Used 2007 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Milan for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Milan I4 Automatic

milanI4auto, 12/13/2006

Love this car. I selected the Milan over Fusion (Milan has a better looking interior and exterior), G6 and Accord (Milan has better seating position of short drivers like my wife) before making purchasing decision. Drove this car almost 1000 mile to SC after owning it for a month. Ride was smooth and quiet. Must have the most trunk space of mid-sized sedans. Fuel economy is good, but not great for a 4 cylinder. Does have a 17.5 gallon tank that provides an incredible driving range. What amazes me is that you see so few on the road given our experience.

2007 Milan I4 Auto

scwalburn, 11/25/2006

What a pleasant surprise. Roomy, even for me at 6'5". Feels like a much bigger car. Quiet and responsive, smooth shifting and all for $18,000. Way to go Ford!

7800 Miles and no complaints and a few t

SpiceUmUp, 11/22/2006

I now have 7800 mile on the car since September and I am pleased as can be. With an average speed of 50+ miles per hour I am averaging 24.5 miles to the gallon, better than I anticipated. Nothing on the car has failed to function perfectly every time. I discovered the car does have an exterior temperature display: there is a little button on the climate control that says EXT. Push that and you have outside temperature displayed instead of the set point of the climate control. If you adjust the temperature setting, it switches back to exterior temp as soon as you are done. Nicely done but it could be a little easier to find and the owners manual could spell it out a little better

Excellent refined automobile

Barry, 12/14/2006

Great acceleration for a 4 cylinder engine. Styling is very impressive, looks better than vehicles that cost a lot more. Interior is very comfortable. Premier model has lots of desired extras. Handling is superb! Very good gas mileage. Ford/Mercury has a real winner here!

I love this car

Clare, 12/23/2006

I traded in my 2000 Nissan Maxima for the Milan. I have had the car for a little over a week and am really impressed with the quality and tight feel. It is quiet and very comfortable. It runs smoothly and I am looking forward to the winter snows to feel the improved control with AWD.In a few years,I plan on handing this car over to my teenage son who loves to snowboard. I feel comfortable that I will be giving him a safe car.

I thought I would miss the Chrysler 300

SpiceUmUp, 09/02/2006

I picked this car up just three days ago and I already am sold on it. It rides very well though I feel the expansion joints more than in the 300. the seat are very comfortable, the controls are where they should be and working them is intuitive. The climate controls are set too low in the dash but the steering wheel mounted controls make that mostly a non-issue. The engine has plenty of power and when you whomp the Go-Pedal, it GOES. It is VERY quiet inside with little road noise & little engine noise until you really nail the accelerator. This is good because the sounds system is great. 6 disc CD with MP3 capability and 8 speaks. The open moon roof has very little wind noise

Exactly what you'd expect.

Tim H., 11/21/2015
Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We've had the car for a short time now and its been exactly what I've expected it to be. The car has great handling for it's somewhat bulky size but the acceleration lacks. Its not a weight issue, but an issue of low HP. Which is.. exactly what one should expect given its not a mucle car. Also, people seem to dislike the way the car actually rides, but keep in mind that this is not a Cadillac or Lincoln. If the car had air ride controlled shocks then i would have the same compaint but since that's not the case, I'm ok with it. The ride is smooth and easy but you can "feel the road" for lack of better words. Not in an abrasive or annoying way, more of a sense of awareness for the road itself. It's overall a very nice car with, so far, no bullshit attached. Worth buying, but know the worth of the car before hand. Also, as a footnote: the car is quite easy and carefree to drive, which could make this a bad "first car" for young drivers so take that into consideration before getting this one for your 17 yr old son/daughter. Even as an experienced driver, its not hard to overshoot my speed around curves in the road. On the other hand, the car has airbags damn near everywhere inside of the car so if your gonna flip it, you'll probably be ok :D

My first Ford product in over 20 years

John J, 12/28/2006

I really like this car. It has a very quiet interior, no squeaks or rattles, accelerates impressively, has plenty of room (and I am 6'2"), excellent ride, handles well in town and on the highway, I cannot think of one shortcoming on this car. I have been in Chrysler products for many years and this vehicle really drew my attention from the beginning. I tested the Honda, Toyota, and Nissan equivalents. Dollar for dollar, feature for feature, Ford/Mercury got this one right. It is about time a US manufacturer got their product in line with what we are looking for: value, economy, and styling. You owe it to yourself to look at the Milan.

No complaints

scavio, 11/28/2006

I always said that if Ford came up with a solid AWD drive car I'd buy it... and they did. Got a Silver one with all the options and couldn't be happier. Exterior is top notch and I liked the styling over the standard Fusion. Interior is solid (the stitching in the leather seating was impressive) and has plenty of room for my family of four. The engine could use a little more punch, but it has more than enough power for a mid size sedan. Handles extremely well.

