Skip to main content
$35,630

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Big bang for the buck!

SNP, 05/03/2022
Carbon Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Been driving my 2022 CX-9 Carbon Edition for three weeks now and I very satisfied with my purchase. I was a little nervous in in taking the plunge on this vehicle since the current iteration has been around for quite some time. I traded in a 2019 Passport Elite which I must say was a fine vehicle. It was super dependable, has storage for days and was easy to drive whether it was to the grocery store or on a road trip to the Carolinas. The Honda was like wearing your favorite pair if khakis; it never let you down, comfortable and not the least bit flashy. One must admit however the Passport especially the Elite model does exude an aura of style, toughness and personality that most Honda's do not. All praise for the Honda aside, honestly I do not miss it at all. The CX-9 (Carbon Edition especially) looks great, drives great, feels and handles like a much smaller vehicle. My Honda felt strong and sturdy while the Mazda in comparison feels quick and nimble. According to all reports the Honda is actually faster 0-60 than the Mazda but you would never know it by the way they feel. The CX-9 is quite and comfortablre and I cannot wait to get it on a road trip to Michigan in a couple months. I can nitpick a few items on the Mazda that are all generally small annoyances. The inside storage (center console and doors) is well below average and again in comparison to the Honda, miles behind it. The good news is with less space I will not store so much junk and perhaps my car will stay cleaner! Doors feel light and often times find myself seemingly having to slam them shut to get them to close properly. The 3rd row cupholders are really unnecessary and all they do it eat up potential storage space in the rear of the vehicle making it feel somewhat narrow. I'm sure the 2023 updated CX-9 (or CX-90) and other new Mazda SUV's will be fantastic vehicles too but it's not hard to see what there are so many CX-9's and CX-5's on the road today. The CX-9 still feels and looks like it belongs and the drive confirms my decision every time I get behind the wheel. Dollar for dollar, feature for feature you will be hard pressed to find anything with such a combination of satisfying drive, adequate space, contemporary looks for the money!

Good SUV

mike, 01/25/2022
Touring Plus 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Impressed with Mazda so far! Great handling sporty ride drives like a luxury suv. Interior very upscale.

Terrible MPG

new CX-9 owner, 06/16/2022
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently bought a brand new 2022 CX-9 grand touring last month (all 2022s are AWD). I have about 1,000 miles on it now. I totally baby it. I have tried all types of gas. The tires are inflated perfectly. I barely touch the gas peddle as often as possible. I coast to lights and stops and try constantly to up my MPG. The first couple weeks I was averaging 14MPG combined. Now I am up to 18MPG combined. My mix is 80% highway and 20% city. I was almost going to by a Yukon but the MPG my dad was averaging on his 2022 was only 19mpg on the AWD gas version. So I decided against it due to the bad MPG. Now I have a smaller vehicle (CX-9), with a smaller engine (2.5 T) and less HP and the MPG is even worse!! The MPG ratings are such lies. This is a real review and not embellished at all. Good luck in your search.

2022 MAZDA CX-9
At a Glance:
  • $35,280starting MSRP
Search InventoryMAZDAUSA.COM
MSRP excludes taxes, title, license fees and $1,225 destination charge (Alaska $1,270). Vehicle shown may be priced higher. Actual dealer price will vary. See dealer for complete details.

Just bought the last model of the CR-9

FireStation46 , 01/19/2022
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Hard negotiations. I refused the $3k the dealer added for pretty useless add-ins. Got it below MSRP. Got it as it rolled off the delivery truck. $33k all-in for the Sports Edition. Old style gas cap and to open you have to hit the switch under the steering wheel, the Chevy Equinox was a better system. You have to hit the key fob’s little side button to open and unlock the car unlike the easy Equinox keyless feature. Hard to see the open/lock buttons. Sirius/XM not available at this level vehicle. I got the app stream to my IPhone cheaper than the Equinox set up. Roomy, powerful for a 4 cylinder. Getting 21 MPG. Nice 3rd row gives more passenger space than the Equinox, room for the twins baby seats.

Mazda cx9

Jose, 02/04/2022
Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my new cx9