Used 2011 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Love the 2011 Avalon
By Dustin Chase

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the car new from a dealership primarily because it was rated one of the quietest sedans on the market. I drive averaged 55 miles per day 90% on the highway above 70 mph. I truly enjoy the quiet. Reliability has been great. The car (now 7 years old) has 131,000 miles on it. I'm an aggressive driver and have replaced the tires 4 times. Other than regular oil changes I have not had to do ANY repairs to the vehicle. I consider it to be in very good condition and I would not hesitate to take it on a 1000 mile drive. There is a small wear spot on the drivers side leather seat. Other than that the leather interior looks like new. I like the instrumentation layout. The seats are very comfortable, it get's about 19 mpg overall. It will get about 27 mpg on the highway with plenty of power to pass when needed. The only thing I didn't like about the vehicle is there a beepers that ding, beep and sound and after driving it for 7 years, I still don't know what some of them are trying to tell me, particularly when I park the car and start to get out. Most of the time some chime or beep is going off and I don't know why.

A is for Avalon
By A. Luckey

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. I traded it in however, because I needed to transport my pets and needed a vehicle that would accommodate their carriers. I also did not care for the color (green). The power was there and it was easy to drive. I loved it.

Frankie Avalon
By Mel

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

City gas mileage isn't tremendous, but I've found that the highway mileage is consistently close to 30 MPG. Overall, it's a nice upscale sedan that's comfortable and pleasant to drive.

Sun, Rain, and lockout
By David Munn

2011 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The rear power sun shade quit requiring the removal of the fuse. Dealer told me the repair costs would be prohibitive. The power roof drains have become clogged several times with one occurrence causing the electrical system to go haywire. I have the roof drains checked every 5,000 miles. The power locks quit on three doors. The original dealer tried to tell me that all three locks simultaneously which I calculated the probability of that happening at a trillion to one. The other dealer in the area repaired the problem after three tries.

Best car I owned
By Rich Gerenza

2011 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Best car ever owned