Used 2013 Lexus RX 450h SUV Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:

AWESOME Lexus 450h
By VKey

2013 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my 2013 Lexus RX 450h used. We purchased it in September of 2017 with only 26,000 miles on it. I average 28-30 mpg in City and about 27-29 HWY. We live on a very busy highway and there are times you have to really 'gun" it it get in the road because of all the traffic. This was my concern that there wouldn't be enough power on demand when I needed it. NO PROBLEM ... squealed tires not thinking it would get down. Even though I have only owned this SUV for about 6 weeks, I am not disappointed in performance, looks or comfort. I feel that we got our money's worth and would most definitely purchase again.

Best Buy 2013 hybrid SUV 450 Lexus
By C caywood

Rare car in demand

The comfortable tireless driving experience.
By NateJG

2013 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Let's get to the elephant in the room first: I logged 27.4 MPG for my first 50,000 miles of driving. That's not even close to the EPA's estimate (and my first car in which I couldn't best the EPA's estimates). Add that to the requirement of Premium grade fuel, and the expected savings (based upon fuel cost savings) for me, won't happen until I've logged over 350,000 miles! That off the table, I find that 10-hour-per-day 2-days back-to-back leave me rested and ready to go! The car is pleasingly quick and reasonably quiet; and, at least within the RX line, the best safety features are reserved for the Hybrid. Stop and go traffic snarls are almost entertaining, in that the MPG goes UP while inching along; and the engine being stopped means lower heat cooking under-hood parts. The electric air conditioning is always perfect. My AWD's snow prowess is stellar and just short of unbelievable. I have logged just shy of 60K miles in three years; and while I'd love a newer model, I can't yet rationalize parting with this one yet.

Hybrids Rock
By SG

2013 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is one of the most quiet vehicles I have ever driven and it is fun to drive since I try to have it run on battery as much as possible to get the best MPG. The MPG is excellent (34 MPG) when in the city and okay when on the highway (30 MPG) and the gas engine kicks in. We bought this vehicle used, but it was low mileage (26,000) for a 2013 vehicle and we anticipate having many years of use from this vehicle. This is our 4th Lexus and we LOVE the brand even though we know it will be a little pricey for long-term maintenance.

Better than Mercedes,BMW
By Mahesh Raj

2013 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)