2007 Mercury Milan Premier FWD

bob in murrysville, 12/26/2006

I just purchased the 2007 Mercury Milan Premier FWD model. The auto is well built, inside and out. Great styling and solid handling. Very comfortable with excellent driver visibility. Enjoy the exterior puddle lamps - nice feature. I just drove it over 40 miles of western Pennsylvania country roads and it handled superbly. I parked it next to a new Honda Accord at the employee lot at work and the Milan is every bit as nice (or nicer) than the Accord. I am a civil engineer by occupation and I must say that I am very impressed with the vehicle.

Great Car

Wes, 11/21/2006

This car is a great looking fun car to drive. I went from a supercharged Mustang GT, and unfortunately had to get rid of due to purchasing a house. I am very happy with this car, sound system is awesome, looks different than anything on the road, and is very comfortable to drive.

Really nice American Company Car

DeDe, 01/20/2007

I just got this car and drove it some 1300 miles . The car ran very well and did all of the things that I expected for less money than some other AWD vehicles.This car is smooth and quiet on the road and comfortable to ride in. I bought this car to replace my AWD SUV and I'm very pleased with the quality and performance.This car is very nice looking and has lots of eye appeal. I ordered the sport package with spoiler.

Mercury Milan V6

Lee , 01/15/2007

I bought this Milan for my 16 year old son as a B-Day gift because i felt that It was the best out of all the other midsize sedans it has plenty of Safety and Security Features which was #1 on my list of must haves and it has plenty of Luxury features at a great price the car drives and rides well and is safe and solid and has a cool sporty look and i have always be a big fan of Mercury they have always treated me as a valued customer i have owned Grand Marquis and Sables and still do But the Milan is the most modern one with the most up to date features and style so i think i made a smart choice by choosing Mercury Milan Safe,Solid,Sporty what more could you want Overall Great Car ...

Great car

rav4man, 10/18/2010

Look at the prices at the Merc/Ford dealers as these come off leases, fantastic deals. I have the leather light tan and black combo. Front seats are a little uncomfortable, seats do need to be higher. Did new rotors and ceramic brakes at 53,000 miles, now rides perfect. Climate controls excellent. Road noise very low. Excellent ride on the highway.MPG is 28 highway 23 city. Transmission 6 speed automatic nicest tranny I ever felt. Shifts silky smooth. Get the 6 cyl, 4 is underpowered. Do check out the Lincoln mkz which is the same car also, interior is ultra excellent on that ride

Nice car

Steeler, 01/03/2007

Replaced my wifes VW Jetta with this AWD Milan. Very happy so far with this car. Interior is comfortable and attractive in 2-tone with the wood dash trim. Power is acceptable. While you won't win many drag races you will have no trouble accelerating safely onto the highway. Ride blends a sporty feel without being to harsh. Gas mileage could be better, hopefully it will improve as mileage adds up. Overall a lot of car for the money.

Good Value, Transmission is major issue

chuckt6, 10/15/2012

This has been a good car. I really like the interior and exterior styling. The interior leather has held up really well, even when my dogs have ridden in the backseat. It hasn't scratched or worn through like some other vehicles. It has been a pretty reliable car, I have 120,000+ miles on it, yes I drive a lot. The transmission failed at about 106K miles(i have the 5 speed automatic). It sounds like this transmission has problems in the Fusion and Mazda 6 as well. New from the dealer the tranny will cost you $6000, crazy for a $23K car. I had mine rebuilt for $2500 and so far so good. The brakes have been bullet proof, I still have my original brake pads and rotors.

1st car and love it

mark dichter, 04/26/2010

first of all the ride in this car is smooth on the road and tight in the corners thanks to volvo. Mercury was smart in designing this car because they put a wonderful engine in a light reliable chassis. i average 400 miles to the tank and for a V6 with some pony's and some torque thats amazing. I overall love my car and would recommend it ti anyone who wants a luxurious car and if they want to have fun every now and then (but of course in a safe way) this is the car for you. For the parents on here this car is reliable safe and will make your son or Daughter love you for ever. trust me because this is coming from a 17 year old. 1 last thing is i got this with 30,000 miles for only $13,500

Bought used

j-dool, 11/18/2010

This vehicle had most of what I wanted and it had very low miles when we bought it. the car is comfortable on long trips and the heated seats are great on the back. I can't believe we've put over 15,000 miles on it already. We've had no issues what so ever and while going on 4 years old it looks new. The ride isn't the smoothest but it's not the worst either. I like the 17" wheels and I think it handles very well for this type of vehicle.

