Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

The Best Luxury Car Ever.
By Louis27

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Saying that the new S Class Mercedes Benz is lavish is an understatement. For me this has to be by far the best luxury sedan. I also have a 2006 750 BMW that I think its great in every sense of the word. But I like the S Class a little bit more. This is a better car than the older S Class Mercedes Benz in every possible way. It handles better, rides better, fit and finished, the sound system, navigation, and all of the controls.

I have to say everything about this car. The styling is phenomenal inside and outside. The navigation or “Command System” works great, I have my phone book in it and the fact that I can make a phone call by voice commands, change the temperature on my climate control, change radio stations, etc.

So far, I have to say nothing. Great car.

Issues with Suspension
By MBZs550SoCal

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased my 2007 S550 9/06. I have read many posts about front suspension issues. My vehicle starting making noise fron the front wheels. At first it sounded like a squeek and then got worse. Sometimes it goes away, then comes back. The first time I took it in they said it was an issue with a bolt on the suspension they tightened. I was suspicious. I got the car back and sure enough the issue was not resolved. I took it in last week for the same problem. Now, they got the shop forman in the issue and guess what, they are changing the entire front chasis. I have interior ratle noise and humming too.

The car is an amazing vehicle. If you get this car with the rear sunroof, make sure you get the car in black. It matches perfectly and won't look like a cop car. I had back problems before I got this car. I no longer do. Seats are excellent. Silent strong engine.

My dad's Toyota Camry comes standard with bluetooth technology built in. Shame on Mercedes. Voice Recognition is useless! Humming noise in car, Rattles. Power issue on steep inclines from dead start.

An awesome hi-tech rocket
By Charles Sutnick

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The new interior is awesome. Little clutter. Wonderful adjustable mood lighting all aroud the dash and four doors. Acceleration is like a rocket. There are tri-dundant ways to operate various systems like audio, navigation and telephone. The LCD navigation display is crystal clear. Entering addresses for some destinations can be difficult if you don't know the zipcode. The quality of the built-in Bluetooth phone inferface is excellent. I actually get 26.6 mpg on the highway with the cruise control set at 70 mph. That's 2.4 mpg better than the window sticker predicts.

Cornering lamps that come on when vehicle slows to 25 mph. When the turn is over, they fade out slowly. New quick touch lane change feature: just quickly tap the turn signal lever and it flashes 3 times.

Larger outside rearview mirrors. A full-size spare tire.

Not Perfect
By Jay

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

There are some things about this car that are exceptional. Engine, drive train, performance, handling and styling are all terrific. MB has also done a really nice job with the electronics. I could figure out how to use all of the controls without the manual. The less good news. Stereo sound should be better. XM radio doesn't work well if you have many trees in your area. Dashboard dials look worse than my old E class. Materials on interior aren't noticably better than on my old E class. The biggest beef I have with the car is that it has some squeaks and rattles in the dash and doors. This is unaccepatble in a car of this price/class.

Performance, styling, operation of electronics.

Front seats could be more comfortable. Stereo, dashboard, build quality all need attention.

Best car I've ever had
By Bill

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I've had my car since October of '06 and it has not had one problem. Amazing. Power is unbelievable, ride likewise.

Shift lever on column makes using paddles much easier than my 2004 Lexus LS430 which required you to reach down an look to see what you were doing. 0-60 speed.

Keep up the good work. It's about time Mercedes!