Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

2007 GS Automatic, sun and sound package
By justinr321

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car back in November. Traded in a 07 Mustang for it and I'm glad I did. The car is pretty peppy for an inline 4 and gets great gas mileage (I usually averaged about 30 mpg). It has a cool design and interesting interior. It's also pretty comfortable as well. I did, however, wreck mine about 3 weeks ago and totaled it. It held up very well but the airbags didn't deploy, strangely enough. Overall, I liked the car and would recommend it for someone who is looking for an affordable, sporty car that gets good gas mileage.

the look of the interior and exterior, gas mileage, sound system

make the dash layout more practical, its cool looking, but it takes up to much space. Make traction control standard and the option of navigation wouldn't be bad either.

Dude, I hit a deer.
By Alyssa M

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is amazing. I owned a Cadillac before, and thought I would be disappointed, but its a lot of fun and drives great. I have been rearended by a heavy duty truck, and hit a deer at 50 mph - not a single scratch on the car. It's very reliable and takes a lot of abuse. It's the best car I have ever owned. I would highly suggest it to anyone. It's definitely a headturner, and unique, which were big pluses for me.

Exterior. The design, I feel, helps to take turns really fast. The racer seats are very comfortable for long trips (which I take often).

Even the expensive trim is poor. I think Mitsubishi needs to step up their luxury add ons. I bought a v-4 for a reason, and I don't think the gas is good enough to have left my v-line v8.

Excellent Car!!
By Goatboy

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a Dodge Dakota because I wanted a sportier vehicle. I did my research and after comparing the Mustang, RX-8, Civic-Si, and Eclipse, it was my favorite. I have had it about a month now and it is the best car I have ever owned. It's flashy, fast, hauls my golf clubs, and makes mundane trips to work a lot more exciting. It is an excellent medium between a full on performance car and a livable, daily commuting or touring car. The stereo is ridiculous. I didn't know you could get a stereo that sounds that good from the factory!

Powerful V-6 engine, Rockford-Fosgate stereo, sunroof, sweet exhaust note, baseball stitched gearshift, and the backseat. That was the deal maker for me over a two seat coupe, as I have twin 3 yr. olds that ride with me.

This is tough to come up with, but I guess a limited slip differential in the front would be great. Might help eliminate some of the torque steer under full throttle launches.

Phenomenal Car!
By Poke

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought mine used with 17,000 miles on it. I was just looking for an everyday runner, and this car was available. Simply unbelievable. I never even looked at Mitsubishi before, but it's true that they've thought of everything. I have the convertible GT V6, and this baby is a runner, alright. Previous owner put a carbon fiber hood on her, 20-inch black spoke wheels, an air induction system to increase her horsepower, and all the options! Wow. She's amazing! The ride is incredible, the look is amazing, and the officer who pulled up alongside of me to tell me I was going too fast even gave me a thumbs up and a wave! And my golf clubs fit in the trunk! You won't be disappointed!

Stereo is unbelievable, power is amazing, ride is superb, top is one-button operation which is done in 19 seconds, and is completely hidden under a power tonneau top. Ice Blue gauge lighting, heated front seats, automatic climate control, traction control, MIVEC V6 power, 6-speed manual transmission.

Blind spot can't be avoided. Angle your side mirror outward a little so you can see vehicles or children near or next to your vehicle, and always turn your head to make sure nothing or no one is there before you change lanes or make a right turn. I've had no problems when employing these tips.

Amazing car
By Scott Jacob

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I looked for a very long time to get this car. I bought it with the Rockford stereo, which was a must, and complete with all the options. I was reluctant at first to buy any car with a 4 cylinder, but was very satisfied after driving mine. It did not take long to figure out that it has an amazing ride, as well as, all the power and handling anyone could ask for. This will not be my last Mitsubishi I promise you that.

I love the ride as well as the complete riding experience. I also love the Rockford sound system, which anyone should request when purchasing one of these vehicles. and do not be afraid of the small engine, it is plenty

I agree with everyone else that the interior plastic does scratch easily, but i was able to take care of almost all the scratches by using armor all and only very little will remain visible. I would also like a little higher mileage, but am getting right around 30 mpg.