Used 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:

Affordable & Very Dependable
By Ulises Garcia

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Its a great suv. My wife needed something to take to work that would be small with 4wd. We saw other brands but they were crazy expensive with more miles. With winter tires, this car is amazing. Went through 12 inches of snow with no problems, driving around everyone getting stuck in Minnesota streets. Cargo is small but we drive this more than my bigger suv with 2 kids.

Best SUV Value for the Money
By Paul S.

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used 2014 Outlander Sport ES from a private seller and could not be happier with the SUV. I wanted a 30 MPG SUV that was reliable had less than 50K miles for under $10K and the Outlander Sport is the only SUV that checked all those boxes. Many reviews will downgrade the Outlander Sport because the 2.0L engine is under powered they say, but while this SUV won't win any 0 to 60 races it's has more than enough power for me and will accelerate adequately in all driving conditions. If you drive like Mario Andretti and are an aggressive driver you should look elsewhere and expect to pay more both at the dealer and at the pump. However, if you drive like a normal person you will love this SUV. It has a great ride and while this is my first vehicle with a CVT, I'm very impressed with the smoothness of the transmission. Every other SUV in the Outlander's class will cost you a minimum of $2500 more to purchase used and will not be any more reliable or pleasant to drive. My only complaint is that the 2013-2016 Outlanders only come with a black interior which is murder in the south when your car sits outside in the summer time. Aside from that I'm a very happy first-time Mitsubishi owner.

Excelent
By Zoran Stojkovski

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Good car

The All Wheel Drive Is What it's All About
By Helen Meade

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car is not sexy. It doesn't zip along in the city. This particular used model has practically no bells and whistles in the interior. But it drives steady-as-you-go. It's big enough for large teenagers in the back, as well as small amount of cargo. Mileage is as good as my smaller HHR. It has good number of airbags. Most importantly, it was the only vehicle in my price range that came with All Wheel Drive. Where I live there's snow, ice, and hills. My previous front wheel drive vehicles have always been a little dicy in the winter. I haven't driven this one in the snow yet - just bought in in May 2017, but I have high hopes.

Mitsu
By robin m

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Although the critics seem to dislike this car I not say enough about it. Handles the road really well and is extremely comfortable to drive. It may not go from zero to 60 in three seconds but overall it has pretty good pick up and is fun to drive. Can't wait for it to snow so I can test out the AWD