BEST CAR I’ve ever owned!!!!

Tony Maccanello, 01/25/2018
Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The best car I’ve ever owned!!! I’ve never had a problem with it. The only things I’ve had to replace are tires and a battery. I change oil ever 5000 miles. The brakes are still excellent I did do a good 50,000 maintenance. The car is great to drive. Still has a modern style I’ve owned about 15 cars in my life. 6 of them Mercedes. My Milan has them all beat!!!!! I wanted to get a new car but why should I. I just put gas in it and it takes me wherever I want to go. Never a problem!!!!

Sleek Sexy = Mercury Milan

Chris, 10/10/2006

My new Mercury Milan Premier AWD V6 is awsome it has cool features like a nav. system and power moonroof dual chrome pipes 17" Alloys Satin Trim on the dash and a Powerful 24 Valve DOHC V6 and the AWD makes for a better handling car and the front seat is roomy and comfortable and the ride is quiet and smooth and the a/c blows ice cold air and i get good mpg about 27.5 and i really like the paint job called vivid red and the all black leather with the white trim and mine came with the sport pack which i think only added the rear spoiler but its still a tight ride and my girlfriend digs it to so were all cool with it

Milan AWD - Must be a best kept secret?

G, 01/17/2007

Like the guy tells the babe in the commercial, this car had me just on the looks. Now my expectations for sedans are higher. The styling isn't near as dull as the asian cars. This car looks and is sporty. But the sharp lines and sleek look would have you thinking tight and uncomfortable interior - right? Wrong, this car is just right for me. It is comfortable and spacious and doesn't leave me with an aching body from entering and exiting. Granted I wouldn't be talking about these things if I were paying $500+ a month, but I leased this thing at a great price. I see them up here in Michigan a lot but my daughter says she doesn't see a lot of them where she lives. Let the secret out!

2007 Milan requires new transmission at 75K miles

cpuetzer, 10/12/2011

Started out as a decent vehicle. However, since I purchased the car I have put 75K miles with the bulk of it being highway miles. A low level hum developed and now the dealer and my mechanic confirmed that I now need a new transmission. Ford is only willing to pay 1K of the warranty repair price which leaves me stuck paying (3K). Amazing how Ford is not willing to stand behind their products. Even if I had purchased the extended warranty I still think a tranny should last longer than 75K and would still be unhappy.

Not a good car for driving in deep snow. Brakes na

John, 09/11/2015
4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

It would be a good vehicle in your not in alot of snow, it gets stuck easily and the traction controls sometimes even makes it worse. Plus vehicle went through at least 3-4 sets of breaks, rotors, calipers, etc in the 2 + years I've owned it. Overall build is very nice and great looking and driving car. Had all the options and engine and tranny were also great.

Continuing Mercury

forthesakeof, 08/09/2009

The little Sable (Taurus) that I last bought, made in Chicago, was what i was looking for in reliability. I know the story of the Taurus (why stop?), and I see these new Tauruses on the road. Absolutely beautiful. I loved my sable so much, after only owning GM my entire life, I went to a Ford dealership for another used venture. I found this sweet little demon, oh boy. I saw this baby, next to a silvernother. Mine is AWD, smoke/purplish. Beautiful. I am old enough and experienced in Michigan snow enough to know what AWD means, I am curious. Sound system is superb. Extra trunk room, excellent, easy everything. I am anxious to see what this baby has in store for me. Certainly has the spunk.

A nice surprise

WarNM, 02/07/2010

I was replacing a car that I initially loved and ended up hating and wanted a car that I had no feelings about. I saw this slightly used Milan and had read some good things about it. It has won me over, it does everything well, gets very good gas mileage for a 6, and has needed nothing but maintainance in the 35000 miles on it. The looks have grown on me and I think it is one of the better looking cars in its class. I would recommend it to anyone.

Great Car

Snoo, 02/16/2010

I loved the feel of the car from the first time i test drove a Milan. Plenty of room for my wife and toddler son. Trunk has enough space for stoller and groceries! I love the look of the car as well.

Wonderful Surprise

Alisha, 03/12/2010

I owned a 1998 Ford Taurus SHO and recently graduated nursing school and was looking for a new car. I'm very price conscious and had looked at and researched many many cars at many lots. I went into the dealership to test drive a 2007 mazda6. Needless to say I was a little unimpressed the backseat was way too small and it just seemed okay at best. I also test drove two other cars I was almost going to "settle" if I got a cheap price or leave till one of the guys that worked there mentioned the Milan. I immediately feel in love. It was perfect from the aesthetic looks interior and exterior to the feeling of the drive. Very smooth. Plus, with a lifetime powertrain warranty. I knew it was it.

