Used 1998 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Oldie but goodie
By Cel

1998 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This car is one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned. Superior engine and surprisingly good mileage. The flaws are the cheap plastic used for the sun visor and radio buttons. Other than that, I feel very safe driving in any weather. This 1998 still has freezing cold air and toasty heat.

Good ol trusty
By Melissa

1998 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love this little car, the paint does chip so it will need a paint job, but it always gets me home. I use it to commute to school, when my dad needs another car while he repairs his, and to drive around. I get really upset when it needs repair because its like my baby. I could not imagine ever junking the car, i just love it.

My little coco drop car
By ria10

1998 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Where do I even begin, well my father bought me this car in 2013 with 173,000 miles on it. At first i was nervous it wouldnt last but now two years later and only 174,032 miles its not bad. Ive had to replace to alternator and wiper motor. currently the front axle is having problems but that will be fixed soon.Paint chips a lot and it tends to be very loud. Other then that i really love my little coco drop. After a good amount of money is put in to it tho this baby is ready to go for another 100,000 miles. I highly encourage people to get altimas. Maybe not as old as mine to. :)

Good old Reliable.
By mitchell19

1998 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought a 1998 Nissan Altima brand new off the dealer lot in cerritos with only 5 miles. I loved everything about it, the interior, the way it drove, and not to mention its reliability. It never once broke down on me....ever. I loved its reliability so much, I wish I could buy another one. I was sooo sad the day I totaled it at 148,000 miles. Me and my family drove
it everywhere from San Francisco to Minnesota to Las Vegas and back, it was also a great commuter car for getting to and from work. I now drive a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe, only time will tell just as to how reliable it is.

The outside could be more exciting.

gas mileage.

Disappointed
By xray2

1998 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 1998, and am quite disappointed. Almost made it for 12 trouble free years, then at 210,000 miles the transaxle fell apart. Replaced the transaxle with another used one. Other that that, the body and interior has remained in great shape. Hopefully the piece of junk will make it another 200,000 miles. lol

none