Used 2013 Lexus RX 450h SUV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lexus RX 450h SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:

Hybrids Rock
By SG

2013 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is one of the most quiet vehicles I have ever driven and it is fun to drive since I try to have it run on battery as much as possible to get the best MPG. The MPG is excellent (34 MPG) when in the city and okay when on the highway (30 MPG) and the gas engine kicks in. We bought this vehicle used, but it was low mileage (26,000) for a 2013 vehicle and we anticipate having many years of use from this vehicle. This is our 4th Lexus and we LOVE the brand even though we know it will be a little pricey for long-term maintenance.

Better than Mercedes,BMW
By Mahesh Raj

Simply Delivers
By j Monroe

2013 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Lexus quality and luxury throughout

A Joy Every Day
By John Urice

2013 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My biggest gripe about this car is that when Lexus redesign this year it omitted the sunglasses holder. That's about it for complaints. I have just under 40K on it and it NEVER been to the dealer for any kind of repair or warranty work. I have only had routine 5K and 10K maintenance. The OEM tires are NOT great in snow and ice, but I bought a set of modestly priced winter tires on rims so once in "Hybrid Snow" mode, it drives great in all kinds of weather. It is about as comfortable as one can get under $100K. I love it.

Update, October, 2016: For a variety of reasons, I sold my Lexus privately. My primary reason was my age. I recognize, which some of my peers do not, that my vision and reflexes are slowly declining. I have driven 54 years without a chargeable accident, and wanted to keep it that way. So I sold my Lexus to a friend at the top end of the "private sale" range to buy a car with auto-stop and other safety features. I still loved the Lexus and happily recommend to others. I considered a new one, but was simply put off by the new "aggressive" styling on the exterior and the lack of a harmonious design in the cockpit.

2 years and 34000 miles
By Clint

2013 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

MPG 25-26 (mostly freeway traffic). Not enough room for car seats if you are a driver with long legs. Surprised by the low trade in value just months after purchase. Services are expensive, but the dealership treats you like royalty! Rear storage is really cramped. Only able to fit two strollers and a backpack. Rear shock was found to be leaking at 30000 miles and was replaced under warranty. It's not a sporty SUV. But it does drive nice, quiet and feels safe.