Used 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Love this car
By AH

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car not knowing much about it because we were in a hurry seeing as my car before this one had the transmission go out. I absolutely love this car. I get awesome fuel mileage just driving to and from work or around town, sometimes it says 27MPG or higher. I love the interior and the heated seats are amazing. The only thing I will say is that the third row seating is a waste of space. No one could fit back there even if they tried. Have not had a single problem with anything on this car. It's a smooth comfortable ride and I love all the features.

What are people thinking?
By gladitsgone

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The only rationale I can come up with for people giving good reviews on this car is the sheer embarrassment that they bought it. I know that's how I felt. I should have listened to the consumer report review that said the only thing that works well in the car is the AC. The engine was powerful enough to pull a lawnmower and the sluggishness made this car unsafe to drive on the highway. The third row seat is pretty much a scam as nobody can fit back there. I would feel I was endangering children back there as well. Oh, and the fuel economy in my experience is also BS. I never got beyond 27mpg and that was five hours on the highway. Around town it is no better than a highlander or pilot. The sacrifices are too many not to step up to a real vehicle.....unless you're broke and don't mind driving something this ugly.

Best Car I've ever bought! Still...after 3 yrs
By Tammy

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love my OUTLANDER! It's comfortable to ride and drive. It hasn't got the 'most' power but has all I need. The 10/100,000 mile warranty was more than I expected but haven't had to use it. It's only needed routine maintenance in 2 years, oil changes, tire rotations, that's it! Mine also has a no-rust warranty which is almost unheard of and a great perk for any vehicle being drive in Maine. Super reliable. The back seats are all that comfortable but they're not used much anyway. No kids. Mileage is average. The ground clearance is actually what attracted me to this vehicle. It's more than my previous SUV that kept getting stuck in my driveway when there was a significant snow fall. I haven't gotten stuck with my Outlander. Heated seats....just awesome! There are so many perks to this car, they far outweigh any possible negatives, not that I can think of any. Truly the best car I've ever had in my 30 years of driving!

Not happy
By dave handsbury

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The only problem is the the AC .The first year it worked fine . The second year we had it ,it went out . they did fix after they told use they didn't have to .Third year out again they wanted us to pay them over a 100 dollars to find the problem .I told them i don't think so we shouldn't have a car for 3 summers and have the AC two of the three summer .and for the most part they told me i was SOL. My reply back thats BS.

Fun Car!
By Cindy Villarreal

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Great car with wonderful styling, quick acceleration when needed, ECO for increased mileage, just fun to drive! Sleek, modern styling with a great engine and history of low maintenance.