2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Nightmare warranty issues

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

C250 Sport Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 7-speed Automatic)

Nightmare warranty issues
By 06mustang on

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Updated after 4 years/40k miles...

I've always loved MB, and so have many friends and family.
After selling my favorite car ever, a 1972 280SEL that I helped get back on the road with my own hands, I decided to jump on the C250 when I needed a new commuter.

From the first drive off the lot, the car pulled strongly to the right.
I've owned and driven many types of cars/trucks.
I've never experienced one this bad, and it was a MB and brand new.
Unfortunately, the nightmare became reality when I went from one dealership to another and racked up more miles driving to dealerships in teh LA area just trying to get it fixed under warranty.

Compared to the new C series, which I've driven plenty of times for various reasons, I always wind up preferring mine. I could see people who are in the market for an entry level luxury car to enjoy the newer C series, but what I like about mine is the sporty suspension and handling from the factory, much more than the 3 series BMWfrom 2012-2013 years (the icon of 'sport luxury).

Aside from the nightmare of dealing with all the horrible dealers, due to that alignment/suspension issue, the car itself is great. The nearest two dealers in Orange County, CA (Long Beach and Fletcher Jones/Newport Beach) are OK AT BEST. I normally go to Laguna Niguel for peace of mind with issues (maintenance, questions). I would warn fiscally conserative people to be wary of buying a used one. 1. it could be a loaner, which all MB dealers have. 2. they are always a mystery. 3. German cars are very sophisticated and designed to be expensive post-warranty. Fords/Chevys are not, and use more modular parts to keep the repair costs down. If you find one owned by a grandma since new, thumbs up. ANyone else, forget it. I love mine, but I would never buy a Rolex from an unauthorized dealer.

• Acceleration
  • Active safety
  • Rain snow traction

• Headlights
  • Dealership support

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review