Used 1994 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Love my Little Red
By OBjr

1994 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

My 94 Sentra E 1.6 5spd manual with 150,000 on her. She will not die. I bought it used 4yrs ago as a second car. She might sit for weeks and still fires on the first crank. I've done the brakes and alternator as well as the clutch cable when I first got her but other than that nothing. It's 2017 and I don't want to let her go. Unfortunately the previous owner was unappreciative of her and she went to rot. You see prior to this one I had a 93' with 180.000 that I bought for $400 and put 60,000 mi on over 6yrs delivering pizza. That too was rotted when I got her. Some paint and bondo and good to go. Sad to say that the frame has seen better days and unless I can get some welding done then it's only a matter if time. It's hard to find these anymore. If you do they are probably automatics and that aint for me.

reliable transportation
By joseph

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 2dr Coupe (1994.5)

Great gas mileage . fun too drive and reliable.

The Car that Won't Die.
By zeroptimus

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This was my first car, back in '05. I was a teenager, and I came with all the neglect and rough riding that teenagers do. With that said, I have abused this car. I have driven it in to ditches, driven without an oil pan plug (25 miles with oil spewing the whole way!), gone almost 2 years with no oil change, and ramped the thing off a hill doing 90mph. The last one flattened the oil pan. And yet, the car put up with my retardation. The worst it has ever needed was new CV joints. Repairs are few and far between, and cheap when you need them. I still have the original engine and tranny, and both are somehow still going. This car will never let you down.

Air conditioning is so powerful, I have to turn it off for a bit even during the summer (with original freon!). Car is the most dependable thing I have ever seen, and I have put it through some paces. Power everything as far as options go, and the steering is sporty and responsive enough to make it a fun driver. Oh, and the mileage. It easily gets in the 35mpg area, which some cars have trouble achieving that today. Parts are cheap and easy to come by, and the car is simple enough that even I can make some small repairs. A great first car and hopefully my last car.

Heater is lackluster. The engine stays cold during the winter months, so bundle up or freeze. The automatic seatbelts could use a bit more dependability. And if you're bigger, the back seat will not be a comfortable fit.

couldn't be happier
By carlovver

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in thinking it would only last me a year, ha, was I wrong. I started with 88k and it currently has 173k and still running strong. My only major repairs were a clutch replacement, front driver wheel bearing, and water pump. Aside from normal maintenance this car will not give up! It is my daily driver (gets around 30mpg on the highway) and if I could buy another one with low miles I would do it in a heartbeat.

Reliability Economical Easy to work on Does not want to give up

none

Great little car!
By hellooonurse

1994 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This older model Sentra has been such a reliable car. I bought it when I was in college at 110k miles on it and drove it the 300 miles back and forth between my hometown and college for 2 years, and at that point it was already 13-14 years old! Does great on the interstate. The only thing I didn't like about it was it doesn't have a lot of "get up n' go" when accelerating and it tends to lose momentum/power when going up hills, especially when there is more than 2 people in the car. Like every car, there's mechanical work to be done. I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump 3x in the 5 years that I have owned it. Nothing else major. Overall, super good, reliable little car. Loved it.