Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel Consumer Reviews

E320 CDI 3.2L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic - (61 reviews )

Life with Leisel the Deisel
By Jan G. Rogers

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased my 2006 320 CDI with 135,000 miles on it. Having done so I went to a highly recommended shop and told them I wanted the car returned to showroom condition. $ 5,000 later I own a truly great car. I recently fixed the 250,000km badge on her grille and I am as pleased two years later, as I was the day I got her. That initial work included four new tires replacing tires that were not designed for the car, a front end, correct windshield wipers and a stem to stern check of all systems and adjustments. The secret to my satisfaction is continued preventive maintenance by a highly skilled technician--not the local Mercedes dealer about whom the horror stories are endless. I drive the 25 miles to get my car worked on by real experts. Recently discovered the cost of a lost key--obscene. But despite its age this car runs like a new car, all systems work. Some things like the GPS system is antiquated and worthless--but it still works. I plan to put a lot of miles on this car.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By bubba Smith

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car is a tank. Great mileage, very safe,and a vehicle I will put at least 250,000 miles on. I bought this car new in 2006 and it is my far the best automotive investment I have ever made. Don't waste your money on short term 48 month ( or shorter) leases. Buy a solid Mercedes and drive it for 10 plus years.

My Benz
By William Stoos

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Got an amazing 44.9 mpg recently on one trip. Handles like a dream and great acceleration. You could drive this car across country at 95 mph and it would purr along all day.

MY MACHINE TROUBLE FREE
By OLUSEGUN SALAMI

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car is machine and as power to do what ever other car in higher years can do, do better than most 2015 vehicles.
GREAT MACHINE GREAT CAR, GREAT TECHNOLOGY.

Love my car
By groovycoolbean

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought this car as a used car at a dealership. Got an excellent price. Has over 126k miles but drives like new. Everything works like new. The interior is in pristine condition. For people who spill the occasional drink the stainguard on the floor mat works marvelously.
The gas mileage is averaging 35 mph with a/c in Phoenix at speeds averaging 70 mph. I read previously an issue with that but I haven't experienced it. I drive 80 roundtrip miles daily and this car is perfect for it. My carpool buddy loves how comfortable the seats can be for his naps on the way home. The overhead lighting for the back seat passengers is very helpful for passengers to navigate maps, etc while I'm driving.

Sound system, cd player is great quality. The torque and stability when accelerating is amazing. We get to 80mph before we merge onto the freeway if we're not paying attention. The gas mileage is fantastic averaging 35-42 mpgs at speeds ranging between 65 mph to 80 mph. The seat comfort features are great for long drives. Lots of lighting for night driving. Handling on turns and curves is amazing.

Too many ashtrays. I laughed at how many ashtrays are in the car. No bluetooth connection and the optional phone addition is too expensive (Mercedes-Benz dealer quoted me $1200.00). The 12V adapter isn't very good for charging phones, very slow.