Used 2006 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Great used purchase
By Brian

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have never bought a used car with this many miles, it had 98,000 when I bought it 4+ years ago, now have 156,000. I swear by using a Carfax report and bought this with only 1 owner, no accidents and from the dealer where it was originally bought (they also had all the service done there) . Because I bought used with high miles I decided to purchase a 3 year/36,000 warranty to help me to not have 'buyer's remorse' if something big happened. It never did use it though. I have had some mechanical issues, such as the back door latch broke and was about $400 to fix. Had to do regular maintainence, replace tires, brakes,oil changes etc. I figure all cars need this and if you can avoid huge repair bills then buying used makes sense financially. When a new limited model is over 60k and I paid 23k for it with every option offered, I am very happy with it and feel it will go to 250k miles easily and from what dealer repair shop tells me they see that number on this car. No regrets.

Good overall SUV, some flaws
By b42346

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall good SUV.
We bought it brand new in fall of 2005. But, we actually liked our 2 previous Chevy Suburbans WAY more. We got the Limited Sequoia with DVD. The 3rd row seat is actually comfortable for adults. In just 6 years, we have put approx. 130,000 miles. The gas mileage is horrible. I get 15 combined. Next cars will be a Suburban or Audi Q7 diesel for the fuel economy. Also, acceleration left something to be desired.

DVD, interior design, 3rd row seat, 4WD

Interior quality, acceleration, gas mileage, annoying engine squeak

Comfortable Road Trips
By nt

2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

For a family of four this SUV takes us where we want without any bad experiences on the road. From our Chicago home to the mountain roads of Mt.Rushmore or to the Niagara Falls, two trips to New York, occasional camping trips this truck just keeps on going. I just had two repairs since I own this sequoia; one for the rear passenger ac climate control and the rear window wiper motor replaced.

The comfortable 3rd row seats come handy when I had to drive/tour visiting friends around Chicago.

less plastic materials

What happened to Toyota?
By Mom of Two

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Previous happy Toyota owner. I have had nothing but problems - electrical problems with this SUV since I got it. Toyota seems to not care. I tried arbitration with no luck. My car at 2 yrs old spent ONE month at the dealer maintenance only to have more electrical problems. I cannot let it idle without it wanting to stall - such a bummer when stuck in traffic!! At the time of arbitration Toyota claimed that the car is working at that instant so there is no issue, they will continue to fix problems that arise. That is not product reliability to me. I think I got stuck with the lemon.

I do like the design of the vehicle. I enjoy driving it.

Build a $48,000 car that doesn't break down. I hate having to get towed with two children along for the ride!

The Swiss Army Knive of SUV's
By Dan in Texas

2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second Sequoia I have owned, and I could not be more pleased. My first one had 135,000 miles on it, looked and drove like new when traded. I now have 75,000 miles on the 2006, and have NEVER had a service call for any reason. I am meticulous about care and maintenance, but zero issues in 200,000 miles says it all. This one has the captains chairs in the back and DVD, which are the ultimate peacemaker on long trips. Elegant enough for two couples out on the town, yet yank the seats and its a Home Depot special. Have I mentioned I love this thing?

Unbelievable versatility, exceptional reliability.

A hybrid version would be nice, but only if it gets substantially better mileage. (GM's hybrid SUV's are a joke -- incredible complexity and expense for only a 4 MPG improvement). Toyota, can you do it better? If so, sign me up!