Used 2013 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Sorento for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Very dependable

bay4side, 10/01/2014
EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Sorento has been great. Over 50,000 miles and no problems. The V6 is the best. It gives me all the power I need on the Highways. MPG is still high and I get nearly 30 on highways. The SUV still looks great. I just had it inspected, synthetic oil change, Kia oil filter and tires rotated. I check all fluids Often as well as tire air pressure.

Poor Reliability and Poor Service

neveragain727, 10/31/2012
LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a new 2012 Kia Sorento for our daughter in college in 08/2011. She put 9,800 miles on the car so far with all the normalized services being up to date. This Saturday 10/27/2012, she drove from Miami to Naple, and this car died on I-75! Thank the Lord that neither she nor her friend got hurt! She had it towed to Fuccillo Kia dealership in Cape Coral, FL. This dealership did the initial evaluation that day, but could not diagnosed the reason why the car died! Thus, my 20 year old daughter had to leave the car in the Cape Coral Kia dealership, and no one at this dealership offered to help her getting a loaner/ rental car through Kia warranty coverage! My daughter had to ask her friend to drive from Miami (an hour and 45 minutes away) to pick her up and bring her back to Miami that evening! Of course, nothing was done on Sunday. On Monday, the Cape Coral Kia dealership had to ask that we should contact our Kia dealership in Clearwater to fax all the service records to them as all the Kia dealerships'service databases are separated with no connectivity or sharing capability among them. I called the National Kia Customer Service to ask for help as the Clerwater Kia dealership did not respond initially to our request. The toll-free National Kia Customer Service lady said that Kia National headquarter does not have any data on services at any of their dealerships, but she gave me a case # and her extension to call back or communication, which I thought initially as being very nice and helpful ( I even did a survey for her and gave her high marks!) I have to call the Clearwater Kia dealership's service manager to ask for help in faxing the service records to the Cape Coral Kia dealership to finally getting this done. After reviewing the well documented 3 services (on 08/11/11, 1/13/2012, and 06/11/2012), the Cape Coral Kia dealership agreed that we have had the car well-maintained by a Kia dealership during our short ownership, but th engine died fro unknown reason. The service manager there suggested that they will have to rebuilt the engine! We asked if this issue had been reported on other Kia Sorentos, and he replied that he does not or aware of any national recall nor issue with the Kia Sorento having premature engine failure. We asked that the engine should be replaced with a new engine from Kia factory in the Atlanta, Georgia plant in USA, rather from a rebuilt engine. The manager said that he will try to request for that. We requested that while the car being serviced under a Kia warranty-issue if my daughter could get a rental or loaner car for her to get to class at college. The dealership reported that they could do a rental car up to $30/day coverage only. However, since our daughter is 20 yo, she could not rent the car from any rental companies! The dealership insisted that they have no loaner car available for her to use! I called the Kia toll-free national customer service four times (twice on Monday 10/29/12 and twice on Tuesday 10/30/2012) using the previously given extension # to the service lady, Melinda. I was not able to get in touch with her either time, and upon calling back other customer service agents reviewed our case #, reporting that nothing was in our case report! So why created a case # and giving me an extension #!? At this time, we are waiting for Kia's decisions to replace the engine, and to consider helping our daughter a way to get back from Miami to Cape Coral! With this occurence of the failed engine on a new 2012 Kia Sorento with 9,800 miles after one year of ownership, I have to say that I am very disappointed in this car and with the above service issues from Kia National Customer Service Center! Thus, I would NOT recommend this car nor this car company to anyone at this time! Hopefully, this automotive company will learn to improve their quality and service in the future!

Will never own another Kia

Christina, 11/20/2017
SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Kia does not stand behind it's product. My mothers 2013 Sorento had engine failure at 80,000 miles. The car was regularly serviced and she only drove it to work and back. Kia says that even though they have a 100,000 mile warrenty they can not honer that because she bought the car used 3 years ago. Kia has tons of lawsuits against them right now for this reason. Please research before buying.

2013 Kia Sorento 6V, automatic 3 year review.

SFM, 11/27/2018
EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got this SUV used with 28 thou miles. The V-6 is great. For any larger vehicles a V6 is needed. Acceleration and passing is no problem. The electronics are great. I don't use the cellular phone connection , but it's there to be used. The radio is good with very good speakers. I never use the third row seats, but they would only be good for small children. The GPS is good to have and I use it a lot. It's not as good as it should be. The upgrade is too expensive. I only use OEM oil filters and Mobil 1 oil. I rotate the tires once a year when the oil is changed. I drive less than 6000 miles a year . The backup camera is good to have, but it gets fogged up in bad weather. I don't use the heated or air conditioned seats. Dont like the idea of having hot wires under my rear. This SUV has a lot of road noise on the highways. Worst of all is the very hard ride. I replaced the tires, but that didn't help much. Over all I like the SUV and it's very pretty in the Silver color.

Great value, but stiff ride

Nick F., 07/30/2018
LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the 3rd 2012-2013 Sorento LX that I've driven with some regularity. We also have had two made in 2016. The Sorentos have been a great value with no major maintenance issues and offer lots of room and conversion options in the first two rows. Unfortunately, the ride- until the 2016 production- has always been stiff. We just put some new, better quality tires on it with hope that it would cushion the ride. Not so much. If you run over a quarter, you can almost tell what year it was minted. I would also recommend opting for a V6 if you ever want to pull into traffic before completing a prayer. Despite this, the Sorento LX is a lot of SUV (especially with a third row seat and V6 option) for those on a budget.

12345...10