Used 2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quattroporte model:

Great Car
By WL

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought with 12k now have 35k. Amazing car reliable strong engine. Really underrated as far as i am concerned. Keep the load off the battery by starting the car with everything off and give it a minute thru the check once your turn they 🔑 on. Car will run great. Leave tender on battery in winter. Would never sell it.

Drive it right and it will treat you well
By Dominic

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my QP used with 7k miles - the warning was clear about replacing the clutch at 30k or less. I drive a lot and have always used the manual/ sport mode. My first clutch lasted to 96k miles and then at 150k I replaced the clutch again. I am at 170k and going strong. I have had to replace the A/C compressor twice and the A/C actuators. I love the car but even just regular maintenance is costly.

You will LOVE the Quattroporte!
By Rpjnvy

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Executive GT 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

If you love to DRIVE a spirited, vibrant car, one that smells like a great car should, one that sounds like a great car should, one that pleases your eye from every angle, every time, every day...then go get a 2006 Quattroporte! This is a rare and beautiful bird that you will find expensive to fix, but they don't break often..mine has had all the recalls done, and I found the clutch wear has been very acceptable....and clutches will be your most regular, costly expense ($5000 or so) very 30000 miles if you drive it smart, and in manual-sport..which listen that was this was designed to be driven in..if you need to used the AUTO button, get a 2007 or later with a true auto tranny. You are going to love this car!

Horrible quality
By demon5332

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Executive GT 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought car with 38k miles and now have 45k miles. Car history looked like it had regular service as late as 36k miles at a Ferrari dealer. Since purchasing it I have replaced a shift actuator (10k part) an f1 pump, driver side door handle. The window wash sprayers do not work so some switch inside steering wheel broken. Massage seat on driver has not worked since purchase. Just started hearing air in back window and it wouldn't roll up so back window I've never used probably now needs a new window regulator. And clutch needs replacement. Off a stop the car has horrible at best acceleration and lurches even when using the manual and sport mode properly. Also interior in rear falling apart.

Looks of front end.

Not build lemons and charge people ridiculous amounts of money for said lemon. How do things in back of car break and have interior falling apart when no one is even back there? All these parts failing is ridiculous with 38k miles.

Love my Mazzio
By jhuffdoc

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a manual transmission car which was not available in the list.
All 2006 QP's were.
I bought this with 1200 miles and have driven it daily.
I still love to look at it and drive it!

I was surprized at my first clutch and rear brakes having lasted only 12,000 miles, but chalk that up to showing friends the new car performance, it's been much better since.
It's rear brake biased and
those brakes and tires wear twice as fast as fronts, which was not expected.

There have been some irritations such as window regulators going out, a short in the wiring to the trunk lid, and valets breaking the reverse switch.

Regular maintenance is important and pays off in the long run.

The style is fabulous. This car still draws attention and I live in an area with pleanty of exotics on the road. I love the F1 transmission and enjoy the being able to shift when desired at times when I feel like really driving the car. I also enjoy the road feel when I get a chance to get on the twisty roads. This is a sedan which can accommodate 5 people but I feel I can manuver as well as many GT cars and certainly much better than any other sedan. This is a drivers car. Though I don't do it often, it's fun to know it's there when I want; power and performance handling. Once you get to know this car it can be a blast to put into an occasional drift. Yes, drift!

I must admit to wishing I had 2 cup holders. Big deal, and they've done that with models which have the automatic. I could use more trunk space, but where to get that?? I'd like more reliability in some parts such as the window regulator mechanism. One should'n have trouble with those at 35K miles in the rear when there have seldom been passengers there to use it. The reverse back up switch is not placed well, and too easily broken by valets. I'd suggest a simple button on the dash rather than the chrome football lever on the console. Sometimes the defrost and heating combination doesn't seem to get the job done. Air conditioning is fine but at 40 deg. balance can be awkward.