2017 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Overrated! A half-running Go Kart would be better!
By Angry Toyota Buyer

2017 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE Eco 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Toyota and I have always wanted one due to how highly everyone talks of them. But this is by far, the WORST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. Imagine riding in a horse and carriage at 50 mph; that would probably be an equivalent to driving the 2017 Corolla. By far my biggest complaint is the car shaking from 20 - 25 mph. After getting all my suspension parts and tires checked, I was told by a Toyota technician "Yah, that is what those cars do". Does not seem right to me. Toyota seems to have a reputation for denying stuff. Car is terribly loud, mpg is not that great, and the CVT sucks!!!!!!! The car cannot accelerate nor take a hill. When the cvt sends the motor at 4,000 + rpm's, you will here what sounds to be a shaking bucket of rocks. That will be the "reliable" 1.8 unrefined motor that Toyota must have mounted to the frame with cardboard brackets, considering how much the motor shakes. Interior parts are rattling everywhere, everyday it is a new sound. I know it is an economy car and I cannot expect it to drive like a BMW or Lexus or something, but I have been in much older and cheaper cars that were better built than this one. Either Toyota quality has declined because they are relying off reputation, or it was never there and it just became taboo to talk down on a Toyota. Either way, this is the most overrated POS on the road and I now need a chiropractor and I am suffering from hearing loss.

Sadly disappointed
By JE

2017 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I will echo another reviewer...I am short, and the outward visibility of this car is terrible. This is my 6th Corolla and probably my last.

Worst Corolla Toyota ever made!
By Birgit Sachse

2017 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My family and I have been longtime Toyota lovers. From camrys and corollas to RAV4 and Tacoma’s, always swore by the brand. Toyota killed the Corolla this time with that awful , dangerous CVT transmission. I made the mistake of not test driving before buying when I bought the Corolla. Never again will I buy a Corolla unless Toyota goes back to the old transmission. When you look around for a 2017 Toyota Corolla you can find them by the dozens at used car lots. The car is a real stinker! I couldn’t give this car away the resale value is terrible. Everyone knows this car is terrible. My husband and I decided to look at Hyundai and bought the 2018 Elantra SE and it’s like night and day. The Hyundai is quiet and accelerates when you need to pass someone. Oh, and the car was a lot cheaper! It’s really sad, but Toyota is slipping with their quality! The 2017 Corolla needs to be recalled and they need to pay to change out the transmission. This car is dangerous with that slow acceleration!

Love it
By Je

2017 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

It’s a great car I love it, took a cross country

Car I use to love I hate now!
By beb83ster@gmail.com

2017 Toyota Corolla Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my 1999 Toyota Corolla and still crying. Since I had my 2017 Toyota Corolla been in severe pain. Car runs great and overall I love how the car drives and all it features. The problem I have with this car is the brake/drive pedals. Since purchasing this car my ankle has not stopped hurting and have a bruise on my right ankle from driving. Have tried to adjust sit, put a pillow in, wasted about $500 getting orthopedics for my tennis shoes. Bought new tennis shoes and my ankle felt great for about two weeks. Once the new tennis shoes got broken in, the pain came back. I don't know what else I can do. I signed the contract and can't get out of it. Had the car now for almost 9 months now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.