Used 2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Best truck for the $$
By Dave

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned this truck for 9 months, I feel it is definitely the best truck I have ever owned (previously GMC, Ford). At the time I purchased Some other trucks may boast a little more HP or more backseat leg room but I am more than satisfied with the power, seldom haul NBA centers in my backseat, and paid about $9000 less than a comparably priced '07 Tundra would sell for. In 8000 miles, I have not had the truck in for any service other than oil changes. It has just been flawless so far.

Good and Bad
By Greg

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my 06' Titan in June 06'. Have had it back to the dealer 6 times for small problems (windows, door handle problems for example). Problems seem to be fixed and love the truck otherwise. Great power, fun to drive and handles my 23 ft. camper so much better than my last Ford truck did. That five speed transmission is fantastic pulling a heavy load. My Ford couldn't do the highway speed limit and sounded like it would blow when it would downshift going up the smallest incline. The Titan's five speed tranny handles the speed and inclines wonderfully and I couldn't be happier. Well, maybe with a few more miles per gallon. E85 fuel economy is brutal in this vehicle.

Engine, Radio, Power Rear Window, Transmission.

Not the best looking truck on the market. Front end needs to be overhauled. Someone said it best in a review before mine when they said it could use a wheel flares and the orange lights on the dash get a little tough at night.

TOW Vehicle
By NYCrcPILOT

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

mileage has been between 19 and 24 mpg on highways, city is low as expected. Very comfortable for long drives. Only 3000 miles on it.

towing ability-pulling a 29 foot trailer

first truck-Very pleased

Great Truck.... Not so Great MPG
By DK

2006 Nissan Titan XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned them all.... so far this is the best truck and one of the best vehicles that I have owned. I traded a Nissan 350Z convertible in (now that my mid-life crisis has passed). It is very roomy and comfortable. I put over 2K miles on it in the first week of ownership. Drove from TN to AL and only averaged 13 mpg. Was expecting about 17 mpg. It may get better with the summer fuel mix and a moderate break in. Easily cruises at 85 mph. Hmmm... did I say that I get poor MPG? I do have the Off Road and Big Tow packages so that accounts for a lower gear ratio which probably hurts MPG a bit. But YOWSA!!!! This thing will move down the road!

Power, smoothness of ride, quiet interior, interior storage compartments, wireless headphone with rear controls for audio. Did I say power?

Maybe a different gear ratio for imporved MPG. Make automatic headlights standard equipment. Add AC outlets (i.e. Toyota) for plugging of laptops, etc.

Overall an excellent truck
By tracktech

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall, I have been very satisfied with my 2006 Majestic Blue Crew Cab 4WD Nissan Titan LE. I have had to bring it back to the dealer for a few things covered under warranty, but nothing major. Also, when installing aftermarket products, there is ABSOLUTELY no room in the engine compartment for anything additional. The cab is unbelievably spacious and comfortable, and the 5.6 Liter 8 is very bold. Sometimes a little too loose in the rear end though. I used to want my first truck to be Ford or Chevy, but after the release of the Titan I couldn't pass it up, and I'm glad I didn't.

5.6 Liter V8, Stock Rockford Audio with a Sub under the driver's seat, Spray on bed liner, Exterior Look, Interior room and comfort.

Allow better access to components under the hood, Mix up the dash backlight color; orange for everything gets to be a little hard on the eyes, raise the running boards about 1/2" to 1" to allow us big framed guys to get under the truck.