Used 2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Excellent
By MATTHEW

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall this has been a great truck. My only complaint is I have never been able to get the highway fuel economy stated on the window sticker. I was never expecting hybrid mileage but it would be nice to at least get what Nissan is claiming. I am one that trades autos very often but am thinking this will be one I will keep for some time.

Ride quality, handling, power, interior ergonomics.

Better fuel economy.

Best crewcab on the market
By Texas Truck

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Ford, Dodge, and Chevrolet and the Nissan Titan is by far the best overall crewcab I have purchased. Great power and acceleration, easily pulls my travel trailer (6500 lbs) and handles well on the highway. The large interior is great for the family on long trips. Only issue is a high-pitched whine from the engine, noticed only after taking the truck to a discount oil change facility, though no problems noticed. Bought it because I liked the look, power, and functionality. Also, I was sick of the pompous jerks at the domestic dealerships who act as if I should be lucky to be in their showroom.

power, acceleration, interior space

Titan is impressive
By donben

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have had the Titan for just over 1 year and am very impressed, no maintenance issues, truck just does what it should. Very comfortable seats good visibility, good dash layout, great engine and transmission combination, although "throaty" exhaust can be a bit tiring sometimes. I tow a boat trailer and a 16' utility trailer and hardly know they are behind except for slower acceleration. Fuel consumption is not great but with the power and the 5400# weight about comparable with others in the class. Some nice little features like the tie downs in the truck bed, the storage pocket behind the left rear wheel, and the rear seat arrangement. I traded off a 04 F-150 and much prefer the Titan

Comfortable seats, (the F-150 had horrible seats), Engine transmission combination is great, visibility is as good as a crew cab can be, sprung tail gate,

SE seat material could be improved, seats are comfortable, appear to wear OK but look to utility. Radio does not work all that great.

2006 Titan
By nortini

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We traded our 2003 Toyota Tundra for the Titan. While the dependability of the Tundra was excellent, the Titan has a more luxurious interior and the ride is much smoother. Not much mileage on the Titan a yet , but no problems to date.

Alot of BANG for the BUCK!!!
By tnjyoung

2006 Nissan Titan XE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought this as a replacement for our 2006 Honda Civic. It has tons (and I mean Tons) of power and it is very fun to drive. The reason for purchase and one of the best features is all the leg room! I am 6' tall and I felt cramped in the civic. This has a great driving position and offers adjustable pedals. Steering wheel audio controls are nice too! The exhaust has a real throaty sound that combines nicely with the rugged design. I would buy another today!

POWER, roomy, exhaust, plush interior (except fabric), commanding feel on road, options.

Fabric change, some sort of console insert so that it is not sooo deep when you don't need it to be.