Used 1992 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews

$926 - $1,610

Used MPV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Last of The Best

3.0 3dr MiniVan, 11/29/2009

I bought this van as a second car fixer-upper. I was surprised at the 3.0 engine coming back to life with a new a/c compressor, cooling system transplant, new belts, and hoses, and a simple tune-up. This mpv has a power button transmission option for towing trailers which I had serviced for $43. Has enough room for my family of 5 to travel around Florida at easy with our luggage. Great van, truck & addition to our family. I recommend this mpv van renovation to any family who wants a minivan/truck 4 under $6000.

Better luck elsewhere

dpjazzsax, 04/30/2002

My 1992 MPV is my second Mazda van (along with my 4 cyl. 1989 which was a much more reliable vehicle) and is a reasonably comfortable and good-driving minivan. But a new engine top end at 35K miles, new automatic transmission at 66K miles, annual air conditioning recharges/repairs, timing belt breaks at 40K miles, etc. were the main problems. And I REALLY maintained this vehicle well. Mazda corp. cusomer service was also less than stellar when I asked for some adjustment on the transmission and was told "too bad". My cost to drive was only a little less than the payment on my new Toyota Matrix XRS!

definetly reliable, a real workhorse.

john , 06/10/2002

I DONT KNOW WHAT THESE OTHER GUYS ARE COMPLAING ABOUT .I BOUGHT MINE AT 120K AND HAVE DRIVEN IT FOR FIVE YEARS WITH ONLY A TIMING BELT BREAKING AT 128K.NOT A BIG DEAL.NVER FAILED TO START.EASY TO WORK ON,REAR WHEEL DRIVE.GOOD WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION,PREDICTABLE HANDLING.AN EXCELLENT VEHICLE THAT HAS GOT SOME DECENT FEATURES.I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYBODY.

MPV is Reliable

felishia, 09/10/2002

I've had this vehicle for almost 10 years now and it has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

Very dependable vehicle

Borme, 10/04/2002

I purchased this minivan with about 70000 miles on it and now have about 178000. I have found it to be a very reliable vehicle, with the engine and the transmission still being original. It could use a little more power, but as I approach 200000 miles I can not complain about the service it has given our family. Our opinion is that it is a nicer, more comfortable van to drive than other vans of the same age.