Used 2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

Used RAV4 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

a real lemon

oldtoyotausser, 11/03/2014
LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Rav 4 has had 25 recalls, which should say it all. I have had to replace both front and rear brakes at only 50k miles. The sensors went at 25k. The battery died at 49k. The front end is so far out of alignment that I must replace tires every 16000 miles or drive on badly, unevenly worn tires. I have had the car to 3 different alignment shops which verify the car is badly out of alignment. This is an unfixable problem. Unfortunately it still falls within Toyota's specs. I guess it is easier to change specs than admit this problem should also have been recalled. I have also had repeated computer problems. I feel that this car is unsafe to drive and a money pit.

Not the quality I expect from a Toyota

Aaron, 07/26/2018
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It seems that Toyota has determined that, like American car manufacturers, customer satisfaction is not as important as making every single penny they can from each customer. Example: after 4 years, the stereo system in our 2014 Rav4 has stopped working and is in a constant rebooting loop. There have been numerous reports of this online and the only solution (according to Toyota) is to purchase a new radio from them. Ridiculous! Toyota has dishonored their family name and is a disgrace to the Japanese people - shame on them!

Very Bad Rear Suspention

Kiran, 09/30/2016
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The ride is very rough , I can feel every single bump on the road. Now I have 32000 on it and dealer was never able to find the suspension issues. Also car seats vibrate because of bad suspension. Car looks great inside and outside, but when driving in city I feel like someone is trying to shaking me from behind. Checked with both dealer and individual mechanic both said the car is designed in such way.

Okay

Sharon, 05/19/2017

Meh

2014 RAV 4-XLE-FWD Gas Milage Terrible!

terryljam3, 11/22/2014
XLE 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a new RAV 4 in April of this year. My 2014 RAV 4 was the XLE with front wheel drive only which was rated for 24 city and 31 hwy mpg. I have over 5000 miles on it and have taken multiple highway trips and driven it to work locally each day. No mater what driving condition, I have only achieved 24 mpg. I tried different gas octanes and no difference. My Mazda's always achieved there rated mileage so the idea of my driving habits have nothing to do with it. This car is a lemon and the dealer will not even talk to me about it. I cannot promote this car that does not do what it was advertised to do. Two years later and the gas mileage still sucks! No improvement. Update-2017: I traded this gas sucking RAV-4 and got a nice Honda CRV that gets 35 mpg as advertised. On the RAV-4, the Berglund Toyota dealer in Lynchburg VA and Toyota HQ refused to back their advertising and did nothing but try to blame it on my driving! I will never buy or rent any Toyota product until I'm dead and will not drive one in heaven because all Toyota cars and dealers will be in hell!

12345...9