Used 2014 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

Used RAV4 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

Very Bad Rear Suspention

Kiran, 09/30/2016
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The ride is very rough , I can feel every single bump on the road. Now I have 32000 on it and dealer was never able to find the suspension issues. Also car seats vibrate because of bad suspension. Car looks great inside and outside, but when driving in city I feel like someone is trying to shaking me from behind. Checked with both dealer and individual mechanic both said the car is designed in such way.

a real lemon

oldtoyotausser, 11/03/2014
LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Rav 4 has had 25 recalls, which should say it all. I have had to replace both front and rear brakes at only 50k miles. The sensors went at 25k. The battery died at 49k. The front end is so far out of alignment that I must replace tires every 16000 miles or drive on badly, unevenly worn tires. I have had the car to 3 different alignment shops which verify the car is badly out of alignment. This is an unfixable problem. Unfortunately it still falls within Toyota's specs. I guess it is easier to change specs than admit this problem should also have been recalled. I have also had repeated computer problems. I feel that this car is unsafe to drive and a money pit.

5 out of 5 stars

Happiest I've ever been with a car!

Phil C, 04/27/2016
LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My 2014 RAV4 is the best car I've ever owned. It gives me everything I want from a vehicle of this class. At 51,000 mi the car is still A-1.

Incredibly Reliable Vehicle

JShoup, 08/17/2018
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

When you buy a Toyota, you expect to have it fo 200,000 miles or more, and this is well on it’s way there. Zero major repair issues (knock on wood), strong highway mileage of 30MPG, and a great riding position make this the favorite SUV ever. We’ve had a Highlander, which was also outstanding, but the RAV4 is a little bit less and and a little bit easier. Easier to park, easier on the wallet. I would buy another one tomorrow. About three years into owning the RAV4, the only issues we’ve had are a mis-signaling tire pressure warning (minor), and the failure of the radio system (annoying!). Apparently, the radio issue is something that’s well known in the Toyota owner message boards. Replaced it with one from an electronics store for $250, and it’s better and more current than what came with the car.

Electrical Issues between Year 4 and 5

C Seymore, 02/10/2019
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

At about the 4.5 year mark, my radio/navigation console went out with a constant loading screen that changes in brightness sporadically. Not only is it a distraction while driving, but I was told by the dealer the repair would cost $1600 since the general warranty coverage was over past the 3rd year. My USB port is also not working. I bought the car new and this is very upsetting. You expect reliability with Toyota and I am shocked to have issues like these so early on. While searching the internet to solve this electrical issue, I found that this is very common of the 2014 Rav4 at the 4th year.

12345...9