Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 444 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

This car is a little workhorse!
By Gail J.

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used, and it was ten years old and low mileage. I don't drive much usually, but have taken it on a couple of long trips. The suspension is a little rough, and it has some rattles. But I've had almost no repairs, and it's now fifteen years old. The design is pretty plain, nothing special. However, everything works. It's a practical choice, even though it was a little pricey for a ten year old economy car. The interior was the upgraded version for that time. No navigation or bluetooth.

Great, reliable little car
By Kelly B

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We've owned this car since 2003 and it has been wonderful. Gave to my son when he started driving and it certainly has taken a beating and kept on ticking!

Small things matter!!!
By Bosmat

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car runs well, but there are a few things I hate about it and would be a deal killer if I had it to do over again. First off, the heat sux!!! (yes thermostat has been changed, and core flushed, etc etc). The heater is simply inadequately sized and this is VERY IMPORTANT if you live in a cold climate! Basically if temperature is below the 30s, it takes a good hour to be warm enough, and then I'm at my destination. Anything in the 20s or lower and the heat is not even close to adequate- and foot area never gets enough heat. Ironically, my car has the "heavy duty" heater. I'd hate to see standard heater. Secondly the car is LOUD, and I mean L-O-U-D! It picks up more road noise than any car I've ever been in and I've been driving for 30 years. I don't think this car has any sound deadening material at all, if anything it has sound amplifying equipment. Third the car doesn't have the sun band at top of the windshield. This is the dark blue stripe that should run across the top of the windshield. If you drive into the sun, this really stinks. I can't drive with the sun visor down all the time because then I can't see traffic signals. On the plus side the gas mileage is good and I think the car will be reliable. Had I realized how bad road noise and shitty heater is, NO WAY would I have bought this car!

I love this car
By Car owner

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely would recommend to anyone

Absolute peace of mind
By Lincoln Weber

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car was given to me at 60,000 miles by my grandmother. I was young, did not know the value of having a car. This car survived the most rigorous trials a immature teen could put it through. Never failed through the abuse. Only thing that I can say I did correctly was change the oil at every 3-4K miles. I am now a more responsible, loyal owner to my Corolla with 110K miles on it now. It still runs like new. I will preach the value of this car to any and everybody. You simply cannot beat the craftsmanship that was invested in this vehicle. I love this car, and will drive it for a million miles!