. Water leakage issues, water infiltration in rear taillights and mirror lights, fixed by dealer. many dash rattles.

cool car. some draw backs

RE, 10/21/2009

Style is obviously good. But the interior (radio and environmental) is not that impressive. The fan comes on full speed with a twist of the temp control and other buttons/knobs... I find it pretty annoying. The leather seems pretty cheesy. If you put something lightly heavy on the seats it show an indentation forever. I have the std. Speaker system installed. The sound quality is not horrible, but its pretty bad. The speedo is also off by one mph. At night the interior lights do night dime enough. It gets pretty bright once your eyes adjust to dark.

Well Designed

CC Rider, 10/16/2009

I started looking at this car because of it's looks and also I like the idea of having a coupe-like sedan. The most impressive thing's about my CC so far is the build quality, the attention it receives and the fuel economy (avg 28).

2009 VR-6 Great Deal

HoustonJR, 11/11/2009

Replacing 2002 Passat. Vehicle is much quicker and more fun to drive. Got a great deal on a VR-6 model, paid $29.2K in Houston, TX. Have put 1000 highway miles on it and it's very comfortable. Averaged 28 mpg.

This Car is a Winner!

Bette, 11/10/2009

I drive an average of 800 miles a week and I'm still amazed at its comfort, performance, style, and value. Like driving it more than my BMW 530I...and receive way more compliments. Surprisingly good gas 30-33 highway, 25 avg MPG. Great traction, torque and overall performance. At first glance easy to confuse for the Mercedes CLS.

Very Impressed

Eric Sands, 11/05/2009

I have had mine for about 3 months now. I love the way it drives. Very German. Sporty. Stiff but not jarring at all. Very quiet cabin at highway speeds. Quality craftmanship interior and exterior. I love the simplistic layout of the cockpit. There is just enough to give you the info you need, without cluttering up the dash with useless trinkets and faux finishes. The brushed aluminum is real. No problems so far. I am a little disappointed in the gas mileage. Nowhere near advertised. They stated 27 mpg highway. I do 95% of my driving on the highway and I never hit traffic and I am getting about 23 mpg. That will add up quite a it over the years...

Still going strong

attaymik, 11/10/2009

I've had my CC almost a year and overall, I'm extremely satisfied with my car. I had an issue with the AC compressor and it took about 3 weeks for the dealer to get the part in (from Germany no less), test and repair. I was annoyed by that, but more at the way it was handled by the Dealer. During that spell, I limited the amount of time I drove the car because it was hot and no air! The iPod adpater works great w/my iPhone but has to be constantly plugged/unplugged with my Nano, might be the Nano. Other than that, I've had no other issues. It's fun to drive, gets great gas mileage and I still receive compliment after compliment. I still love my car.

No regrets

tk, 11/21/2009

It is 5 days since I bought a 09 CC and it is official - no buyer's remorse. It is every bit as good as it looks. Drives like a charm, fun to handle and it surrounds u with luxury that is affordable compared to BMW 328(most boring car in this price range) /Audi A4/Accura - they simply do not match the style and finish of this baby. My kids love it and for a change my wife congratulated me on the selection - well that is quite an achievement :)!

Small Design Flaws Looking Rearwards

Joel, 12/08/2009

The only thing that I do not care for about the CC at this point is looking rearwards when it is raining. The angle of the rear window does not allow sufficient water to drain (it stands), and there is no wiper. And the design of the side rearview mirrors also allow water to accumulate. And this is even with using products to improve water run- off.

Yee-hah!

welby, 12/29/2009

I spent a great deal of time shopping and researching before buying this car. I test drove Audis, Infiniti Gs, BMW 3 series, Volvos and others. The CC took the cake. And, in the end, only BMW's 335i felt more muscular. Aesthetically, inside and out the CC seems near perfect; mine is white and, simply put, only a Mercedes CLS looks better. Once you sit in this thing everything else feels cheap and gimmicky. In terms of performance, I love driving this car. It's brawny when you want it to be, but it can double as a comfortable commuter. Edmunds is ho-hum about the V6 4Montion, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The powerful engine and all wheel drive are well worth the extra money.

