Used 2010 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Great Small Family CrossOver SUV
By lovingmyrogue

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great car!
Looks good and feels good.
I did extensive research before purchasing this car.
The Rav4 and the CRV was also on the top of my list.
But having driven them all, my wife and I feel that the build quality of the Rogue was much better than the others.
The interior of the CR-V and the Rav4 feel very plastic like.

The other major motivation was the warranties.

Gas Mileage is good. Average about 340 Miles after every full fill up with mix freeway/Local driving.

I bought a basic model and hope to replace the stock sound system and maybe a navigation system.

Not Happy
By Matt

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After having this car about a month I could tell something wasn't right. It finally messed up for someone else to notice a month or so later. Took it to the dealership twice and they could not find anything with their computer test. Now I am over 500 miles from home and the check engine light comes on and they lovely computer test says I need a brand new transmission.

I use to like the fact it was a Nissan. This our fourth one and the first one I don't like!

I wish there was a 6 month return police. I really don't want this vehicle any more. I would have given it back after a month or two!

Join Me in A Recall Campaign
By sxz62

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Less than half a year since I bought this car brand new, I found it hard to fill the gas tank and then the "Service" light was on and it was the fuel control valve causing the problem. It was replaced but the problem comes back again. Caroline from this site has had the same problem, and Nissan issued similar recall before. I believe all the OOW owners should get it replaced for free although I am still in warranty.

Gas-mileage

Reduce noises. Better quality control.

Scary start of owning a new car
By fun2driveguy

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S Krom Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Well, the car itself seem to be great, that is until after only 104 miles, I get a check engine light. Yes that right the car has 104 miles on the ticker and we already are experiencing issues. After my "man check" of all fluids etc. I find there is almost no oil in the car. Don't they fill this up at the factory! Either way the nice people at the dealer have taken my new car and I am now stuck w/ versa for the weekend. What a great start. Other than that the awd version is a much smoother driver than the fwd. If you have the choice go awd.

AWD, smooth trans,great bang for the buck, the Krom edition takes away that "soccer mom" factor for those of us that want to feel sporty w/ a side of practical.

i don't know why manufacturers put a storage space for "MP3 players on the left side of a shifter and the input on the right hand side of the radio? also should offer a v6 option for those of us who like sporty look w/ sport power.

By Jimbo

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Hate the r-view mirror, had better mirrors years ago with normal views & could adjust if lights behind you were a problem. Mirror gets too dark with the auto-dim thing which does not work, have had 2 of these mirrors (got 2nd with camera system) both same problem, light & button useless because light goes on & mirror reverts back to the dark auto-dim view every 5 mins after you turn it off, no matter if it's day or night or anyone is behind you or not, wish I could disable the auto-dim function, regular view is dark enough. R elbow rest on center console should be way more forward-- even with my long arms (I am tall) my right elbow just barely catches the very end of it.

other than above complaints, vehicle is excellent and has best view of the road of anything else out there which is why I got it, and love the way it looks in silver (which is the only color the roof racks will match.)

cannot open rear windows a little 4 dog like used to without also opening front windows same or get very bad pulsing vibration throughout the car and my head. EZ to leave key thing in wrong position which I did, had to call AAA next morning, a simple push button start would be better.