Skip to main content

Used Avalon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...39

5 out of 5 stars

People are complaining about reliability?

Darrenct83, 06/10/2016
updated 12/14/2016
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As an auto repair shop owner I'm blown away about the negative reliability reviews. I saw one two star review because of an oil leak on a 9 year old toyota with 97,000 miles! What kind of bubble do people live in where this is considered unreliable? All cars have what we call "pattern failures" specific to certain makes and models. ALL CARS have pattern failures. All cars need repair periodically. As a luxury type car repairs will be more expensive. If you only need one or two repairs every 100,000 miles then you are operating a very well built machine. If you dont beleive then buy a Chrysler next time so you can see what frequent repairs are really like. On a lighter note, the Avalon is great. I have driven most makes and models in my line of work, and you will have a hard time matching this much comfort and quality for the price of the Avalon.

5 out of 5 stars

Large sedan, fast and reliable! Excellent MPG!

Cole, 08/26/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 20 years old and this is my 12th car (i'm an addict). No my parents dont give me ANY money. Anyway! I was lucky enough to score one of these for a few thousand cheaper than its value. And so far, its been excellent! I got the limited model loaded with everything. White exterior with tan interior. I did notice while doing an oil change it takes quite a bit of oil, 6.4 quarts to be exact! Mileage for this massive sedan I'm able to get average 32-33.5 on the highway going 72. That is unheard-of for its size! I've gotten up to 400 out of a tank with city AND highway driving, and to fill up only costs about $35, about 14.5 gallons, (even though it has an 18.5 gallon tank)! I've put in pioneers latest avic-7000nex navigation touchscreen stereo and it fit perfect, all functions still work! The only problem i've had was engine code p0441 and p0455, if you get these codes replace the fuel cap and that should fix it! (It will also turn on VSC and I think ABS light. There is a problem on 05-12 (dont quote me) avalons where the fuel cap wears out. I paid 6,700 and it only has 108k miles and its in excellent shape! It shifts buttery smooth and the amount of power it has (280hp) will compete with any other (ricer) or sedan out there. I love the smart-key feature. I would buy again.

4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

Cracks in Dash

tacojoe1, 01/05/2013
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed in the dash on my 2006 Avalon. It has started to have hairline cracks everywhere. The car has 68000 miles and has always been garage kept. I went on the internet and found that many people have had the same problem. Toyota refuses to acknowledge the defect. I think that people should be made aware that this happens.

Large Luxury, Great Value, Good Mileage

Mark Eaton, 11/21/2006
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in love with the styling and felt the looks & price made the Avalon a better value than the Lexus. Same classic looks, luxury features, great gas mileage at $15-20k less. Love the car. This car (so far...) is worth every penny.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Broken Front Coil Spring

sonnyjames, 04/21/2013
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Avalon hit a small dip in the road and the right front coil spring snapped (thankfully at the very bottom) . I removed the broken part and was disappointed to find out it is a very light weight spring and looks like & feels like it was made out of pot metal. And my Platinum Extended Warranty (that I never used and cost me an extra 1K) is over the time limit. Car has 94K and we bought it new. As far as Toyota Service goes they have been a disappointment , they try and get a person to have expensive un-needed work done on their vehicles . I will call Toyota in the A:M and plead my case. Anyone else have this happen? if not beware these coil springs are junk.

12345...39