Bang Bang for the buck

Mark, 12/29/2009

Amazing styling (Mercedes CLS lines) that constantly gets compliments with an interior superior to that of the latest Audi A4. This is the base model with so many options and power I don't know why you would need the upgrade package considering its lofty price tag. Good mileage - week and a half per tank (27 avg. mpg). If this is the future of VW, autobahn driving will have Bavarian Motor Works in their rearview.

My Stellar CC

Charlie, 01/29/2010

I've owned the car for 7 months now, added the gold coast accessories package on a white gold CC VR6 4Motion. I get stopped weekly at gas stations, stores, starbucks etc people asking what kind of car. if you are bored of today's boring designs and average ride quality, just go buy one. this car stands entirely above it's base 26k price.

As Good as it Looks

Brian, 02/09/2010

Car has exceeded expectations, even for a VW buff. Great handling, acceleration along with economy (25-34 mpg). Quality is evident everywhere. Heated seats are 'wonderbar'. Absolutely no flaws to date.

Love at First Sight

falkender, 03/18/2010

Traded in an almost new Camry for my luxury model CC. Just had to have one. Have absolutely no regrets. Fun to drive, beautiful and easy on the gas.

Buy one and you see what I mean.

G. Wilson, 04/05/2010

I have seen and read numerous reviews on the CC. I perchance a 2009 CC Lux., and I have 15K on it so far with no problems. The turbo 4 is all the power needed to motivate this sedan, and the 31 mpg on the freeway is spot on. I would recommend this car to anyone who wish not to see him or herself coming and going ever time you take a drive. This has been one of my best perchance as for as a near Lux. car.

Simply Fabulous and Then Some!

LuLu, 06/16/2010

I purchased my CC in Jan. 2009. I have nothing but great things to say about it other than I do have a few interior rattles. The car is fun to drive and is quick to respond. The seats are ultra comfortable. And the best part...it's a super hot and sporty looking car. The other day I received three compliments within 1 hour! That says it all - way to go VW for creating such a beauty! Oh, I researched cars for over 2 years and nothing wowed me until I discovered the CC.

vw fuel system nightmare

jeff, 01/04/2016
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

it took me 5 minutes talking to VW Cert Tech to realize he was going to throw parts at the problem. Most expensive first. The fuel system is different but not rocket science. i can not have my car going down, and my CC broke that faith twice.

Pretty good (mostly) at 182,000 miles

Dave, 04/29/2016
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Direct Injection will require cleaning the intake valves at around 100,000 due to no fuel to clean the buildup on these valves. Wear on the rear tires has been a problem on these cars. One the original tires was worn on the inside edge (into the cord) at 37,000. The other three all had even wear and 50% of the tread left. The alignment was checked several times and found to be correct. Dealer said this is because of the performance alignment(I don't buy it as only one tire (right rear) wore out. There is lots of talk on the internet about damage to rear suspension during tie down on the delivery trucks. Rotation helps mask the problem, but 75% of the tread wear on the car takes place on the right rear. 12 year rust through warranty. Great mileage (you can get 35 highway easily and 40 if you go 55).

If you are in Canada, don't buy it!

Walv, 05/24/2020
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Very simple, this car is pure rust! I bought used 2009 CC in 2015. There were already signs of rust on both left doors. Went to the dealership and asked if they can fix it by warranty. So they made some photos and surprisingly few days later i got a call that it is approved. So they repainted the doors (badly btw, didn't match properly the color), then one month later i found another bad rust next to drivers seat, they fixed it too. Year later, in spring, after i washed the car, i saw that in front of the hood the paint just peeled off, next wash - more paint peeled off. And it is 7 years old car!!! I saw few other CCs with the same problems in the town where rust is popping up. Maybe this car us good for California but not for cold Canada. Bye VW - never again.

51050