Mercury Milan my worst purchase

jacklover, 08/06/2012

We purchased our Mercury brand new from a Mercury dealer, got a great price for an AWD car. 1) The car does not shift when cold unless you lift your foot or reach 5000 RPM 2) The third driveshaft at 75000 miles 1st was replaced under warranty 2nd an 3rd on my tab. 3) Buy tires get the car aligned, the alignment only lasts about 25000 miles . Firestone Bridgestone goodyear not generic tires 4) the dealer must think my wife is an idiot. Free inspections are not free, they will reccomend something not needed. If you ask a question they will deny it. 5) They don't have parts for a vehicle that is 5 years old. The Dealer and Ford Recommend purcahsing a $917.r dollar unit for a $10. breathe

A car is only as good as the driver

Appleton, 12/18/2008

I have read a lot of the reviews on this website. I have had my car for a full 2 years. My dashboard doesn't rattle and my speakers are to die for. I drive the 07 V6 AWD Premier model, black leather interior, black exterior, sunroof and spoiler. I keep my maintenace schedule, I don't wait for my car to whine before I fix it, hence my comment, the car is only as good as the driver. I also treat the leather seats every time it gets clean. I have driven mercury models for the past 10 years, without a breakdown. This car will be in the family and on the road 10 years from now. I traded in a Mercedes Benz for this vehicle, and beleive me when I say I got my money's worth. It glides. I love my car.

Best car I've ever owned

awilkin2, 04/11/2009

This is a fantastic car for the money! Rides great, very fun to drive, has lots of room and back and a very large trunk with no hinges intruding into the luggage compartment. Very well thought out design and well executed! I've owned it for over 2 years, put over 35,000 miles on it and have not had to do anything but change the oil every 7500 miles.

Not your grandma's car

Lab rat, 06/17/2009

I went to buy a Fusion but decided on the Milan after the test drive. It's just like the Fusion but had a better quality interior. I've got 40,000 miles on it now and have had no mechanical problems, but all of the valve stems on the tires gave out at 30,000 miles, leaving me on the side of the road on the coldest morning of the year. It's a good little car though. I only buy American and I'm happy with this one.

FirstAmerican

katsumoto, 06/28/2009

This is the first American car I've bought in over 30 years and has not disappointed. After 2 1/2 years I have yet to encounter any problems and the car handles as well as any Japanese or German car I've had in the past. Adequate acceleration and good gas milage for a V6. I'm still not wedded to American cars but will certainly give Mercury/Ford a close look when its time to replace.

Ford Forever

DaveK, 11/19/2009

I bought this car for my wife almost 2 years ago. We have not had any problems with this car. In the first 9 months we had it I was broad sided on the passenger side. The car held up GREAT. No injuries and thankfully the car was repairable with no signs there was ever an accident. We have taken it through the mountains with no problem (had 2 men's bags and 2 women's - equates to everything but the kitchen sink - and still got 34 MPG over 700 miles). I love this car so muchmy brother just ditched his Malibu and bought one just like it, except he sprung for the V6 which is also quite awesome.

great car

johndobek, 11/27/2009

i have had this car for a couple years now and i love it. rides great and handles better. its a perfect blend of performance and luxury. the one thing that stands out is how quiet the car is. owning not as long as i have i don't realize it until i get into my wife's jetta. there is no wind noise!

Smooth

DP, 01/07/2007

Absolutely satisfied. This car runs so quietly and smooth and it looks good. It is a nice blend of style and performance.

My “NASCAR edition “ Milan

Pete Musick, 03/13/2018
Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great used car; bought in February of 2016 with 97k miles on it. I use it primarily for commuting about 50 miles a day to work and back home. AC need fixed(temp.evap. sensor replaced) in September ‘16 ; only oil changes every 5k miles since then.

This Car Kept Me Safe!

Madelaine, 07/20/2018
Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car treated me so well in the year that I owned it. It was a smooth ride with tight steering and excellent braking. I never had any issues with it and I took it in for regular maintenance. The interior is spacious and appealing. When I was T-boned, it kept me safe, although there is a recall on the airbag, so the passenger side airbag (where I was hit) did not blow. The only downside is that there is no aux cord. Other than that, I loved this car! I highly recommend it.

Not so happy

hockey mom, 04/21/2008

I have had my Milan for a almost 2 years now and can't wait to get rid of it. We travel a lot, and the passenger seat is terribly uncomfortable. The seats are not designed very well and the headrest is not alligned properly. The handling in the snow is the worst I have ever dealt with.

