Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel Consumer Reviews

E320 CDI 3.2L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic - (62 reviews )

+550,000 Miles and Still Going STRONG
By Christian Hans Koerner

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Diesel Mercedes ARE the Cheapest Cars on the ROAD ! Period. I've retained all receipts, fuel ( +$60,000 in 10 years, average 70,000 per yr) Maintenance, etc. Cost per mile is lowest of any car I've driven, from VW Jetta Diesel, Jeep GC, Tahoe's, Camry, etc. Recently replaced ORIGINAL Turbo and Starter. Engine, knock on wood, has never been opened, Tranny rebuilt at 400,000 because I drive like a German. The only thing I would change is the TAXES on Diesel. Since I burn LESS FUEL, Why does the Federal Govt and State charge me more, don't they want us Commoners to use LESS FUEL ?!?!?!

Life with Leisel the Deisel
By Jan G. Rogers

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased my 2006 320 CDI with 135,000 miles on it. Having done so I went to a highly recommended shop and told them I wanted the car returned to showroom condition. $ 5,000 later I own a truly great car. I recently fixed the 250,000km badge on her grille and I am as pleased two years later, as I was the day I got her. That initial work included four new tires replacing tires that were not designed for the car, a front end, correct windshield wipers and a stem to stern check of all systems and adjustments. The secret to my satisfaction is continued preventive maintenance by a highly skilled technician--not the local Mercedes dealer about whom the horror stories are endless. I drive the 25 miles to get my car worked on by real experts. Recently discovered the cost of a lost key--obscene. But despite its age this car runs like a new car, all systems work. Some things like the GPS system is antiquated and worthless--but it still works. I plan to put a lot of miles on this car.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By bubba Smith

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car is a tank. Great mileage, very safe,and a vehicle I will put at least 250,000 miles on. I bought this car new in 2006 and it is my far the best automotive investment I have ever made. Don't waste your money on short term 48 month ( or shorter) leases. Buy a solid Mercedes and drive it for 10 plus years.

My Benz
By William Stoos

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Got an amazing 44.9 mpg recently on one trip. Handles like a dream and great acceleration. You could drive this car across country at 95 mph and it would purr along all day.

MY MACHINE TROUBLE FREE
By OLUSEGUN SALAMI

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car is machine and as power to do what ever other car in higher years can do, do better than most 2015 vehicles.
GREAT MACHINE GREAT CAR, GREAT TECHNOLOGY.