Used 2002 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Bad motor
By dee

2002 Suzuki Aerio GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is our second one. I bought it as a back up. We loved this car in the beginning. we bought it used. it was well taken care of, sense my teenager was driven it and she loved it and she wrecked the first. I tried to make sure i kept this one in good shape. I made sure it was in for servicing checks every 6 weeks. She wanted it to last but it didn't--not even with great care. All of a sudden the timing went on it. plus $600 more for other parts--Because my daughter loved it so much..i had to pay to have it fixed. -It was expensive. Then 48 hours after my daughter gets it back it gets low oil pressure light, it had to be towed -another big expense on it. Four different places- say the engine is done, they think the engine seized. I was told by 3 out of the 4 places that no engine is available within 900 miles and the engine that is 900 miles away has a blown head gasket. I'm upset---The inside of my daughters car is like brand new, the cars body is also like brand new, paint is in perfect condition. I invested on a brand new paint job the month before. The car now sits in our garage and my credit card is full of the expense.

I luv this car!!!
By Janice Henry

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Suzuki Aerio 2002 GS
By blubaustin

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Pretty cheap car to buy bought one for $1400 with
95k miles, currently has 98k miles. Pretty good starter car if you can invest the money in it to keep it running. For example: a person who cant consistently pay a car payment ontop of full coverage insurance but can afford to save up money and eventually fix stuff. Car is pretty peppy so I don't know what other people are talking about on the car not having pep. Also seems to get pretty good gas mileage. Hwy it averages about 35mpg city, I haven't really measured.

My favorite features of this car are the 6 disc cd changer, the fold down seats that can be folded down individually. I also like the body style of the car.

I really wish the throttle body problem was fixed so that every 80-90k miles you didn't have to buy a new one for $1400. This should be listed on the edmunds reliabilty problems. The internal wax pellet breaks down and eventually leaks and you have to replace it because it controls the idle, and fuel with the vechile, and cause a coolant leak. I also wish suzuki would've used normal lifters instead of hydralic lifters because at startup there is a slight tick when warming up. Also if you live in a warm climate and have a ping, and higher octane fuel is not helping much get a colder spark plug go from a 5 to a 6 one, that cured my pinging problem. And cats(2) go out at 90k. Body roll =(

Sub-Toyota Quality
By tucsonics

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The quality sucks. I had to have the water pump replaced, engine mounts replaced, right axel replaced, and only have 99k miles. The front spoiler is too low, and got hooked on many curbs. It's trashed and costs $800 to replace. Not worth it. Poor paint job, scratches off easy to reveal black primer on bumpers.

The main feature is huge interior room in rear with seats folded.Good gas milage, comfortable ride.

Stop making it.

Great Car!
By Curtis

2002 Suzuki Aerio GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car 2 years ago with 45,000 miles on it. I have been in 2 accidents with it and it still runs great. It has 94,000 and I've never had a problem with it besides now-a-days it doesn't want to shift right away when I get above 50 mph and my radio has a short. Other than that it is a good starter car. I am looking to get rid of it thought because I want a SUV.

The digital dash, the space inside the car is incredible and good gas mileage

Put cruise control in it, keyless entry, and maybe a sunroof in them would be nice!