Skip to main content

Used 2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A) Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Sienna for Sale
Select your model:

5 out of 5 stars

My Sienna is falling apart

sienna_06, 03/10/2014
updated 09/17/2018
LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Update on Sienna as of 3/10/17 The van's engine still runs strong and I've had no problems with the engine or transmission since purchasing the van new. However, I was told by the dealership that the transmission is now leaking. I am still VERY disappointed with the parts that have been replaced on the van by a Toyota dealership not lasting like I feel they should. Seems I am only getting 1/2 life on the replaced Toyota parts such as the rack-n-pinion, shocks, struts, and axles. The original parts lasted me over 215,000 miles, and these genuine Toyota replacement parts haven't even lasted 90,000 miles. A big disappointment. I've owned my Sienna since it was new. I now have over 300,000 miles on my van. It has given me little problem over the years, but now seems to be falling apart. It's been one thing after another. This includes the interior and exterior parts. So it would appear that the interior's life expectancy is about 10 years when the plastic parts start cracking and breaking, and when the electrical starts to give problems. The tires still wear unevenly and need replacing at about 1/2 life even with regular alignments & tire rotations. I've been happy with the van until it hit the 10 year mark and about 280,000 miles. Was hoping to get 400,000 miles on the van before letting her go. But she won't make it that far.

1 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars

4.38 out of 5 stars

2006 Sienna

Gym Shortz, 07/28/2010
LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've been driving our van for about 4 years now. We got the 8 passenger model to accommodate our family of 4 and if needed another family of 4. That has worked out superb. The only drawback is the lack of armrests in the middle row had we gone with the 7 passenger model. We put aftermarket leather (well worth It) and all weather mats (we bought mfr, but there are other good mats at a better value). The van has a ton of power and I've never felt like I'm driving a van, I like the ride and the 12 cup/bottle holders around the van. Automatic door on passengers side only is nice but not necessary. Maintenance has been minimal LOF and milestones, no issues. Got new tires at 55K miles.

3.13 out of 5 stars

Build Quality questionable

Valerie, 07/19/2010
LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Decent vehicle as far as Minivans are concerned. But build quality is in question. Minor rattles (Dealer said it was normal). My sliding door motor crapped out after 6 months. Then when it was replaced I can hear it straining to close now. In 2008 I drove my cousin's Odyssey for a month and was very very impressed with it. It looked better inside, seemed to have functionality that suited my needs and definitely handled better. My husband actually enjoyed driving a van (he didn't like driving the Sienna) I'll be switching over to the Odyssey if I ever buy a Van again. I won't be buying any more Toyota due to the accelerator issue fiasco. I'm afraid the same issue will hit Siennas.

4.75 out of 5 stars

This is my wife's car

dad, 08/03/2006
LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first new car I have ever purchased, so compared to everything I have ever owned in the past, this is a dream. It has nice styling, LOTS of interior room, second row windows that roll down, LOTS of cupholders, and the "front and center" middle seat in the second row. Handling is superb, but the engine seems underpowered at times. Gas mileage is within the EPA estimates. Driver's seat is comfortable, even without the power controls. It seems that Toyota is very concerned with having the best minivan around, and they have gone out of their way to add little details that will appeal to the type of people to will drive their vehicles.

3.13 out of 5 stars

Expensive to own

cgermain, 03/13/2012
LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 Sienna new and have had many electronic issues. Radio went out within the first week, followed by airbag sensors. The brakes had to be replaced at 30k. I have 93k and have had the tires replaced three times. This van is a great driving vehicle but it is simply too expensive to maintain. Now my AC has gone out for a 2nd time. It was a $1200 bill the first time and I am praying it will be covered for this repair. I will never own another Toyota and my Sienna will be gone soon. Going American all the way from now on.