Used 2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Made ME a Kia Spectra convert!
By R R Keogh

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I would not likely have shopped for a Kia, but picked it up cheaply from a friend, & I have been pleasantly surprised. The dashboard has warped some in the Arizona heat, & there have been a couple of electrical issues I've since discovered are common with this year's make/model, but for reliability & performance, it is recommended.

NEVER AGAIN!
By nothappy

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I don’t know how or where to start. This car has been giving me problems from the start. The engine light goes on and off. The transmission has been replaced 3 times, the computer once, the alternator 1 time; the struts have been replaced twice. OMG! It has been my worse nightmare. I have missed so many days of work because of this. I wanted to sell it, but of course Kia does not hold their value. After I paid over 15,000 for this car, I only get $2,000 after 5 years with only 55,000 miles on it. I swear I would rather walk to work everyday before I buy another Kia. PLEASE do some research before you buy a Kia... They might be affordable, but you will pay so much at the end.

Nothing really.. pretty standard.

Everything in this car needs to be improved.

Good value
By K

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my gsx used and I have had no problems at all with anything. Now has over 90,000 miles and still runs great. The performance is a little slow, but I have been adding some parts to it and they are making a big difference. I would highly recommend this car as a commuter or for performance car that you do not see very often although the part are only available from a few places.

Nice exterior and gas mileage

More factory performance

horrible service/vehicle
By cjhammen

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GSX 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Not only have we had to fork out over $1000 on repairs but Kia finally decided to put a new transmission in at only 58K, but that took 25 payments for them to do that. There is NO power to the vehicle. The seats are uncomfortable and if I didn't drive 50 miles each way to work and needed something to use as a "throw away vehicle" I would never have bought this piece of JUNK. I will not even give it to my 16 year old son to drive.

None.

Better customer service and provide a more reliable product for consumers.

Don't trust their warranty
By suckered

2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

They have two maintenance schedules. No one tells you that you are under the severe schedule until you need the warranty. Transmission failed at 38K. Kia won't cover because we didn't have the transmission fluid changed at 30K per the severe schedule. Normal schedule says look at fluid and replace if needed all the way to 105K. No customer support! No dealership support! A private transmission repair shop states that the fluid is fine & that the failure is due to part failure. Kia doesn't rebuild transmissions, they replace the whole thing and keep many in stock just for this reason. I think Kia is trying to avoid a recall. Wish superman would come to our rescue.

Good customer service means repeat customers....Kia, the Power to Disappoint.