2015 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Tires are Trash
By J. Kerby

2015 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S w/Prod. End 1/31 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall I would characterize this 2015 Pathfinder as good to excellent. It is less than two years old.However, I was very disappointed in the tires TOYO A25 Open Country Tires) that came on it. The vehicle only has 32,000 miles on it and the tread is down to about 3/32" and I had to replace them The vehicle has only been used for town and highway driving. I understand from the dealer that these tires are only lasting for about 30,000 miles, and that there is no tread warranty on them. I think it is pretty nasty of Nissan to put such low quality tires on a new SUV. Other new vehicles (including a 2000 Pathfinder and a 2003 Nissan Frontier) all had between 45,000 and 65,000 miles on them before I had to replace them. That is the reason for the rating.

Paint Job... Really bad
By Chris H

2015 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

2015 Pathfinder, 22,000 mile, has developed a rattle that I just haven't been able to locate yet. Narrowing it down to the right rear door... somewhere. That is the tolerable problem. The real problem, one crappy paint job. The prep between primer and the finish coat... sucks. Vehicle has what "appears" to be chips... but they are teardrop shaped with rounded edges and don't go below the primer. It's a plain and simple poor prep, as it was spotted with something. The Nissan answer... tough crap, warranty doesn't cover paint chips, even tho the body shop that looked at it says it's a defective paint job. Body shop recommended BY the Nissan Dealer, since they do not have one.

2015 Pathfinder - Great Warranty Inferior Product
By Ben Diamond

2015 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was very excited to lease this car, I was looking forward to it. I love the car. The 2015 Nissan Pathfinder is the perfect car for me at this stage in my life. I effortlessly transport my kids and their friends from one sport to another, the 3rd row seating and access are wonderful. Nissan Motor Corp honors its Warranty without question... This is the problem, the car is unreliable. 7 months after delivery the Transmission went dead, and Nissan replaced the transmission without question. When I picked the car up from the transmission repair, the Gear shifter was making a grinding noise when I moved the shifter from Park to Drive. The technicians told me that all the cars in the lot make this noise, but it did not make the noise when I received the car. I did not accept that all the cars make this grinding noise, so I sent a video illustrating the the grinding noise it makes when moving the shifter to their corporate office. I received a call back informing me that the technicians at corporate reviewed my video and felt, I was not pressing the button on the gear shifter down all the way, so it was my fault for not pressing the button hard enough. 3 weeks later I get into the car that is parked in my driveway, I start the car and it goes dead. Once again back to the Service center. After 10 days a Technician by the name of Carlos calls me back and says, "the car was on a hill, nose facing down with low gas. Nissan cars don't always start on a hill, with low gas if the nose of the car is pointing downward." I explained to him, that the car was on a slight incline with a little less than a quarter of tank of gas. Carlos pushed my statements aside and said, "No, it was on a hill with low gas!" They replaced two recalled parts, put in a brand new gear shifter due to the grinding noise and called me to pick the car up. It has been 2 days and the car is running great. At this point, I would never recommend anybody buy a 2-15 Nissan Pathfinder out right. If you are using this car as your main car, to transport your family, or if you are going to rely on it for work than I would tell you not to buy it. If you have time to go back and fourth to the service center and have plenty of time on your hands, then leasing a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder is definitely an option because they do honor their Warranty and you are not charged for the repairs.

Ginga's car
By Idalia Benjamin

2015 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

2015 Pathfinder - GREAT mileage UNTIL you trailer
By Joe F

2015 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I replaced a 15 year old Expedition with the 2015 Pathfinder (purchased used with 15,000 miles on it) and, overall, have been very happy with it. The mileage is impressive, the ride is comfortable and very quiet, with solid acceleration and very nice safety features. All of this is 100% true "until" the trailer gets attached ... and I'm not talking some 4,000 pound'er but a single axle utility trailer weighing about 1,800 pounds loaded. Mileage drops from an impressive 25-26 mpg to being lucky if I can get it to 12 (and that requires some very slow acceleration) using Tow Mode. I really DO like the Pathfinder but if you're looking for something that won't break the bank while towing a moderate load, look elsewhere.