Used 2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

3K in repairs by age 4-1/2
By Andrea King

2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I took the car for service at 4.5 years (warranty was to 4.0 years) because A/C didn't work. Car had 37K miles on it. Dealer told me I needed compressor for A/C and new brakes front and rear. Total bill was $3200. I live in the snow belt and don't use the A/C much. A 4.5-yr-old A/C shouldn't need such an expensive repair. As to brakes, I had NO PROBLEM with the brakes. Dealer said the linings were very thin, but other dealer 2 months earlier said linings were very good. I'm a careful driver, don't slam on brakes etc., and had driven less than 1000 miles between the two dealer visits. My dealer said brakes were so bad you had to slam your foot on the brakes to stop the car. That's entirely untrue. I've been driving for 60 years and I can tell when my brakes need work. So dealer lied to me re brakes and A/C failed way too soon. I just traded the car in on another brand and will never buy from Subaru again.

Subi, Subi, Subi
By Darrell

2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the first Subaru I've owned and I am quite pleased with it. Fuel economy is great - especially for an all wheel drive vehicle! As my son said as we were going around a corner at speed, "you can't tell that you are going around a corner!" He was speaking of the car body not leaning. I don't weigh a lot so the seats are a little hard on my less than padded posterior but acceptable none the less. I haven't had do have any repairs done but I've only put 16,000 miles on it. Exiting the back seat is a little difficult if you have long legs (adult).

A great buzz around car!
By Lisa Marie

2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A great buzz around car! I’ve owned this car for 2 1/2 years. It’s zippy enough and has lots of room for schlepping groceries and items for my business. I sold it because I wanted something more luxurious. Now that I have my luxurious car I do miss the agility and practicality of my Impreza hatchback.

10 Months of Regret
By unsatisfied customer

2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

When I initially purchased this car I think I wanted to like it more than I actually have. After having this car for 10 months I'm baffled at how it got so may glowing "professional" reviews. For starters the steering on this car is just plain sloppy at higher speeds making lane control more difficult than it should be. It also gets tossed around like crazy if it's windy. Keeping this car under control on the freeway is a constant chore. The car also lets in a ton of outside noise especially at high speeds making a freeway drive even more miserable; as a whole the car feels like it has little to no insulation. Fuel economy is bad for how little power the engine delivers. The interior or the car gives a good first impression, but the longer you spend time in it the more you notice most of the door is cheap hard plastic that easily gets dinged and has zero durability, you discover a complete lack of usable storage, and a cargo/hatch area that is so narrow it's virtually useless. Part of the reason I got this car is everyone said "Asian cars are more reliable than American cars"... well that's a lie considering the HVAC fan and both front wheel bearings have needed to be replaced since I got the car (had 26k when I bought it, has 34k 10 months later). I've also had to deal with the wipers glitching out; they get stuck in the up position making me have to turn them off then back on to reset them, on two occasions the remote/electric lock system refused to unlock the car (lock light on dash was flashes like a strobe light) forcing me to use the key to unlock the door. The only redeeming qualities I can think of is that the car is very effective in snow and has great messy weather "traction" and the heated seats are comfortable. If I'm being frank, the 16 year old Grand Am I had before this had much better steering, had similar fuel economy but more power and was quieter.

makes me feel like Im racing-
By Linda Alvarez

2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I m a senior and I just love the way it excel -orates quickly. I want to buy the same car again just a newer model.