Used 2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

New to me 4Runner Limited
By TR

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this used with 175,000 on the odometer with confidence. I have a 2000 4runner SR5 4wd with 328,000 in the driveway and a 2016 Avalon I bought last fall with 50,000 miles on it. After 5,000 miles this truck does not disappoint. Lots of luxury appointments for the model year, AWD which I really like over the 4WD and still looks good after 12 years. I have had this out on the Outer Banks already and does well in the sand, had plenty of room for the family and has ice friggin' cold A/C. Paid less than 10k and I'll put at least 150,000 miles on it. ONLY complaint is the lack of USB ports.

Best car I ever owned.
By Edwatd

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The best car I ever owned.

2006 Toyota SR-5 V-8 is by far the best car
By Ruthless Goat

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Buy a Toyota 4Runner with total confidence. This 4R has been totally awesome. I have not had one single unscheduled repair. I have changed the oil and replaced the battery and tires as needed. In May of 2015 I replaced the timing belt, water pump, struts, brakes, rotors and spark plugs. I have the big V-8, but get a consistent 22.0 mpg city/highway. This car is roomy, comfortable and is an outstanding travel car. I cannot think of one single negative thing to say about this 2006 4R-SR5. Every day I see tons of these models on the road, in spite of this car being 12 years old. No one want to get rid of this model, and why should they? I salute Toyota for a job well done on this one.

11 years in and still a great truck!
By falcs2001@netzero.net

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 2006 in fall of 2008 with 29K on it. I've added 130K since and it has been fantastic! Oil, gas, brakes, battery and fluids is all I've ever had to do. I worried that I should have sprung for the V8, but I cannot think of any time I've driven it where I felt it was under-powered. I tow a boat with it every weekend and it acts like it isn't even there. The only problem I ever had with it is in early 2016 the rear window defroster shorted out and caused the rear glass to shatter. Cost about $500 to fix it. BUT - In March of 2017, Toyota sent me a letter saying they'd heard reports of this and even though my car was almost 130K miles beyond warranty, they were willing to reimburse me for the repair!! Name me ANY other company that would do that?? I'd love to get a new 4Runner, but I am not a fan of the boxy head and tail lamps they've had since 2010. C'mon Toyota, do another refresh and get those lamps flush again and I'll buy one!

great starter
By hblakeney85

2006 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 4runner. excellent car. hate to see her go