Used 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews

Used Aurora for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

5 years and MORE in love!

mrbill, 07/02/2008

Bought 5 years ago as low-mileage used vehicle in prime condition, now with 185,000 miles, no leaks, no oil consumption, no regrets. Electronics all work as does air suspension and every other feature. This is my daily driver and the car we take on trips anywhere. Starter required replacement ($$) but that is the only problem this year. The Northstar engine is great, the car is responsive and a powerhouse. With Olds now gone, the wife has moved to Chrysler and I may too when this car finally dies - if it ever does.

7 years on, STILL in love

mrbill, 06/03/2009

Since last review my Aurora has experienced only a loose PCV fitting and HVAC computer failure (replaced with eBay part for $50). Now at 200,000+ miles, the engine is still tight and the transmission is still solid. Paint chips from the Interstate evident. After 15 years of use, the black leather interior is still gorgeous and this car is a true power machine, very fast and still a great looking car. This is the fifth Olds that I have had in my life and it is by far the best. Sorry, GM messed up when it killed the Olds division, but it appears GM has made consistently bad decisions since. GM recently sold the prototype at auction for $16,500 - major disappoint to me that I missed it.

Ignition Coils Bad and Trans

Jeff, 08/07/2009

I actually still do love my Aurora. It only had 98,000 miles on it but my complaint is that the transmission went out and cost 2800 to replace and two out of the four ignition coils died! Other than that it has been pretty good!

Love the Aurora

Sara, 11/04/2009

Well for the last three years I have had an Aurora and I love the way it looks and sounds and the way it makes me feel and my family feels while riding in it. Now I have to Find a parts car to fix some things on it that have never been fixed before,but it is hard considering that I haven't found one that isn't in really bad condition, and that is all it is good for. So you see it is hard to fix the little things on it so it can appciated for a long time to come.

9 years of Aurora Love!

Bill, 07/11/2010

Bought my second '95 Aurora last year after turning 225,000 miles on the first one (still in the family and driven by son), this latest was a low mileage dark cherry metallic. Over the year it has not disappointed! Needs some new shocks but now with 99,000 miles, still rides like a dream and pounds out the acceleration. Only problem, where will I get another when this one fades?

12345...10