Used 1998 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

ready for a new one
By needanewone

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

I LOVED my Camry when I bought it, but now I HATE it. The drivers side door handle has broken off twice, the drivers window does not like to roll up once it goes down, and the clear coat has chipped off of the hood. The only good thing about this car which I guess is the part that matters the most is that I have not had any mechanical issues. I have only had to do scheduled maintenance work. With 220,000 miles, I guess I can't complain too much about that.

sunroof

better quality door handles, bigger trunk

220K miles and still going
By vdave

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

220k miles and still going....amazing car. Only thing I have done is regular maintenance. Want to buy a new car but cannot justify it given that this one is in such a great condition.

Reliability.

None.

Top Notch
By Susie

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Vehicle was inherited from a family member in 2005 with about 35,000 miles on it then. It has performed extremely well and have put another 36500 on since then. The Camry is used mostly for driving within a 45 mile radius but has been driven on several 4000 mile trips over the last couple of years. It is not garaged since it is a third car, but the finish still looks good. Had to replace the catalytic converter a few months ago and the driver's window sometimes has a problem staying on track. Interior is flawless. Other than that nothing but normal maintenance.

Gas mileage 26 city 34 hwy, large trunk, comfortable to drive.

Nada.

High School Car
By Monkeywrencher

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

As a college student I find this to be a perfect car. I have had this car for several years and have only had minor issues with it. One complaint is the windows! Back passenger side window will not roll up or down..currently held in place with clear duct tape. Drivers window will not roll up unless you wait 5 min to gain 1 inch of window. Other than that I have never had any engine problems and love my car! So much better than my old Chevy Blazer 1994!

Color, Rising Seats (I'm short), Sun roof, V6, High HWY and City miles, large trunk size.

Better parts for the windows, clear coat on trunk peeling off fast!

Value-ablility
By bman

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Just at 173K and this car has been as reliable as could be. Other than actual scheduled maintenance, we have little or no "other" stuff to do to this car. I wish I would have put leather into the car. I did put a XM radio and upgrade the music system at 130K and it's well worth it. My 18 y/o son wants this car and we think it could go another 100K or better.

Sun roof, handling, quiet, dependability, comfort both front and back, large trunk and great visibility. Fuel economy on hwy is btwn 33 and 34 and around town even during the worst of times is 24. Does what it is supposed to do. Big buy!!

make it sexier ('07 did that)