Used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Good overall vehicle
By exrec

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my second Pathfinder purchase. I owned an 05 brand new SE and turned it in off lease then went to my wife's honda until it was off lease. I bought the LE due to the navigation and rear DVD system for my kids. Overall the vehicle is good, and solid. The gas mileage is horrible and the navigation is harder to work then a nintendo wii. I have yet to find a direction on it.

Power, comfort, rear dvd

Gas mileage

Fun with some flaws
By JMP

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned the Pathfinder going on 3 years and have had no major problems or issues. I do the regular maintenance visits and so far nothing out of the ordinary. I'm in awe of the Bose 10 speaker system, it sounds better than most out of the box systems I've heard. The look is great, the ride is fun and if somethings are tweaked can be a pleasure to own. This SUV is the third one I have owned (had a CR-V and Cherokee) and is the best of the bunch, but also the biggest gas guzzler of the lot. But I enjoy the power and responsiveness when I drive, so it makes up for its short comings.

Bose system, moonroof, seat configuration to meet your needs. Power when needed to get through tough obstacles, hills, snow, etc.

GAS MILEAGE!!!! This day in age, economy is best. A little wider, it is cramped in the back seat and even worse when the third row is used. More passenger leg room, it stinks when you can barely fit your 2 year old in a car seat. His feet are practically on the back seat...

Great 4x4 SUV
By Jim zraiq

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my pathfinder le almost 2 years ago with 12,000 miles.. The car now has 35,000.. I have never had any problem with this car, it handles the snow amazingly since I live in Chicago. Much better car than 4runner or envoy. It has great look and performance and I am 100% satesfied with my purchase and I would buy it again.

very neat and impressive interior,the exterior looks great and handsome.Large trunk.great sound system. on top of that it has great Engine,Transmission and strong ability for towing.

the only thin k i could think of if they add couple Inches to the width of it..but i guess they have the Armada.

2006 Pathfinder SE
By Dan

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2001 xtera which was also a fine truck. The pathfinder was a little noisy until I put good tires on it and the noise level dropped quite a bit. My se is very tight fitting, solid on door closing I find the front seats very comfortable and my wife likes the electronic pedal adjustment. We tow a 23" boat with no problem. 45,000 miles and not one problem. Over all the best truck I have owned.

Bose sound system Towing ability 4 wheel disc brakes

Make the opening to the oil filter larger for easier access,if you have big arms it a bit of a tight squeeze

Don't Buy This Vehicle!!!
By Kurt

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Pathfinder for two years. Yes, it has been reliable. But for about a year now I've noticed while washing it that thousands of little rust specs are seeping through the paint. There are now streaks of rust down the back of it after sitting for the week in my Michigan driveway (undriven) for the week. A two year old car should not be rusting out. Its pathetic. I can only guess they use inferior steel to save a little money. For once I'm glad its a lease.

I bought it because I wanted a small SUV that held 7 passengers. I love the styling. The handling is terrific for an SUV.

The factory radio stinks. There is no forward/backwards buttons, only seek. So you're stuck waiting 5 seconds for each channel, which wouldn't be bad except that it can't tell the difference between a station and fuzz. The fuel economy sucks as well. I average about 16 mpg in mixed driving.