Used 2006 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

198k and still rolling
By Hootna

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my Armada since I bought it with 75k miles on it about 9 years ago. I guess overall it has been a good car but if you are the type that takes your car in for every minor issue it will bleed you dry. My automatic opening rear died long ago.. The brakes suck there is a known issue that the brake system fails and makes a grinding like your wheel is about to fall off but resets once you shut off and restart but u never know when it may happen.. AC fan interior controller went out but I replaced it myself.. AC fan by the radiator went south long ago so if car is not moving AC is not super cold in summer months.. Clicking noise sounds like machine gun from some broken vent actuator happens every so often and finally the crappy check engine light because of the exhaust manifold cracking issue that I am not paying $3500 to fix.. Oh forgot the oil pressure gauge is pegged on high but its a sensor issue so whatever.. I live with this stuff now for the repairs I had to do... Fuel pump took a dump towed go dealership that told me it was not only the pump but some fuse box this cost me $2500.. Screw u Nissan... Also $250 because the piece that the oil filter attachs to that is between it and the engine got screwed up guess if they over tighten when installing oil filter it can happen but think its a bad design.. But hey overall I love my Armada but as you can see I dont care about check engine lights..squeeks..rattles..etc. so my overall cost for repairs hasnt been crazy. In fact I have yet to change the tranny fluid and probably wont for fear replacing it at this point may cause the beast to fail. We will see how long she runs at this point if anything fails I will just buy another vehicle but I will miss her she has been a great ride.

195000 miles
By #195000strong

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great Vehicle all around with the exception of electronics.

GREAT SUV FOR ME!
By Victor Salgado

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

so I bought my 06 Nissan armada LE 4x4 back in 2005. I was very first owner of this SUV.... I think the price wasn't the best. I paid $54k+ tax and all so it went up to $58k.
This truck has been to mexico and back 7 times! And has never gave me a problem on the way. I drive two days straight no stopping only for gas&food..
When I drive past Arizona it is about (105-120°F) and it has never over heated on me.

Now I see many people on the comments giving this SUV 1 star because the breaks got worn out? Of course they will go out eventually.

I love this truck. I own a 2008 ford f250 6.4 lariat 4door 4x4 I have had it for a year and a half and so far wasted $+10,000 in repairs including transmission it has been in the shop 7 times so far...... And my armada has always been there for me! My son also drives the armada and like every teenager he drives it like shi*! Full throttle. Burnouts and stuff and yet the truck is still up !

Reason why the truck is still up is because I actually spend time on it. Spark plugs , filters. Oil and the rest.

Some people never change that stuff and expect it to go for years!

I give this truck a 5/5.

Get ready to shell out huge $$$ for repairs
By vfabrici

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have owned the truck since new, it now has about 220k miles.

Im going to give the truck overall an f, The amount spent on repairs is really high, specifically for things that should have lasted the life of the truck.

2) at less than 60k miles the exhaust manifolds warped.
This was an obscene $3600 repair.

3) Factory radio/cd player died in less than 3 years, a $800 repair.

4) Radiator had to be replaced at less than 100k miles, almost $1000.

5) Dealer screwed the car up and ruined the fuel pump while doing factory warranty work on the gas gauge.
They then refused to acknowledge they caused the problem. Truck went in running fine, came out limping home, could barely go

COMPLAINTS continued. 20 mph. $1200 This happened at 190k miles. 6) Wire in automatic trans got loose, truck wouldnot start. $600!!!!! again at about 200k miles. 7) Ac repairs are now $1700 and still does not work right. 8) Truck, cause it weighs 3 tons eats tires and brakes like french fries. You will not get 40k miles out of a set of brakes or tires. Front pads have been replaced at least 6 times. She is on her fifth set of tires. 9) factory gps system died after about 5 years, i never had it fixed. 10) the dealer service areas are incompetent and dishonest. They charge obscene rates and if they cause a problem they will not take ownership.

IN summary: Including oil changes and everything repairs were about $13k for 220k miles. This was way too high. 11) if u go over the mileage on a lease they will make u pay for every extra mile, even if u want to go into a new leas Btw, it's no surprise that nothing breaks during the lease period. It all happens after 50k miles Brakes and tires people expect. BUT 9K in one time repairs? The exhaust manifolds alone were $3600. I would have given the truck a passing grade if the one time repairs were $3500 or less, not $9000 dollars. Nissan use to mean quality and reliability. For $57k in 2006 dollars, one would expect a truck to last 200k+ miles with a minimum of repairs.

Best car I've owned Period
By garrettb

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We just sold her, Annie was her name.
The kids still ask after her.
What a great car.
Great power, huge interior, the kids don't even come close to kicking the back of your seat.
We bought used with 50K miles and I sold this car with 90K on it and never put one nickel into it other than regular oil changes, oh yeah 1 battery and thats it.
It always got 12 mpg unless on a real long trip.
Got 16 once.
I watched a friend with an Explorer- Junk and then a Tahoe, nice but not a good as this Nissan and not nearly as spacious.

Just a great set-up room to spare. Towing is awesome. Towed an 8000 lb trailer 900 miles recently and it didn't miss a beat... foot on the floor a lot of the time too.

More comfey front seats please.. (a little hard for long trips)