Used 2002 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Tundra
By Limited

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great overall truck reliable and comfortable unless your in the back seat. The motor has ample power but Toyota has improved on that too. You can't go wrong.

Overall great design

The Access doors are hard to access

A Great Truck
By Hadawn

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new in Sept. 2001. It now has 64K and it still runs like it is brand new. I have had very few problems. I would recommend this truck to anyone. I had to have the O2 sensors replaced (recall) and the lower ball joints replaced (recall). The driver's sideview mirror had to be replaced because it rattled (under warranty). The only thing that I've had to pay for is the interior light switch on the driver's side. It was only $100.00. The dealership has always been very helpful and friendly. There are no squeaks or rattles anywhere. This truck was built to last. The engine is very smooth, responsive and quiet. The V8 engine is amazing.

V8 power, very quiet, tight build quality, drives and rides like a car.

better fuel economy, bigger back seat

Love IT!!
By Nick Ramos

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I Love my Tundra and would like to be buried with it. After having this truck I feel really weird going on the highway in other vehicles, b/c of the noise reduction and comfort I've had with my Tundra. Though it chugs gas you really can't buy one of these w/o expecting to pay out.

Body style and color (met. grey) of my Tundra have to be it's fav feat. b/c even when my baby's dirty i get compliments on her.

Have the headlights go out after a certain time limit. I've parked my truck in my small garage and had to exit the passenger side and forgot to open the drivers side door to turn off the headlights, well I need a jumping after that day.

Go anywhere Lexus
By ex-150

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

After owning 4 Ford trucks I finally gave up and went with the Toyota. This is the best truck I have ever owned. To be fair there have been several recalls and service programs but Toyota has fixed every little problem I've had (new front brake calipers and rotors/ new oxy sensors and manifolds/ new seatbelts). Truck tows my boat no problem and is outstanding off -road! It rides like a Lexus on the Interstate and has handled some pretty rough terrain in the mountains.

Engine, exterior design

Larger back seat, move the clock

Wonderful Truck
By Greg

2002 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am very happy with this truck. It rides great, handles good and is very quiet and comfortable. I have a 91 Toyota truck with 191,000 miles on it and that one runs almost perfect. I can't imagine purchasing anything but a Toyota. I am confident this truck will go at least 200K without needing any repairs.

Ride- Power- 4X4 is GREAT !!!

The brakes could have been better and my wheels have corroded some in the New York winters.