2017 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:

Class action law suit
By Disappointed Mercedes Benz owner

2017 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van 2500 170" WB Cargo w/High Roof 3dr Van (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Don't buy a sprinter van. We had trouble with our 4x4 van within 1 month. I brought in van 5 times and dealer can't find problem. The van hesitates and skips in all weather, terrains and with/without loads upon acceleration or just driving. We used a loaner sprinter van that was not a 4xr and that one skipped randomly too. Even the guy who sold us the van admitted that "Yeah, we've been having trouble with those vans". We called Mercedes Benz corporate and complained. They gave us the run around with no solutions. Now we are proceeding with a lemon law complaint with our states attorney general's office. It's been a nightmare dealing with Mercedes Benz. They know there is a problem.

Mercedes-Benz’ s / Freightliner’s Best Value
By 97420

2017 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van 2500 144" WB Cargo 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The Sprinter is a Mercedes Commercial duty vehicle. This is a no nonsense rig, with awesome versatility and cheap operating costs. I purchased our 2015 6-cylinder used with only 25 miles on the odometer. We bought ours so we can fit our family and our son’s wheelchair, with a Under Vehicle Lift installed. We also transport heavy shipping boxes as a side business. With 6’2-6’4 interior ceiling height we can carry lots of stuff and with a 2600 pound payload capacity our 2500 Sprinter can carry more than the Transit Diesel and still pull 5000 pounds, which is also more than the Transit T350 Diesel. We have driven just short of 30,000 miles the first year, with average city and hwy mileage around 20 mpg. On a recent 3000 mile trip to Banff, Canada we averaged an easy and unbeatable 25 mpg, loaded with extra fuel, food, luggage and family. We’ve had absolutely no problems with this rig, having the oil changed every 20,000 and with awesome Mercedes dealership customer service and brand new Mercedes loaner cars given during the time our oil is changed and service done. Treat your rig right and it will pay off in the long run. The driving position is far better than the Transit and I know I’ll get more miles out of this Sprinter and enjoy looking at it far longer than the Ford.

1 Year Old Cargo Van 30K miles 10 X Repairs !!!
By Unhappy Sprinter 2500

2017 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van 2500 144" WB Cargo 3dr Van (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Mercedes Benz is hiding in plain sight behind their Tri-Star Badge. In the past this was a respected Brand BUT today you are better off moving to a different Brand as these vehicles are absolute JUNK. I purchased a New 2017 Sprinter 2500 and after only 30K miles and 1 YEAR of ownership my CARGO High Roof Van has visited the Dealer 10 times for Check Engine Light, Steering Column replacement, a plethora of electronic issues and black Gunk dripping out of the roof ribs in the Cargo area - leaking black sealant on tools and NEW Product for my clients. Told by Mercedes Dealer that my van is not a problem child. I even tried to trade my van in at the dealer I purchased from and was told by the Sales Manager that they did not want my van as they could not resell it with all the problems it has. I went through MBUSA and they basically have done nothing to stand behind their product. DO NOT BUY MERCEDES - BAD PRODUCT - BUILT POORLY - POOR QUALITY.