Used 2005 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

THIS IS A NISSAN PUMP AND DUMP!
By Chris

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Do not be fooled by this nice looking powerful giant beauty....it's junk!...people like to think it's always the owners,or the phrase"it'll last if you take care of it"!...not in this case...this can feel apart on me by the day...I've driven threw 6sets of tires(2new sets) I've changed the lower control arms 3times and guess what....I NEED TO CHANGE THEM AS WE SPEAK AGAIN!...BRAKES 2-3 TIMES FRONT AND BAKE,ROTORS SPUN EVERYTIME,REAR SHOCKS TWICE,and the left side completely broke both times and it's now broke again,changed shocks and front axles,van always had a vibration at high speeds,changed all engine mounts (most expensive repair),replaced transmission exactly a year and 3months ago, power steering pressure line replaced2years ago and it's now leaking again!I've changed both cam shaft position sensors,alternator,the door handle is broke,the sliding door doesn't open like it should,you have to really pull at it,the timing chain has needed to be changed for about a year now,it makes so much noise in the morning or cold starts...m gas,temp gauge and miles on vehicle gauge doesn't work,super gigantic van but no leg room for the driver,the van scraps the ground going over anything,it sits very low,even with bigger tires,the radio cannot be changed with aftermarket,no aux on base model....I only had this van for 2and a half years😂😂😂!... I do like the power it puts out,no leg room but alot of arm and head room,great size for passengers.....please do not buy this year van....this was a clear crew up by Nissan, terrible design mechanically,I'm a ase certified mechanic 16year experience...there is nothing I can do to make this van worth it! This van is way too big for these small suspension parts... terrible design.... Best quest van is the generation before this one...compare that generation and the one after this one,completely two different dessigns....people please stay away!!!this is a pozzy scheme😂😂😂✌️....Thanks to Nissan I'm broke now!!!😕

The Nissan Quest is a lime
By Eira Triana

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The paint is really bad, the dash is bad , you have to replace it with the time, and also has many issues.

Good bang for your buck
By CJ

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my '01 Volvo V70 T5 wagon in for the Quest due to the Volvo's cramped rear seats and proclivity for eating ignition coils. I wanted a minivan for the comfort and convenience with two small children and did a lot of research on used vans before deciding on the Quest. What drew me to it was the supposed durability of the engine/transmission compared to any other minivan with the exception of the Toyota Sienna--which cost more. We've now had the Quest for about 4 years, and aside from the admittedly cheap materials used in the interior, it's been a good van. The engine and trans have been bulletproof and the body has held together okay. We've replaced an engine mount, front struts, and brake pads so far. It has recently developed a small leak from the rear valve cover gasket and the pixels on the odometer readout are starting to fade. I've decided that fixing the valve cover gasket would be a PITA, so I've decided not to bother since it's not too bad. The odometer can be fixed for about $12 and there is a how-to video on Youtube. It still drives nice, the AC is ice cold, and everything works. All in all, it's holding up well considering it's now almost 12 years old and has over 160k miles on it. I'm going to drive it until it reaches 200k or blows up, whichever comes first. I think it'll make it. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap, reliable family car or work vehicle.

Great Family MiniVan!
By ilikenissan

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our 2005 Quest SL for 8 years now, bought new. It has been the perfect van for us. Spacious, strong engine, drives great (for a van), and gets decent highway mileage (we average 24 on trips). Electronically adjustable driver's seat. It was worth buying the extended warranties, as minivans (weight and usage) put a lot of stress on transmissions and suspensions. We used the warranty and saved a lot on major repairs common to the entire minivan category.

The full size middle bucket seats fit our teenagers or adults. The good headroom in the rear seats allow for seating up to 7 comfortably. Spacious cargo room when rear seat is down. We've hauled gear and plywood, camped, skiied, carted Christmas trees, gone on 2000+ mile family trips, etc. Our van has done it all!

- Higher quality interior plastics - better sound system, and replaceable/upgradeable CD system - better in-town mileage - driver seat to extend further back (for longer legs) - putting the speedometer back ('07 onward) in it's customary spot has likely helped sales, though in usages takes only a few days to get used to.

What a disappointment
By sstlaurent

2005 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van new, and over the last three years, we've put more around $5000 into.
The digital dashboard display hasn't been clear for years.
The heater in the back of the van doesn't blow.
Now the transmission is failing, and we're looking for another car.

We've had it serviced regularly and taken care of it, so I don't know what the problem is.
If I want to take it to the dealership, they charge $98 just to diagnose it.
The transmission guy told me that lots of people have had the same problem, and attorneys are preparing to file a class action suit.

Hmm...it's roomy.

I don't know what Nissan can do to improve it. I'm done with them.