Used 2017 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Sprinter for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

1 Year Old Cargo Van 30K miles 10 X Repairs !!!

Unhappy Sprinter 2500, 07/29/2017
2500 144 WB Cargo 3dr Van (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Mercedes Benz is hiding in plain sight behind their Tri-Star Badge. In the past this was a respected Brand BUT today you are better off moving to a different Brand as these vehicles are absolute JUNK. I purchased a New 2017 Sprinter 2500 and after only 30K miles and 1 YEAR of ownership my CARGO High Roof Van has visited the Dealer 10 times for Check Engine Light, Steering Column replacement, a plethora of electronic issues and black Gunk dripping out of the roof ribs in the Cargo area - leaking black sealant on tools and NEW Product for my clients. Told by Mercedes Dealer that my van is not a problem child. I even tried to trade my van in at the dealer I purchased from and was told by the Sales Manager that they did not want my van as they could not resell it with all the problems it has. I went through MBUSA and they basically have done nothing to stand behind their product. DO NOT BUY MERCEDES - BAD PRODUCT - BUILT POORLY - POOR QUALITY.

Conversion Van Mercedes Benz (MB) & RoadTrek (RT)

Jimmie, 11/14/2018
3500 XD 170" WB Cargo w/High Roof 3dr Ext Van 4WD DRW (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We looked at alternatives to a Class B vehicle before we bought out MB/RT. I have friends in the golf sales industry that had this vehicle with 400K miles on it and said the same thing, "love my Sprinter, its not cheap on repairs but it rarely has problems". So we looked and settled on the 4 wheel drive 3500 extended cab modified to a class B by RT. We've had very few problems to this point with the exception of the cooling system and the front end alignment. During our first trip with the vehicle to Nova Scotia on a hot day we'd turn the cooling system down to 60. After approximately an hour at cold the system would shut down then turn itself on again. The system turned itself off, it was so the compressor wouldn't freeze. After replacing the module that issue went away. During the same trip we noticed front end tire wear. We took the van in and had a front end alignment at 9,000 miles and thought we had solved the problem. After 16,500 miles the front tires are junk. We're currently sitting in a MB dealer having the tires replaced and another front end alignment. We'll determine the extent of the problem and reopen this review after we put more miles on the vehicle. We started to notice another quirk on this same trip. We would park on an incline and when we would start the vehicle on a cool morning the vehicles turbo wouldn't run. You could stand on the accelerator pedal and nothing would happen. Eventually the turbo would activate and you could move. It happened twice and has yet to return. Upon consulting a technician we were told basically that the system wouldn't operate until it was warmed up and then the turbo would activate.

Class action law suit

Disappointed Mercedes Benz owner, 06/03/2018
2500 170" WB Cargo w/High Roof 3dr Van (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Don't buy a sprinter van. We had trouble with our 4x4 van within 1 month. I brought in van 5 times and dealer can't find problem. The van hesitates and skips in all weather, terrains and with/without loads upon acceleration or just driving. We used a loaner sprinter van that was not a 4xr and that one skipped randomly too. Even the guy who sold us the van admitted that "Yeah, we've been having trouble with those vans". We called Mercedes Benz corporate and complained. They gave us the run around with no solutions. Now we are proceeding with a lemon law complaint with our states attorney general's office. It's been a nightmare dealing with Mercedes Benz. They know there is a problem.

Mercedes-Benz’ s / Freightliner’s Best Value

97420, 04/23/2018
2500 144" WB Cargo 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The Sprinter is a Mercedes Commercial duty vehicle. This is a no nonsense rig, with awesome versatility and fairly cheap operating costs. I purchased our 2015 V6, used with only 25 miles on the odometer. We bought ours so we can fit our family and our son’s wheelchair, with an Under Vehicle Lift (UVL) we had installed. We also transport heavy shipping boxes as a side business. With 6’2-6’4 interior ceiling height we can carry lots of stuff and with a 2600 pound payload capacity our 2500 Sprinter can out carry the Transit Diesel and still pull 5000 pounds, which is also more than the Transit T350 Diesel. We have driven just short of 30,000 miles the first year, with average city and hwy mileage around 20 mpg. On a recent 3000 mile trip to Banff, Canada we averaged an easy and unbeatable 25 mpg, loaded with extra fuel, food, luggage and family. We’ve had absolutely no problems with this rig, having the oil changed every 20,000 and with awesome Mercedes dealership customer service and brand new Mercedes loaner cars given during the time our oil is changed and service done. Treat your rig right and it will pay off in the long run. The driving position is far better than the Transit and I know I’ll get more miles out of this Sprinter and enjoy looking at it far longer than the Ford. This rig handles unbelievably stable in corners and it is actually enjoyable to drive sporty. Update: Manufactures post the minimum for oil change requirements, so I have began changing oil at 10,000 mile intervals, taking advantage of the many coupons and service sales that MB mails out. I am approaching 60,000 miles and have had only 1 part that has needed replaced- (under warranty) somewhere in the front climate control. Annoyingly, the navigation unit module (located In the glove compartment) occasionally resets itself. The front seats remain very supportive, I hope to upgrade the rear seats in the future to captain chairs, via the many aftermarket options. On two recent occasions, I removed the rear seats to move a friend’s two couches and her other furniture. The rear seats are heavy, requiring two strong adults, or an an engine lift, as I use, to move them in and out. If my Sprinter was destroyed for some reason, I would buy another.