Used 2010 Lexus RX 450h Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:

Ride
By disgusted

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hard, stiff, jolting ride. Very uncomfortable if there are any imperfections in the road surface. Lexus destroyed the beautiful 400h to create this mobile design error. Typical stupidity was to put the only front 12 v outlet in a cavern under 3 boxes. Duh! Why not a second convenient one? The only thing luxurious about the 450h is the price. It is our 3rd and LAST Lexus unless they replace our suspension system. It is sad to see great soft riding comfortable SUVs (RX series 1999- 2009) be trashed so badly in 2010. After 6 months the car has 3000 miles on it because our Honda truck is far more comfortable. The Lexus is history next year!

CVT

Replace suspension and/or tires to restore the "Lexus" ride, Add a convenient 12v outlet up front. Allow easy way to shut off A/C and operate fan w/o "mousing" around while driving.

Lives up to high expectations
By Dave

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

With 5,000 miles on the car now, I'm averaging about 28mpg. The lowest tank average occurred driving through the mountains on vacation with a loaded car at about 25 mpg and I have gotten around 30mpg on normal driving around town. I had very high expectations for this car when I chose to buy it and it has really beaten my expectations with pure comfort, exceptional ride quality and enough technical gadgetry to keep me occupied on long drives. It certainly is not a sports car, but for it's size, the handling is very good and the engine and CVT transmission is a perfect match. I also live in a very dark area and the adaptive headlights are bright and extremely helpful at night.

Hybrid drive, amazingly quiet cabin, seat comfort, adaptive headlights, ventilated seats, NavTraffic (got me out of a mess on I-95 driving home on vacation), intelligent key, power rear hatch, entertainment options (XM, USB, etc)

To suggest anything really would be picky, but in this price range, much of the competition offers a panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, etc. It would be nice to see these features as options.

Poor fuel economy
By Richard

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this 2010 Lexus RX450H for about 3 months. One thing disappointments me is the actual mileage I am getting. I use it for commute from home to work in San Francisco. So far the total mileage is 880. I have been getting 21 MPG in city and 23 MPG in the city. My combined average MPG is 21.9 MPG. The advertised fuel efficiency is 28 MPG on highway and 32 MPG in the city. Not sure it is just my car or it is the city that has lots of hill and traffic signal. My round trip from home to work is 12 miles. One reason we want to switch from our 2001 BMW330CI (which runs 14 MPG) to this car is hoping to save gas. I have not bring this car to long trip yet, will test that out later.

GPS, bluetooth, backup camera.

Better actual fuel efficiency.

Ipod disatifaction
By Larry Gathings

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this vehicle Sept 2009. I very much enjoy the vehicle. The mileage is great. I don't like the connection ports. The usb ports are very hard to reach. The main problem I have is my ipod will not play. The ipod will play intermittently. I have addressed this problem to the dealership as well as Lexus. Neither have solved this problem .

Comfortable Ride
By From Denver

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first SUV and I love being high up. I love the ride; quiet, smooth like glass, cushy seats. Mileage so far is a disappointment. I am averaging just under 25 mpg. The interior of the car, other than the fine leather seats, is also a disappointment. Too much plastic. Even the wood appears cheap. The gadget technology (phone, nav, audio, etc) is unsophisticated and lacks elegance. Placement of the dashboard and other interior gauges can be in hard to find places making it necessary to take your eyes off the road. The glove box is a joke. I expect more from a $50,000 plus luxury car. I am counting on Lexus' reputation for high reliability to make this a worthwhile purchase.

The ride: quiet, smooth, cushy. That it is a Hybrid.

Fuel consumption could be better. Interior design and placement of gauges, improvements to the technology system which lacks sophistication, particularly for a luxury car.