Used 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Reviews

Used Intrigue for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

The New ReGeneration of Olds!

The New ReGeneration of OLDS, 04/08/2020
GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a slightly damaged 2002 Intrigue GLS from the Copart auction in St. Louis in November 2016. It has the new for 2002 Tropic Teal color and has been a fantastic performer, and for only $625! It had only 54,622 miles and was "living" close to where it was built at the Fairfax, Kansas City GM plant. All GLS models had the sunroof, dual power seats and two-tone leather interior. I bought both a replacement right front fender and a front right door for $24 apiece. My dealership body shop repaired and repainted everything for $700. Every year I drive a different car to the Highway Earth car show in Beverly Hills and I drove this Intrigue there in 2018. The only problem occurred two months ago when the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. I ran the codes and got the one for the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Easy fix! $96 for the exact AC Delco part from Rock Auto and installed the same day the part arrived. Easily one of the best cars ever built and I sold Oldsmobiles for fifteen years, 1990 to 2004. I plan to buy a 2002 Intrigue GX in the next few days. It has 61,000 miles!

4.63 out of 5 stars

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned

Steve R., 01/15/2010
GLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I leased a 1999 GL and when GM announced the phase out of the Intrigue in 2002 with the end of Olds, we had to buy one while we still could. We got the GLS fully loaded for about $25,000. After 8 years and closing in on 200,000 miles, (not a typo), it is the best car I have ever owned, hands down. Impressive pick up for a car of that size. The 3.5L V6 with regular maintenance is as durable as they come, and still purrs like a kitten. The optional "Precision Control System" gives the car great handling, especially around curves at higher speeds, and the ride comfort is very good for a sportier car. Still getting 24/28 mpg. A great car. Too bad GM couldn't sell more of them.

5 out of 5 stars

Why discontinue the Intrigue?

Bill Hartung, 03/08/2002
GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I test drove the car, I was surprised at the Intrigues's engine responsiveness and smoothness, it's nimble handling, and it's useful space. I have owned many Oldsmobiles and the Intrigue is the best-balanced Oldsmobile that I have driven. The Intrigue handles as well if not better than many compact performance cars. Don't just look at the car. Test drive it! I was surprised. You may be too.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Excellent

Emily B., 06/24/2008
GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it salvaged, and surprisingly the only problem so far is a malfunctioning window. Car has excellent MPG--I once clocked it at 34 hwy--and coasts around town like a dream. Heater can be a little weird; otherwise loaded with good functional features. Accelerates on a dime, quiet, fast.

4.88 out of 5 stars

The Best Car I have owned!

mdc, 06/29/2008
GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is so depressing to know that you cannot replace this car with a newer model. I have been researching to purchase a new car, with lots of disappointments.

12345...11