Used 2016 Lexus NX 200t SUV Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Lexus NX 200t SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific NX 200t model:

Like the car but not the dealer service department
By Maggie

2016 Lexus NX 200t SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car handles well, is very competent to drive, and can be fun to drive on the highway. It is solid in turns, but leans and has a somewhat squishy suspension. My 2016 is noisy on concrete sections of highways. Comfortable ride much appreciated on long road trips. Approaching 32,000 miles and mechanically all is well with the car. However, Toyota service can be very annoying. Love the folks who great you, they treat you great if you chose to wait, provide a new car if you need to go somewhere, and can pick the car up at your house and return it to your house - all very nice. Fixing small annoying problems is where the service department falls flat. My car has a loud, annoying sound, like the rusty spring on an old farm wagon, when it rains. Numerous trips to the service department and no resolution. Late in the summer, the air coming out of the AC begins to smell. I had to argue with the service department to get them to fix this (according to the web) common problem. After service the car is to be cleaned - sometimes it is, but not always. Overall a nice car to own, but the owner experience could be better.

Like a luxury SUV and a sports car all in one!
By Gregory Hickey

2016 Lexus NX 200t SUV F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 4 year 50,000 mile warranty is a good place to start, but it's a Lexus and you won't need it. Reliability of Lexus is tops. This vehicle handles exceptionally well, more like a sports car than a small SUV. I've had sports cars that do not handle this well. It is really "zippy" and nimble. Some folks do not like the way the electronic display/nav screen works with a mouse pad, but it is very simple and easy to use. The power seats have a good amount of settings and the driver seat memory is a plus. I was struck by the aggressive styling of the front and sides. Compared to other vehicles this size, it is heavier because of the quality of the build. The engine is very quiet, and sound deadening materials such as premium glass and better insulation make it very quiet on the highway. The only thing I would improve is the number of cup holders. I live in a mountainous area and have a steep, sometimes icy long driveway which is a breeze with AWD; but for added safety, this vehicle also has a 4 wheel drive mode for harsh conditions. Simply love this car!

Pass this one up!!!
By Unhappy In Maui

2016 Lexus NX 200t SUV 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my NX200T in 2016 new from the dealership on Maui. Fell in love with the look of it. Coming from BMW my expectations were high. They did a great job on lying when they sold the vehicle, because I fell for it. "Has a full warranty" they said. "Has great blue tooth and voice text reading" they said. "Has a great turbo drive" they said. Unfortunately, the only way to get any power out of this vehicle is to drive in "Turbo" all the time. That's okay if you don't want to be fuel efficient. The navigation system, ability to read a text message when it comes in, had never worked from day 1. In 2016 I was told it wasn't reading the text messages because my phone was "older" (Samsung Note 4). On their web site it says it is compatible. After several months of going back and forth they said it would work when I upgraded my phone. Last year, got the Samsung Note 8, again on the web site says it is compatible. For the last 3 months I have been battling them about it. Now they say my phone is too new, still a compatibility issue. We tried several other different phones, the system will not work on any phone. They refuse to fix or replace the system. YES there is a full warranty. NO they will not fix it.... UMMM REALLY???? What good is a warranty if they wont fix. I highly recommend to NOT BUY!!!!!! SCAMMERS!!!!!! I guess in this day and age, what you pay for is not what you get :(

SUV for You
By Blond

2016 Lexus NX 200t SUV 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car for the family!!

Pride & Joy
By Don Zien

2016 Lexus NX 200t SUV F SPORT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am approaching 2 years on my NX F Sport lease. Every time I walk up to it I enjoy the gleaming silver lining paint and alloy wheels and the contrast with the red trimmed seats. As cars continue to get larger, it is the perfect size for me a lot like the original RX 300s I had. Today the RX is gigantic and there is a new even longer one coming out. I enjoy just about all aspects of the NX but there are some things that should be mentioned: 1. The safety technology is just now being included in the 2018 F Sport model such as lane departure and active cruise and braking. To put it in perspective, there are Toyota models including the Corolla that had this before the NX F Sport. 2. Until the 2018 model you couldn't get ventilated seats on the F Sport--only heated seats. 3. It seems Lexus is committed to the touch pad idea. They made it larger on the 2018 and I believe they are even incorporating it on their new flagship LS model that's coming out. Who decided this is the best tool for safe driving and use selection in the car? That should be interesting for the older LS' demographic to try and learn. 4. I am not a big fan of the 4 cylinder engine or its drone. It doesn't get good mileage and requires premium fuel. It seems to me there are a number of 4 cylinder turbos like from Korea that don't require premium fuel. I am a reasonable driver and rarely get above 24 miles per gallon. Even on the highway. 5. Regarding the heated steering wheel, it should be the whole wheel not just the 9 & 3 positions. The switch for the wheel is not logically located way down low to the left. It should be on the steering wheel. And you have to reactivate it every time you start the car. 6. No one uses the SOS button up above. Lexus just wants you to subscribe. Put the sunglass holder back up there. All that said I love the car and would get another one--maybe the hybrid next time. It's something different, fun, unique and cool.