Used 2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Tundra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Good Value, Great Ride for a Truck!!

pepjrp, 06/07/2007

This truck drives and rides great, much better than most in this category. I use it for light hauling, mostly yardwork and home remodeling supplies. It really fits this need very well. I would not want to tow a very big trailer with the V6 though. Interior is great, good design, fit and finish. Plenty of room for my family of 3.

Love This Old Truck

cddc, 02/01/2014

Edmonds does not show the 2002 Toyota V8 SR5 Access Cab Tundra so I am putting it in with the 4X4 version.

Great Pickup!

I Vernon, 10/03/2006

I got the stripped model 2DR V6, A/C, roll-up windows, no cruise control, approx. $18,500. This is really a fantastic vehicle except for one nagging problem. The front brake rotors consistently become warped from overheating about every 20,000 miles. The so-called fix is to buy new star adjusters for the rear drum brakes. This does not solve the problem, and Toyota refuses to issue a recall notice or assist owners with this problem. They just sell the star adjustors which do not solve the problem. In standing behind their product, Toyota is becoming more like the U.S. auto producers!

Tundra 2 Dr Longbed

shell910, 03/31/2002

I enjoy my Tundra Longbed because it's a basic pickup with no frills with just excellent quality in everything. Toyota' interior design and ergonomics are great. It's a good long distance vehicle also with great pulling potential and long bed capacity.

Not as good as past Toyotas

Nunya, 01/13/2006

I've had 2 Toyotas in the past, and the new ones are living on that reputation. It's still a great truck compared to the other low quality trucks on the market, but still not even close to the same quality as past Toyotas. The 18 MPG really stinks, especially for a V- 6, the cargo light has to be turned off before getting out of the truck to keep from running the batt. down., the seatbelts seem really cheap, the paint seems very thin, and brittle, the cheap plastic tailgate handle broke and costs a fortune to replace. It's still a good truck, but like others here I just expected a heck of a lot more out of Toyota than this. IMHO we keep buying higher $$$ for cheaper quality. Will we learn?