Used 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Reviews

Used Intrigue for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

GM's best car to this day!

keeganlee98, 06/07/2015
GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First off, I would like to say this car is just amazing! I have owned the 3.8 and the 3.5 motors and I would have to say, I like the 3.5 a lot more. The 3.5 gives a very quick acceleration and just amazing fuel economy! I normally get around 400-440 miles to one tank of gas! Moving on to the interior, it is a very beautiful designed interior! As most Intrigues go, my dash above my center air vents started to raise at 120,000 miles but thats no big deal. The car has never had any mechanical problems in it's 180k mile life. The only problem I have had is wheel hubs. Wheel hubs are another common thing with the Intrigue, 300 dollars later, all four hubs were replaced..

4.25 out of 5 stars

Great car with bad windows

FOX72, 03/10/2010
GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used in 2008 with 78K on it already. Replaced the tires immediately and it's the smoothest ride I have ever owned. The engine is solid. After a year of use (7 year old car) three out of four windows stopped working. I took the door panels off to check it out and found that the plastic pieces on the window motor had cracked and the cables were getting jammed up in the motor. Now at 110K, the AC just went out. Nice car, may need some repairs to keep it comfortable.

4.13 out of 5 stars

Ultra Reliable

Gord.D, 03/22/2010
GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car now since March 2009 (with only 60,000 miles on it) and have put about 30,000 miles on it in one year. It's my daily driver and it's been very comfortable and super reliable (I've changed the tires and the oil and that's about it). While GM may not have figured out Interior Issues by 2002, they sure figured out the mechanical stuff with this car. An excellent buy Used if you can find a well looked after example.

3 out of 5 stars

Well let's start it off by saying Ehh

Cole, 03/10/2017
GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my intrigue used with 120,000 miles on it! overall great looking car clean inside and out. a month after buying it i have to put 400$ worth of NORMAL MAINTENANCE work into it such as fuel filter tie rod ends and so on. The car seemed to always have this issue with the blinker turning right. I was told that it is a sensor and is around 400$ to replace NO THANKS! Common issue with these cars i am told ill go without! Then my car one day decided to start stalling on me in the middle of intersections and when i was driving normally! it was scary trust me but i didn't do anything about it until one day i went to go start it and it wouldn't at all so i jumped it but every time it would bog out after a few minutes! I got so sick of it i let it sit there all winter without even driving it because i didn't want to deal with it! Anyway i took it to a GM dealership and 500$ later with a cam shift sensor and a new battery the car seems great now! Love how it drives and handles curves and the acceleration is great! I would recommend getting it looked at before you buy and do your research on the car because they can have some costly repairs unfortunately

5 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars

4.75 out of 5 stars

Amazing Vehicle

paulie69, 07/19/2014
GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased an Intrigue in March with approx. 71K miles on it fully loaded including the heated seats, side mirrors, sunroof,leather interior and Bose sound system for $3000. When I purchased it the dash lights stayed on like a Christmas tree but after driving it I had to have it. It now has 80K miles on it and although the lights on the dash are still there it runs like a dream and is very dependable. Nobody seems to know why the lights stay on so it can be fixed but as long as it continues to give me good service I can't complain as it was a lot of car for the money I spent. To bad Oldsmobile is gone as American cars of this quality are so rare.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Excellent Olds!

K. Gilligan, 01/04/2007
GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a loaded up base model in a dealer end of year clearance. It is the best car I've ever had (and I usually buy Mazda, Honda or Toyota). It has the best engine ever. It's smooth, powerful, quiet and yet gets great gas mileage. This car's understated styling still gets curious onlookers. Its beefy Goodyear tires, ABS, a smooth transmission are all excellent. My only gripe is the standard GM penchant for ill fitting dashboard plastics. I have had no squeaks, rattles, or maintenance issues with my Intrigue. It has been completely reliable and has plenty of power. The suspension eats up bumps. The handling is tight, especially for a deceptively large sedan. This car easily outperforms every other car in its size/class for much less money. I wholeheartedly recommend it!

4.75 out of 5 stars

Night Mare !!!!!

rosetat2, 08/16/2012
GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 olds intrigue in 2003 with 4100 miles on it. it has been the best till this year. car now has 114108 miles. I get oil change always. got transmission fluid flushed & power steering fluid flushed & oil changed. had leak in tire fixed cost 499.00. Then my track light, antilock brake light & track light came on also Service eng soon. no ac ,no cruise replace ignition switch assm,replace alternator & fuse assm, replace rf wheel speed sensor harness cost 1478.00. after security light would pop on while i was driving then when i would shut car off then on it would go off. that went on for a while till one day car would not start but when i would keep trying it would start like a

2.5 out of 5 stars

Horrible Car. Don't buy Used.

jlsmith1215, 05/05/2013
GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Check engine, Service Vehicle, and Low Trac lights are on when start car up. Took car to a mechanic and he did a diagnosis check he says I need a new crank shaft senor. But turned around wasted $265.00 on the senor. Windshield wiper motor went out after a yr having it. 3 of the 4 windows work. Sometimes only 2 work. This Car SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! Do Not Buy This Car Used.

3.88 out of 5 stars

A little more than Vanilla

swimmercr, 12/16/2013
GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first car and I am 17. So far, it has been a good car. I have the GX with an optional spoiler. Have had the car for 5 mos. I have had minimal problems with it. All i had to do was change the front left signal light. I have heard some rumors about this car. Some good, some not. It had best in class performance (at the time) and the interior is filled with nice touches and the fun "ninja cup holder". I have 86k miles on mine and got it for free. It was from my grandma when she died. Unfortunately, it has white stripes on the tires -_- So far, good car. It is good at being a little more than a car. I want to plasti-dip the wheels and put a fart can on it. And aftermarket radio & sub

4.88 out of 5 stars

I found the right car at the wrong time

Bill , 05/03/2002
GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Finally I was behind the wheel of a car that felt right in all conditions. The comfort of the seat was great, and the leather heated seat that gave my aching back a real relief after a hard day at work, a real welcome. The handling of this car was great, ABS, Tracion control,and precision control system, is this what made this car handle so nice? The looks, it looked like a dream come true to me. A car that I wish I would have driven for years. Now that I have found MY CAR, General Motors won't make this Oldsmobile name anymore. Darn.

12345...6