Used 2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 212 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

STILLLOVE MY BABY CAR
By NANA

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Definitely for a single person. Wish I could have afforded a 4 door

Literally the best sub-compact car available
By Mtn Road

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I use my 2008 Yaris 2dr hatchback 5-speed manual transmission as a runner around town and for road trips. I always calculate my mileage and I get between 37-40 mpg in this car. On the highway it will get 40-42 mpg if I drive conservatively. I bought my Yaris used from a private seller who treated it very well. It has 61k miles. The main reasons I was attracted to this car was the US version with 1.3L uses a timing chain in the engine. I also liked the amazing fuel mileage, the cost of ownership, and the simplicity of the car. The seats are comfortable and there are safety airbags all over inside this car. The controls are easy to use, the stick shift is awesome, the a/c and heat works great. The power windows, door locks, wipers, stereo, all of it works great. One AUX input, and one accessory plug in. Three large storage compartments on the front dash. Roomy backseat, and split rear folding seats and decent cargo room. It also has a spare tire which I like...Some car manufacturers have gone cheap and just give you a canister to stop a leaky tire. I just bought four new tires for it and the Hankook 60k mile tires were around $50 each and are pretty quiet. This is not a BMW or a 4Runner. It's an affordable, sub-compact car that has road noise, and won't give you much power until you get into 3rd gear. Its not going to win any races off the line, but that's not what this car was made for. It is peppy, and fun to drive, especially when it keeps driving past gas stations. My girlfriend complains about it because its not a fancy luxury car, and that makes me love it even more (and like her even less). Some people just don't get what this car is about. I also own a full size Ford pickup and what car do you think I go to for regular driving...the Yaris. THE BAD: No arm rest for driver. No USB port. Road noise. No temperature gauge. Not too many bad things to complain about. ---- If you buy one, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how much it will grow on you. Regarding dealer maintenance, just today I got a text message from my local Toyota dealer informing me its time to probably come in for an oil change and check the tire pressure. Since I bought it the only thing I have ever done is an oil change at the dealer. No other maintenance recommendations were made. I am very pleased with this car, and the Toyota commitment to follow up with owners of the brand. I hope this review helped you.

No Replacement for 2008 Yaris Sedan
By Ricobop

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2008 when gas went way up and commuting to work 60 miles round trip got expensive. I wasn't thrilled I had to get a smaller car, but the kids were older, didn't need car seats, etc. This car was great to drive. I loved the middle tach, and the left hand cup holder. Putting the back seats and front passenger seat down let me haul 15 feet of trim from the local hardware store. I gave it to my daughter when she went to college and bought a 2012 yaris hatchback and after 2 years gave her the hatchback and took my 2008 yaris back. My spouse is 6'4 and could drive it and ride in it with comfort, well nice head room. I had to get a new water pump, new tires and rim (cause my child drove it like a maniac). This car got through 2 kids and drivers ed. Gas - omg the gas mileage was around 38-40 mpg (mostly highway commute) The safety recalls on the airbags were a concern and I was soon to have them replaced. In August 2018 I had a driver rear end me into an SUV at a stop light. The driver airbag worked great. My 2008 red toyota yaris though, had the front end smashed and it was totaled. I LOVED this car.

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED better car then my Mercedes
By Chappy

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have 192,000 trouble free miles on my Yaris and the gas mileage is 51mpg. I put a PC chip in that enhancers the factory chip, and a K&N air filter system, all that with Mobil 1 give me the better gas mileage and gave me 26 more HP. I love my Yaris. It is like a bumble bee on steroids ! I pray it last for ever.......

2008 Yaris
By Todd

2008 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

How many cars can you buy for 4500 dollars and have 174000 miles on and still drive like a new one this vehicle don't have all the frills but what were you expecting of a car that cost 10500 new this car does exactly what it was built for economy driving tons of storage compartments everywhere it is built extremely well runs like a top thanks Toyota for always putting out quality vehicles no matter what the trim level your looking at with Toyota they give you what you want