Used 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Awesome riding car
By Jack Demyan

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have to say that the 2004 Spyder Gt Convertible I recently purchased is, without a doubt, the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. This is 2017 and the previous owner took immaculate care of it. Inside and out are showroom quality and the mechanics of the vehicle are terrific. Soooooooo much fun to drive and I've had my share of so called nice sports cars. I was looking to purchase a fun car that didn't break the bank and this is it. Too bad they stopped making them in 2012 but they should put them back in production. The rest of their line is really lacking appeal in my opinion.

Great, reliable daily driver.
By Tim

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this used in 2009 with 83k miles on it. Has 142k now & never a minutes trouble out of it. No unexpected repairs just general maintenance, Never once failed me.

UPDATE * this car was totaled in a wreak in Sep 2017, it had 170k miles on it and all I had replaced was the MAF, was a great car right up till the end, I now have a 2009 Spider, here’s hoping for the same level of dependability

Great Car for my College Kid
By Maria Hula

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for my college age daughter, and for me since I was in charge of maintaining it and I only had to have a couple oxygen sensors replaced in the 5 years we have owned it. Did regular oil changes every 5,000 miles. Very reliable car and fun to drive.

Old and Fun
By maverickm

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got the Eclipse for my first car with 150k for around 2k. First off, it's loud since it's a spyder. it interior and exterior are ok for a sports car of those years. reliability is awesome since its at almost 200k now. its fun and very stiff ride, you will feel all the bumps. You will also feel body roll and over steer when going around corner's fast.
The main problems I have with this car is 1 it's FWD which I'm not fond of, and 2 it's hard to find performance parts for.

It's alright
By steve

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible GTS 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When i bought the car it had 29,000 miles on it. Right off the bat i had problems with it. The radio started going, along with the speakers. I recently took it ion to the dealership for 2 new front tires, and they said i needed four new complete brakes, the whole set. (drums, rotors, calibers and lines) and they said i will soon need a new front suspension. But this car has been treated immaculately.

The sound of the car, and power from 1-2

Wider body, better quality built