Best bang for the buck

kirby, 10/09/2006

I decided it was time to get out my SUV and look for a more fuel efficient vehicle. I looked at several makes and models and thought the Milan was the best bang for the $$

2007 transmission gone

DBBeauregard, 09/05/2017
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

2007 Mercury Milan with less than 100,000 and the transmission is gone. Will never buy a Ford product again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to be a manual tranny

herb's milan, 07/31/2008

i bought my vivid red base Milan back in October of 2007 as a dealer demo with 2914 miles on it, and I now have a total of 8000 miles. The gas mileage is outstanding, averaging between 21-24 in stop & go driving, and what a shocker, I get between 36-42 mpg on the highway. The car has a great ride, just make sure the tire pressure stays at 30psi. The power is just fine, as I have already gotten a speeding ticket while shifting gears. Aat 6-ft tall, the driver's seat is excellent.

An excellent car

WarrenM, 09/27/2008

I have owned this car for 1 year now. No problems at all. It handles well, is very quiet and comfortable and gets great gas mileage. Had not intended to buy a Mercury but I am very happy I did. It has been a pleasure to own this car in comparison to the troublesome and expensive to own and maintain Volkswagen Passat that it replaced.

Great car!

Mark, 11/26/2008

We were looking for better mpg in our vehicles, but don't like to compromise comfort and options. We found a dealer demo Milan and loved it from the test drive. Great highway mpg 31-35. Love the interior, very roomy and comfortable, and stylish with two-tone leather seats. No problems with this car and it really stands out from the crowd with great exterior styling. 4 cyl. engine has plenty of power for our driving needs. Looks like we will have this car for a long time. Quality and options make this a great value for your money.

Best in Class

Average Joe, 12/31/2008

Campared to similar vehicles in this class this is the best I've owned for the price. Smooth, quiet, plenty of room, good performance, fit and finish is very good. Great styling inside and out. Great sound and satellite radio is a plus. I'll be driving this for years.

Great Little Car

patmass7, 03/22/2009

I'm used to driving a luxury car but due to change in lifestyles I had to downsize. The Mercury Milan is a great vehicle to drive with just enough bells & whistles to make it comfortable. It has a large trunk that opens into the backseat so I could haul things. Nice leg room and rides smoothly. Would like to have more pick-up when passing but it does the job for a 4cyl. Sweet little car.

Great overall car

S. Runion, 04/04/2009

I've driven this car for a bit over two years with no complaints. It's gone back to dealer only for service. I can't understand people saying lack of power. The 3.0 with 6 speed trans. has lots of get-up-and-go. Improvements desired? A thermometer display and more accessory outlets.

Great value, great car

chris caggiano, 01/27/2008

After owning two Nissan Maximas in a row, their size and price had balooned beyond my needs. I never thought about Mercury until I did my homework and test drove the Milan. Handling is competent and accurate, ride is very comfortable but not sloppy and cabin noise is nill. The 6 cyl engine mates well with the 6 speed automatic. To my ear it produces a better note than the CVTs in Nissans, etc. Fit and finish are outstanding. For some reason this car looks best in dark colors. So far,after ten months, no repairs or problems.

Very satified

daveo, 02/01/2008

Having owned Ford Tarus before I decided to try a Mercury. The V-6 has plenty of power and when you want to get going at Interstate speeds just kick it and the motor answers back. The ride is excellent. Seats are very comfortable. The exterior appearance has a very sporty look. This Mercury is not your Father's Mmercury. I love just driving the car each and every time I set behind the wheel. The V-6 24 valve engine is very lively. What a fun car.

Classy & Comfortable

Sherry, 11/10/2006

I purchased my vehicle 2 weeks ago and I have to say, this is indeed the best car I've ever bought! Very Classy, sophisticated, and reliable. I could take a long road trip in this vehicle and be comfortable the entire time. Plenty of power, everything is easily accessible, steering wheel mounted controls are a must! The only thing I would request in future vehicles is the outside temperature reading. Other than that, this car is outstanding!

Nice Car

Clyde, 02/22/2007

Like the styling, inside and out. Decided to buy it before actually seeing it by reading the reviews. Fun to drive, and the wife really likes it! Got it in red and black leather with the wood simulated dash - the only way to go. Looks great! Price was great. Great power for a 4 cylinder automatic. Contrary to some reviews, the acceleration is quite adequate. Wish it had a garage door opener, an electric passenger seat, a tighter turning circle, and fold away side mirrors. Tough to handle in tight spots when parking. Overall this car is the one of the best kept secrets out there. Don't see very many yet. A great buy and a lot of fun to drive.

51050