Used 2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

LOVE MY WIFE. REALLY LOVE MY RAM!
By Frank King

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6A)

My truck is a work truck. I have a cushy car and this is not it. This takes things to the dump, takes me where I need to go and most importantly takes my travel trailer wherever I want to wake up the next day! My first work truck was a 1969 Dodge (yes I am that old) and they have only improved. The ride of these trucks is like no other truck! The coil springs make all the difference. I have a smaller V8 (4.7) as that is what I found when I was looking for a truck. I bought mine with 25000 miles on it. I have a friend with a 2007 with 225,000 on his and and I don't see any reason not to do that with this one.... if I live that long. Everything just works. It all fits together like it was meant to be one whole vehicle and not a box of parts. This thing is SOLID and really good looking too. They can be had used for a good price. I paid $15k for mine, with the towing package. What's not to like!

Like it but...
By tylerg4

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck in October (I live in maine),
I think the truck is good but I really do use it as a family truck and a work truck. It's is the best family truck but let's see what you get when you take it off road. Make sure to see pros and cons.

Power, reliability, on road performance.

Lifted more, REAL AND TRUE 4WD, Cooler rims, louder exaust, and better suspension If you put this to the floor in snow, 3 wheels will spin. It is crazy low in the front. I do suggest this truck to a family but definetly go to a 2500 for a work truck.

2012 Ram 1500 Express
By enriquef

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab R/T 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is pure American muscle. If you like power, reliability, comfort, mad swag, and POWER this is the truck for you. Accelerates like a sports car with the 5.7L Hemi, which means it get to 60+ mph REAL FAST. Purchased new for $18,500 (~$22,500 after tax/reg. and a 7 yr./100K mi. warranty). After 2.5 years and 35,000 mi., it still runs and feels like new. I've taken it cross-county on business with no problems. The exterior design induces countless head-turns on the regular by truck lovers of all types. The interior is spacious. There's plenty of room for attractive shotgun-riders.

(1) Hemi; (2) Voluminous Cab; (3) Handling/Turn Radius; (4) I have a theory that the air conditioner, if removed from the truck and placed into a 1700sq.ft. home, could easily keep the tempurature of said home at a constant 68* on hot, humid, summer day; (5) Quiet Cab.

(1) Placement of the assisting handle located on the doorframe is awkwardly placed. If placed higher along the door frame, it would more effectively serve its purpose. (2) A light switch located on the interior cab light would be convenient.

Ram Hemi Express 1500
By bonham5

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab R/T 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Ram Hemi Express... What a deal!
Purchased my deep cherry red Express during Dodge Truck Month. I wanted a sripped down version but when I spotted this loaded jewel on the lot I took it.
$21,400 out the door!
Best bang and performance for the buck one can find in a new vehicle.
Blistering performance with the very potent Hemi.
Most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned.
Flawless operation in 7 months and 7000 miles since purchase.

Hemi Power! Comfort Visibility Styling Color and paint scheme I love everything about it!

Dodge-Don't change a perfect thing and screw it up. You got it right the first try.

The Ram Express is a winner!
139,400 of 139,400 people found this review helpful
By ramilia2012

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2012 Dodge Ram Express in October of 2012. I fell in love at first sight, or maybe at that point it was lust. Nonetheless, within the first mile of the test drive I was in love. This truck is exceptionally smooth and POWERFULL! It is not a truck, this thing is a
Race Truck! If you like having plenty of power readily accessible you will be well pleased. I have installed an aftermarket intake on my Ram and imagine it has well over 400 horsepower. The ride and overall smoothness of the truck are incredible. People comment on how smooth it is. I would highly recommend the Ram to anyone. I have gotten 19mpg on a trip to and from the mountains in NC.