Used 2010 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Poor AC
By blob1

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My Rogue has about 18K miles on it now and the worst thing about it is the AC.I live in Texas and it's HOT in the summer and the AC in this Rogue has a hard time keeping up.It's been this way since the day I bought it. I bought a new 2009 Nissan Versa and gave it to my daughter and the AC in it worked great.
The acceleration is poor but I like the CVT and the storage compartments in the doors and console are too small. I like the styling and other than the AC it's been very reliable.Nissan needs to put a better battery and tires in/on their cars. Every time I buy a car the manufacture wants to know what I think about the dealer.They never ask me what I think about their car!?

CVT, Smart Key

Better AC. Better performance. Larger storage compartments in the door, console and passanger area. Better battery and tires.

Happy So Far
By mama_in_tx

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Rogue used with about 19K miles on it. I'm very happy so far. It looks good on the outside, very comfortable and quality interior and fun to drive. The rear visability isn't great, but that would be my only complaint. The highest gas milage I've seen thus far is about 26, and I average 23 normally. I drive about 20 miles on the highway to work, and have not taken a longer highway trip yet, so I expect maybe to see a little higher gas milage with that. I love the bluetooth feature, it works wonderfully! If you're in the market for a smaller SUV, this is defiently one to check into.

Comfortable seats, blue tooth, Bose sound system!

Add some storage under the passenger front seat and maybe more cargo room.

long term with third rogue
By twowhldoug

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We now have over 32000 miles on our third rogue.First two were problems.This one has been good till now.Fuel gauge stopped working,had to have sending unit.keyless is starting to not work in morning.I guess we are done with Nissan's.Can't imagine dealing with these kinds of problems as warranty expires(36,000miles).

It is ashamed because this would really be a nice vehicle if not for the problems.Nissan has got to get on the ball.Have you noticed how the Rogue never is included in tests in magazines? I have.We have averaged 27MPG WE don't know what to get next.Maybe if nissan had a longer warranty or an extended warranty but as things are now,by by Nissan.

Still love the sound system(bose)and the blue tooth has worked well.The seats(leather) are a little hard but comfy on trips.

Get act together and figure out why these Rogues have so many problems.The transmission was not too loud for about 20,000 miles but now whines like the past two did.I can not understand why 3 for 3 rogues had keyless problems when our 2007 Maxima was ketless and never gave any problems(I wish we had it back).

Considering a Rogue?
By willbearepeat

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased new SL in September 2010 and have been very pleased. Looked at CRV, RAV4 and Mazda CX7 and chose the Rogue and have no regrets. Now have almost 20K miles and have had no problems other than loose gas cap caused Check Engine Light to come on. In city gas mileage is right at 24 and best highway has been 31 when driving at 55mph with no AC. I'm 6'2" and fit comfortably in the drivers seat.
My 16 yr old son who is also 6'2" fits comfortably in the back. This is not a sports car and doesn't drive like one. It is a small SUV that is a pleasure to drive, even on long trips.

Bose Sound System Heated Leather Seats Interior Design & Finish Gas mileage (if you drive it reasonably) Integrated Blue Tooth for cell phone Keyless Ingnition/entry which causes bad habits (like locking the keys inside your wifes car)

Speed odometer (160mph give me a break!) 55mph is not even marked on the dial. Fuel door on the right takes getting used to. Noisy interior when driving in rain. Fuel Indicator (known issue) Transmission whine (known issue, no jack rabbit starts = no whining)

3000 miles and still luv it
By roguecustom

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought our Rogue in Aug. 2010.
Liked the styling and handling.
Got indicated 34 mpg on the way back from Chicago to Madison at 58 mph.
Dropped to 31 at 65 mph.
Cold weather drops mileage considerably.
In mostly suburban driving in winter we average 23 mpg, freeway driving 28. The AWD/ABS/Traction control is fantastic in the snow.
It's wonderful to be able to accelerate without spinning wheels and hoping they'll grab before the wolf pack descends on you.
We installed U-haul hitch, grille chrome, lower side chrome accent strips, and roof rack which approximates the 2011 look.
Also installed a compass/Homelink/garage door opener/self-dimming rear view mirror from Ebay which is great.

Styling, AWD, power seats, seat warmers, handling, gas mileage, ability to tow small jet boat, quality of leather interior, Bose sound system, cargo area when rear seats are down. Did not find the view through the rear window all that obstructive.

The exhaust note should be improved--it sounds like a toy car when you floor the pedal! I removed the transverse bar that supports the pull-out cover behind the rear seats. It interferes with cargo loading. Wish it would be easily removable. Compass/Homelink mirror should be standard like it is in the Altima, although with a little work we put one in. It's the same mirror. All in all, not a lot to complain about. It's a great little crossover.