Used 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman Base Coupe Review
Most helpful consumer reviews
Edmunds Summary Review of the 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman Base Coupe
Pros & Cons
- New turbocharged engines deliver stirring performance while returning improved fuel efficiency numbers
- Porsche's PDK automated transmission is the best in the business
- Sharp handling instills confidence
- It has more cargo space than you'd think
- New four-cylinder engines don't sound as good as their six-cylinder predecessors
- Features that you might expect as standard are often costly options
Full Edmunds Review: 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman Coupe
In the typical Porsche fashion, the 2017 718 Cayman's interior changes are subtle when compared to the previous generation, and that's a good thing. The cabin is smartly designed for ease of use, and the materials used throughout are impeccable. There is an abundance of buttons, but they are logically placed and well labeled.
Anyone who has been in a contemporary Porsche will feel right at home in the new 718 Cayman.
Sport coupes aren't known for convenience, but the 718 Cayman does well in this regard thanks to two separate cargo spaces. Up front, under what would normally be the hood, are 5.3 cubic feet of space. Behind the engine, where you'd expect a trunk, are another 4.4 cubic feet.
Edmunds Insurance Estimator
The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman in Virginia is:$87.67 per month*