Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Very disapointed with Mercedes E350 2006 4matic
By Lionel Fabius

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this card 1 year and 3 month ago for 9300. dollars. took it to the dealer for check-up, they did not find much wrong with it except for about 1100.00 dollars worth of work. I did the repairs to put it in tip-top shape. Thinking Mercedes has the reputation to last. The car was running well, looks in perfect condition and was running well, 86,000 miles when I bought it. I expect to have repairs with a used car, but not powertrain problem with a Mercedes at 92,000 miles and computer issues. The car has a lot of computer issues that controls everything. The transmission would not upshift pass third gear and the check engine light comes on and the rpm revs up, but it would not pass 35 miles. My mechanic said the computer card that controls the transmission needs to be replaced, it cost 1800.00 to fix. I have seen a lot of reviews with other people having the same problem and Mercedes won't fix it. As a matter of fact, lots of people appear to have problem with the engine also which cost even more. My last Ford explorer had 140,000 miles and no problem with the engine or the transmission. My advice , Buy American Cars. Mercedes is not what it used to be. There is only a reputation left.

2006 E350 with 48k miles
By Eugene

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my very first MB. got a great deal on a 2006 e350 RWD with 48k miles original in May of 2017... this car is amazing. but when something brakes it can brake your wallet. if you can work on it yourself or find a local mechanic it can be worth it. I also own a Lexus ES and would rather recommend that over this Mercedes. Just know the 06 e350 has a major motor issue. I was able to sell mine and get my money back for what I paid for it.

Never will buy any Mercedes benz everagain.
By Mario

Love this car!!!
By Dave

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 92k and now has 102k. This thing is still like a new car. Best 8 grand ever spent.

Mercedes does NOT stand behind their products
By david suazo

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Its a great car but this year model has too many problems. Mercedes does not stand behind their cars. I had to replace the balance shaft which cost me $4,500 because Mercedes made a design flaw. They eventually had a class action law suite succeed but they refused to fix my car. There was also a recall on the brake pump , again they refused to honor the recall saying they could not get the correct code. 1 year later I had a catastrophic brake failure on the high way. Again they refused to fix it even though there was a recall. I called Mercedes headquarters in New Jersey, they again refused to honor there recall. I am very disappointed in Mercedes Benz, it appears all they want is your money but do not stand behind there products.