Used 2000 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

Used Camry for Sale
Select your model:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

Great Car!

suzie, 12/14/2009
LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Camry new and it now has 110,000 miles and is still driving great! I do all the routine maintenance on it, regular oil changes, had the timing belt changed before it went out... as precaution. This particular Camry must have been well built. The only trouble I had was the battery went dead and I had to replace it. I'm looking for a new vehicle but can't hardly bring myself to buy one! I won't get rid of my Camry no matter if I buy a new car!

250,000 miles and going strong

Lauren, 04/04/2017
CE 4dr Sedan

Great reliable car! I have had this car for 17 years and it has had minimal problems, besides the normal wear and tear. Cheap to maintain, but must be kept up to get a fantastic lifespan. The power is not the best, but if you are buying a Toyota sedan you are buying for durability not power. Only problem arising is that I am starting to smell a burnt oil smell. Overall, a great first car with a lot of storage!

So far so good

Greaseman, 06/15/2010
XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I've only had this car about a year and a half. So far this car has been great. Only have had one problem which was that I needed to replace the starter at 106,000 miles. The dealer wanted $307 for a new starter. I found a new Bosch starter for $125. I love the V6 engine. It's very quiet and smooth and is a very good highway cruiser. The premium sound system is top notch. My mechanic told me I made a good choice and in his opinion the Camry is one of the best cars built today for the money. Gas millage is what is advertised as long as you don't get into the throttle. Got 27.2 mpg on a trip to Vegas. The large gas tank gives a good range between fill ups.

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Owned

topspin456, 04/07/2015
LE 4dr Sedan

I got my Camry when it had 90,000 miles on it and have put 70,000 miles on it in the past 4 years. During this time I have had no expensive issues. I just got new tires last summer and will likely need to replace the brakes soon for the first time. About 5,000 miles ago the driver's side door handle came off, which I guess is pretty common with this year of Camry. It's a pretty simple fix that you can look up on youtube though. My dad had a 95 Camry that he traded in at 290,000 miles and when he drove his new Impala off the lot he missed the smooth ride of his Camry. Toyota's are just well made. #1 in reliability in my opinion.

Satisfied Camry Owner

California Camry, 08/29/2010
XLE V6 4dr Sedan

A couple of years ago I used Edmunds in the process of selecting a used vehicle. I was impressed by the favorable remarks of countless Camry owners. Subsequently, I purchased a well maintained 2000 V6 XLE with about 90K on it. I have been very satisfied with this car. Rides nice, plenty of power with the V6 which I recommend to anyone who needs the extra power for highway merging and traveling up steep highway grades. Getting about 27 MPG highway with the A/C on. No problems inside or out. Recently had the routine 90-100k maintenance performed. Prospective owners should not skip this. Not a luxury or performance auto, but dollar for dollar the most reliable and practical sedan so far.

12345...31